SAP Reviews | Glassdoor

4,606 Employee Reviews

1. "Intern"

Current Employee - Intern - Hourly in Newtown Square, PA
    Current Employee - Intern - Hourly in Newtown Square, PA

I have been working at SAP part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company provides access to gym, covers lunch expenses, and overall benefits are great

Cons

Luck of permanent work desk for most of the interns and entry-level employees. Also, it is unusual for employees to work with two monitors. Most of them work just with a laptop alone which is very inconvenient

Feb 10, 2017 – Employer Brand Marketing Coordinator

We're happy to see you're enjoying the benefits you're getting at SAP!

2. "Great Pay, Frustrating Organization"

Current Employee - Director, Solution Management in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Director, Solution Management in Denver, CO

I have been working at SAP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The financial benefits are great. The work/life balance is fantastic unless you end up in a role where you travel a lot which is quite common. The company has performed very well especially recently. They have continued to improve their core products. The company really takes care of their employees.

Cons

There are many people that have similar roles and so your work is constantly overlapping with other people. There is no accountability for success with a single group. It is always spread across several groups. This can be very frustrating when trying to get something done because all decisions go through a committee.

Feb 10, 2017 – Employer Brand Marketing Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to review. We are love seeing the pros and the cons. The pros help validate that SAP is a great place to work and the cons help to make us better.

3. "Great company"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at SAP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

SAP is very supportive of their employees - there are regular training opportunities and movement throughout the organization is encouraged. The pay is solid and they reward employees who work hard.

Cons

I work on the client-facing delivery side and the work is intense. There is a lot of travel and to succeed at SAP you have to work hard. There isn't much work-life balance and you do have to work through a maze of complexity in order to do things (lots of steps, rules, etc). It's a good company but you have to learn how to navigate it.

Feb 10, 2017 – Employer Brand Marketing Coordinator

Thanks for your positive review. Working hard to deliver award-winning results is something we do at SAP - our success really shows thanks to the dedication from employees like YOU. But we hope you ... More

5. "Great place to work!"

Former Employee - Senior Support Engineer in Boulder, CO
    Former Employee - Senior Support Engineer in Boulder, CO

I worked at SAP full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Very forward thinking and progressive. Love the laid back office atmosphere. Great people!! Any training you can think of is available.

Cons

The actual cubes no longer exist. Hard to concentrate sometimes with all the surrounding noises. Some of the offices are still formal.

Advice to Management

Some of the managers need to be trained. But the majority of them are great!

Feb 10, 2017 – Employer Brand Marketing Coordinator

Thank you for leaving a review with us. Indeed, SAP is a very forward-thinking and progressive company. We're all about innovation so we need to constantly be thinking ahead in all aspects! We're ... More

"Mass incompetence"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Palo Alto, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Palo Alto, CA

I worked at SAP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Stable large company
    Free food
    Nice campus

Cons

The manager of my team, head of emerging technologies, big data IoT was an absolute joke. Never have I come across someone so pathetically under skilled and yet allowed to maintain a stronghold of running a team. The manager didn't know anything about technology except how to rise up the management ranks.
    Entire teams of people there know nothing and accomplish nothing.

Advice to Management

When an entire team discusses with upper management about how pathetic their managers skill set is, please listen to them. I and many other people have since quit the company due to their incompetence. No one wants to work on a losing team.

Feb 20, 2017 – Employer Brand Social Media Manager

Thank you for the input. We agree leadership should be inspiring and right for the job, and we remain focused to maintain strong leadership at our company. SAP values our employees’ opinions and we ... More

7. "Great company"

Current Employee - Senior Graphic Designer in Newtown Square, PA
    Current Employee - Senior Graphic Designer in Newtown Square, PA

I have been working at SAP full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great benefits, multicultural environment, great work/life balance, large company

Cons

None that I can think of

8. "A good company with usual flaws"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA

I worked at SAP full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great technology
    Employee support
    Flexibility for remote employees

Cons

High pressure
    Office politics
    Frequent changes in organization

"The best CEO in tech! But..."

Current Employee - Vice President in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Vice President in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at SAP full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

great vision, incredible people, winners that want to make the world a better place. Great place for young talent. Office is beautiful, wonderful facilities, free lunch, and many extras that make the work environment wonderful. The people at SAP are the best, and nearly all would do anything to help.

Cons

Level 2 & 3 leadership poorly trained, not qualified. Overcrowded, redundant teams, political. SVP layer of company is a mess. Vision is clear at the top of the company, but then at the SVP layer that vision is twisted into a departmental, political battleground, a game of thrones. Stock and other equity options are not great. Brilliant, tenured, experienced people that bleed for the company are gifted very little stock. BAD place for young talent (leadership at people managerial level is weak, uncertain about how to lead). Not unusual to have a new boss every 3-9 months resulting in limited understanding of skill, trust, relationship.

Advice to Management

Spend more time qualifying the SVP's, Stop selecting leadership based on your personal relationship. Loyalty, tenure, and performance does not make for a good people manager. LISTEN more.

Spend less time trying to recruit the millennials, and more time hiring strong, experienced leaders. The young talent will then come to the company and STAY. Increase the equity package, and reward the great talent that has been with the company for 10 plus years.

10. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

I have been working at SAP (Less than a year)

Pros

Management is very supportive of employees getting trained and instilling a culture of lifelong learning through free online courses.
    Flexible working options: you can work remotely

Cons

It can be very bureaucratic and have the corporate vibe that can hinder progress and motivation

Advice to Management

Unequal pay is a problem. You have to walk the talk of corporate purpose with your employees first taking a proactive approach to get rid of unequal pay.

"Night of the Living Dead meets Pleasantville"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Palo Alto, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Palo Alto, CA

I worked at SAP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Learn to be successful with shallow people that smile alot
    - Learn how difficult it is for customers to use their software

Cons

- Company promises alot, and has a very hard time living up to it
    - Beware of the smiling faces

Advice to Management

Be honest and live up to the espoused ideals

Showing 4,606 of 5,070 reviews