SAS Shoes Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.6
Nancy Richardson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "It's a great company!"

Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at SAS Shoes full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They still care about their employees and have a real family vibe to the company!

Cons

Sometimes slow to act when asking corporate for help or supplies.

2. "Ecommerce Advertisement Clerk"

I have been working at SAS Shoes full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Laid back work atmosphere with a strong family environment. They offer plenty of minor incentives such as free food, potential time off, and additional holidays. Company values are deeply family rooted so they also are more understanding than most companies about injuries, family emergencies, and health concerns.

Cons

The company is a bit old school. Industry standards and best practices are generally not followed or are not yet fully established at the company. Due to the company structure, growth opportunities are not available in all areas of the company. Additionally, certain positions that would be common place in other companies may not even be established due to the company's structure.

Advice to Management

Management should look for company growth opportunities as well as implement more industry standards / best practices throughout the company.

3. "Good job"

I have been working at SAS Shoes part-time

Pros

good place to work, nice people

Cons

nothing bad about them

Advice to Management

ok

4. "Absolutely wonderful"

Current Employee - Store Manager in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Orlando, FL

I have been working at SAS Shoes full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Best company I have work for. I value everything the company has provided, it has been a great learning experience. No one said it will be easy, I had to work for it. I don’t picture myself working for another company.

Cons

Need more technology to get caught up with other retailers. Old timers attitude is keeping the company from growing even more.

Advice to Management

Keep growing the company.

"I don't understand"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at SAS Shoes full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

What Pros..... people who work there are some of the nicest people around, not corporate people real workers not pretend workers

Cons

Oh where to start! Pay is awful offering people $8-9 hourly , who can live on that? Offering people bonuses they can never hit, because lack of product, sizes, or efficient marketing, is a joke. $15 off a pair of shoes are not a discount its called tax free, because that is all it covers, that was a great deal when shoes cost less, but that's been raised 3 times in the last year. YES your customers noticed and telling them cost go up is not working and that is why they are not buying. Quality has dropped and that's why the returns are so much higher. Customers are having defects left and right. We are taking everything back because they don't want complaints and stores are blamed when customers are mad. People working in the Corporate office have no clue what is happening in the stores or what we are dealing with daily. They create polices but then break them when its convenient. EX(must have a safety belt on a ladder but then don't provide the belt) unfortunately this list can go onononononononononononononononon but you get it right? They never will till the doors close. Employees are just worker drones and if you don't care about the company you can last but you have a brain you must move on they don't want you. They refuse to listen to people telling them what the issues are and give ideas, but if it's not there idea it's not good. all the good people with options leave and the ones who stay "like me" don't have the option to leave, I need my job! I just hope my job will still here til I can retire, but I'm scared were going to go under because the people up top, haven't a clue

Advice to Management

Pretend your america saying "MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN" that's how your employees feel about SAS, MAKE US GREAT AGAIN, before it's too late, if it is not to late already. When you respond take thought because the generic remarks are corporate bull and tells me you only read and hear what you want and don't care what these reviews say

6. "Too slow to grow"

Current Employee - Manager-In-Training
    Current Employee - Manager-In-Training

I have been working at SAS Shoes full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working with the customers and making them happy.

Cons

There is so much down time you are almost in tears.

"Dont expect much"

Former Employee - Sales Associate/Key Holder in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate/Key Holder in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at SAS Shoes part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

New adventure in company run stores rather than indepentant run stores.

Cons

Badly managed. Sundays and holidays no added compensation. Low pay more responsibilities. High employee turnover. Rah Rah attitude from area supervisors quite obnoxious Compensation bonus is a thanksgiving turkey. Annoying customers at times company does not stand behind their employees.

Advice to Management

Stick to youre independant stores than poorly run company stores.

8. "Sas shoemakers"

I worked at SAS Shoes full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great Product. Great dedication. Family environment.

Cons

Antiquated technology, good old boy network, poor leadership professionalism

Advice to Management

Trust tour employees, trust each other, Let the team knowbthat company goals

9. "sales"

I worked at SAS Shoes part-time

Pros

A very good employee discount

Cons

Low paying job, stressful work environment

Advice to Management

Increase pay rate, better work life balance

"Had the best customers in the industry"

Pros

There was a time when this company could boast having the most comfortable shoes in the world...and they'd have been correct! Used to uphold quality over quantity above anything else.

Cons

Upper management has lost their way and is currently destroying what made SAS different. People who never worked a store are making decisions to turn on the very customers that pay their salary.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the "shoe source" mob mentality before it's too late. You CAN still turn it around. I bet your customers would return if you did.