SAP Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

5,763 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • work life balance can be difficult (in 232 reviews)

• Have no cons here to write about (in 117 reviews)

1. "Great benefits"

Current Employee - Senior Marketing Specialist in Newtown, PA
    Current Employee - Senior Marketing Specialist in Newtown, PA

I have been working at SAP full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Work from home options, flexibility, great benefit package

Cons

Many layers of management

Advice to Management

My experience is that when someone is considered a high-value employee, they move them into a management role whether they have people management skills or not. I've had several managers who have no business managing people but are just 'getting their ticket punched' before they can be promoted. Many are better off just being individual contributors.

2. "Great people, solutions and environment."

Pros

Great office environment. Great food offerings between breakfast, lunch and cafe selections.
    The people I’ve been working with since coming on board three years ago also have made the experience here fantastic. Everyone is extremely knowledgeable and more than willing to help at all times.
    It’s also a great time to be here based on the innovation being delivered by SAP across the board.

Cons

Large shifts in the delivery model have made it difficult to juggle the expanding expectations.
    No holiday shut down period.

Advice to Management

Building upon the available resources to ensure all teams are properly supported will be a key to ensuring ongoing success.

3. "One of the Best Companies to Work"

Current Employee - Technical Quality Manager in Newtown Square, PA
    Current Employee - Technical Quality Manager in Newtown Square, PA

I have been working at SAP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours, supportive team, excellent work culture

Cons

Nothing to say at the moment. I have encountered no cons as of yet.

Advice to Management

Keep doing all the great things you are doing SAP. You deserve to be rated "Best Places to Work."

4. "Great company culture and people"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at SAP full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

October Month of Service encourages all SAP employees Globally to volunteer their time to help their local communities and causes. This kind of corporate social responsibility motivates employees to make an impact in their own communities and helps build morale.

SAP is one of the top workplaces for Women .

There is a good work / life balance as there are a lot of opportunities to work remotely (telecommute).

We have good benefits plan for employees for medical, healthcare, dental , vacation leaves, short term leave (maternity) etc.

It is a global company so you get to network with various colleagues in different countries and regions.

I like working for SAP because of the culture of inclusivity, corporate and social responsibility and encourages everyone to grow and be the best you can be.

Cons

There are areas we can improve on simplifying our internal processes .

5. "It’s just a great place to work"

Current Employee - IT Consultant in Haverford, PA
    Current Employee - IT Consultant in Haverford, PA

I have been working at SAP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Having access to a fitness facility
    On campus. A free lunch everyday with lots of great options. Diverse work environment. Always something good fun on campus happening. A csa on campus that I can pick up my veggies at Lunch. I wonder sometimes how I got so lucky to work here!

Cons

Parking can be an issue. It is still mostly men running things and they are windows dominated. I wish there was better communication we recently had to change our passwords and the date it was due was changed and then many got locked out as a result.

Advice to Management

Keep striving to be better and never just settle for good enough. Thank you for all you do for women.

6. "Great work environment"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Northeast, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Northeast, NY

I have been working at SAP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work with really smart people in a supportive environment focused on our customer's success.

Cons

It is a large company and can be difficult to navigate

7. "employee perspective"

Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY

I have been working at SAP full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

SAP Employees are humble and collaborative with the customer success as a team sport at all times.

Cons

You need a network, you can only win as a team, single player wins are not possible

Advice to Management

Keep up the great SAP Atitude

8. "A truly great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newtown Square, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newtown Square, PA

I have been working at SAP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A lot of companies say they have a great culture (and I have worked at a few companies before coming to SAP), but SAP REALLY does have a great culture. First of all, they care about the company. They invest a ton into the employees via hundreds of career development programs (you can take all types of training - media training, how to enhance your LinkedIn profile, how to work on executive summaries, how to code, etc), amazing company benefits (ranked best in stock purchase plans and high on our other plans like healthcare, dental, etc.), and fun perks (fitness centers, gardening, team building events, community service opportunities, happy hour, sports teams, company parties, subsidized lunches, etc.). It is really impressive how much is invested into the employees to grow and improve.

Cons

So many choices can ben overwhelming at times. But once you find your network and grove it has been a lot better

Advice to Management

Have a little bit more fun in our creative. Would love to see more humor in our marketing.

9. "Engaged Employees, great work life balance"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at SAP full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Very virtual environment- many employees work from home. SAP has done a great job staying at the forefront of innovation. I work with employees who are very engaged and excited about where SAP is and where we are headed! I also know a number of ex-SAP employees who are trying to come back - that says a lot!

Cons

As with any large company, there can be extra steps to go through to get things done. But this has improved greatly over the last couple of years.

Advice to Management

Keep employee engagement high - so far so good!

10. "Healthy Culture"

Current Employee - Human Resources Business Partner in Newtown Square, PA
    Current Employee - Human Resources Business Partner in Newtown Square, PA

I have been working at SAP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Growth and development is encouraged . Great benefits in terms of vacation/sick leave/parental leave for a company in the US. Leaders are generally trustworthy and transparent. Good work/life balance and flexible working hours. Culture focused on health and sustainability.

Cons

Many internal processes are frustratingly outdated and cumbersome.

Advice to Management

Take advantage of the many resources available to you to develop yourself and your employees. Sometimes managers don't focus on the critical people management aspect of their roles.

Showing 5,763 of 6,398 reviews