SAP Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"SAP Support Architect"

Former Employee - SAP Applications Support Analyst in Newtown, PA
    Former Employee - SAP Applications Support Analyst in Newtown, PA

I worked at SAP full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

- Great colleagues and work atmosphere,
    - Enjoyed working for them (11y GER/6y US) every single days
    - Optimal health care coverage
    - Nice campus in the Philadelphia area

Cons

- they are about to lose their corporate identity. In the past it was something special to work for them. In the meantime, I only fealt as a anonymous number.

Jul 14, 2017 – Life at SAP Team

Thanks for your feedback. The pros you list are great to see. We understand things can get noisy at a large company; A lot of opinions going on at once, but we try to promote a work culture where... More

2. "Great company with amazing benefits"

Current Employee - User Experience Researcher in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - User Experience Researcher in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at SAP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible work options, unlimited sick leave, catered healthy lunches, great benefits overall, stock options

Cons

Less impact, less creative freedom, lots of politics

Jun 27, 2017 – Life at SAP Team

We appreciate your review and are glad you are enjoying your time with SAP. Please know that we are working to minimize politics and we trust our employees to make work a good atmosphere for others.

3. "A Company With Heart"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newtown Square, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newtown Square, PA

I have been working at SAP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

What I love about SAP is how much they truly care - the company have invested in learning & development programs, lots of nice benefits/perks, and the mission & purpose of improving people's lives. It is truly part of the culture and motivating for me personally. And love seeing the impact being made.

Cons

Some departments are not as advanced as others. So while the company makes significant progress, we still have areas of improvement. But when I look back at my career, this is typical of any company

Jun 6, 2017 – Life at SAP Team

We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to write this review. Helping the world run better and improving people's lives is truly our purpose. You are right, we are growing and adapting to... More

4. "Sr Director Demand Management"

Former Employee - Senior Director Demand Management in Phila, PA
    Former Employee - Senior Director Demand Management in Phila, PA

Pros

Great company. Great leadership. Challenging, fun and best work experience of my life. The leadership and people I worked for were the smartest in the industry. When I became very sick they rallied around me and took care of my every need.

Cons

I cannot think of one single thing that I did not like at SAP. The people were great the environment was fantastic.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Your commitment to your employees and the community is what separates SAP from the crowd

Jun 6, 2017 – Life at SAP Team

Thanks for providing this feedback - it's certainly encouraging for us! We wish you all the best.

5. "very good company to work at"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Pros

open atmosphere
    cutting edge technologies
    good benefits and compensation
    great work life balance

Cons

none, apart from the fact that it is a huge company and hence can be a bit slow in changing at times...

Jun 6, 2017 – Life at SAP Team

Thanks so much for the great review. We are proud of the employee benefits we offer, and the products we create. If you are frustrated with a bureaucratic process, don’t give up! Ask questions like... More

"One of the best companies to work for"

Current Employee - Technology Consultant in Newtown Square, PA
    Current Employee - Technology Consultant in Newtown Square, PA

I have been working at SAP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Innovative company that cares about its employees and fosters growth

Cons

There are very few downsides that I can think of. SAP might not be a good fit if you're looking to coast by with current skills instead of learning new skills.

Advice to Management

Continue innovating and never become complacent

7. "Team lead"

Former Employee - Team Lead in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Team Lead in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at SAP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very good environment, good beneficts

Cons

Number oriented, not people oriented, management team not prepared

Advice to Management

I don't have advice to management team.. each company acts according to what they have as good principles

8. "Good company with aggressive strategic initiatives!"

Current Employee - Business Consultant in Newtown Square, PA
    Current Employee - Business Consultant in Newtown Square, PA

I have been working at SAP full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Company has a strategic mindset to plan products for the future!

Cons

Without actual networking and connections it hard to really plan your career growth/expansion

"Silicon Valley Next Talent Program"

Current Employee - Developer in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Developer in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at SAP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Silicon Valley Next Talent (SVNT) Program:
    SVNT is a highly competitive rotational program and career accelerator within the products and innovation organization at SAP. The cool thing is that you can rotate on multiple SAP teams within the first year. At the end you may select the best fit based on mutually benefits. Therefore, you may develop a big picture mindset about SAP, while contributing your strengths on many impactful product features that are using by the world's most successful businesses. I think this unique program would be the best choice for all new graduates to consider.

- Application Process:
    The review below is based on overall recruiting process of Silicon Valley Next Talent Program. The whole process took about one month (starting from the time that my resume was accepted and I submitted the survey form). The recruiter is pretty helpful and responsive with interview arrangements as well as status updates. The interview process has several rounds. The first round is talking your background with the recruiter. I learned about the recruiting process and what to expect after joining SVNT program. After that the second round interview is with the SVNT program manager, in which many behavioral questions were asked. I enjoyed the conversation a lot and found that the core values and team culture at SAP would be the perfect fit for me. I also felt connected with the program manager when I shared insights about my experiences and lessons learned. The third and fourth rounds are technical interviews with SAP experts in my field. The format and questions were similar to typical technical interviews with other large tech companies. One thing stood out was that all interviewers were super passionate about their work and shared many great things about working at SAP. These conversations really helped me to develop a better understanding about the benefits of SVNT program and I then decided to accept the offer from SAP instead of some other top companies.

Cons

The overall recruiting and on-boarding process in quite smooth and many detailed guidance is provided. I think the SVNT program at SAP is one of the best recruiting process I had ever experienced.

10. "Sales Support"

Current Employee - Architect in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Architect in Chicago, IL

I have been working at SAP full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Empowered with the tools to get my job down and the latitude to go do it my way by my management. Achieve your targets and you will be supported. Very flexible work culture.

Cons

It's a big company and not everyone is on the same page. Internal competition for development resources leads to overlapping products.

Advice to Management

Get better coordinated at a strategic level with internal teams. The vision is there but not everyone inside is incentivized to support the vision especially when it means their area will be reduced.

Showing 4,987 of 5,532 reviews