SBM Management Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.0
Charles Somers

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great place but not right for everyone"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in McClellan, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in McClellan, CA

I have been working at SBM Management Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I am glad I took the job, I was a little nervous at first because of the reviews I read on this site but everyone I met during the interview process was great so it made me wonder if those reviews were accurate of the environment or simply negative reviews from folks who probably couldn't meet expectations and had a bad experience because of it. After being here now for 8-months I can tell you that things are not as bad as others have made it sound. My boss and the company in general do have high expectations but I like that. I have worked at too many places where floaters get away with not working hard and get compensated the same of those of us who do work hard. SBM doesn't like floaters and will get rid of you if you don't work hard, but they will reward you if you do work hard! great people, great perks!

Cons

Be more selective of who you hire so you don't get whiners who cant keep up with the rest of us!

Advice to Management

I wish you would require corporate folks to work in operations when they first start so they can get a better feel and appreciation of what operations does. I didn't get my exposure to it until 4-months in, it would have benefited me to get get that earlier.

2. "Transition ambition"

Current Employee - Lead in Rochester, MN
    Current Employee - Lead in Rochester, MN

I have been working at SBM Management Services full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Transition coordinator Miriam Tovar was the absolutely the Right person for the job at hand. Miriam's choice for the manager position was spot on, I would like to welcome Nerminka Jahic and the rest of the Rochester Minnesota team to SBM. Nerminka's knowledge of both her facility and her team surpasses all most every site I've been to. SBM has been blessed with the transition leadership, Safety personnel from Tim, Randy, Miriam ,Jason, Victor and the new team members.

Cons

Use Tannin spot remover,. Much better than the general purpose spot remover.

Advice to Management

This team is an unstoppable Force

"Terrible Management, CEO, People, and Culture"

Current Employee - Manager in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at SBM Management Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people running ship are actually not very intelligent. They are also rude to all employees. They get 1 star lol. Just follow along.

Cons

Where would I start? There's nothing good about this poorly ran and miserably ran company.

Advice to Management

Get a clue. Someone pray for you guys.

"Not Realistic"

Former Employee - Site Manager in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Site Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at SBM Management Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I'm not really sure what to list as a positive. The company underbids contracts to win an account and then is unable to perform. There is no support or resources provided to mid-management, and site managers often get replaced in order to show the client they are "taking action". It is a shame. The field staff (custodians) are severely under compensated and frustrated. And while my salary was "fair" for the position, there was no job security or opportunities for advancement. You were at the mercy of an account that was not set up for success to begin with. I resigned as soon as I recognized their business model.

Cons

Everything listed under "pro". There are no positives. Company could be great if they were honest.

Advice to Management

Pay your custodians more -- the better the pay, the higher the quality work. And be HONEST in your bids. Companies are not always looking for the lowest price, they want someone who will come in and do the job well. They are hiring you to maintain their properties so they don't have to! If you're causing them more stress than assistance, you're doing something wrong.

5. "Bettwr pay"

I have been working at SBM Management Services full-time

Pros

Im workimg and able to pay bills

Cons

Leads need help in leading

"Management came 1 hour late 1st day. Recruitment Not Very Helpful, Very Nonchalant and Arrogant."

Pros

None at all to completely be honest. It was a nice shirt that was given.

Cons

Complete Joke, no training, no management, no help to better job, terrible all around company.

Advice to Management

Clean House

"Salary means working 60-70+ hours per week"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in McClellan, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in McClellan, CA

I have been working at SBM Management Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

* Depending on the department, great coworkers
    * Depending on the department or business unit, great workspace
    * Free food, free coffee, and free parking

Cons

There are some hourly employees, but most are salaried employees. So the expectation is that you will work 45-50 hours a week, and up to 60-70 hours a week or more if you are with the Insite team. I have heard that the CEO gets bored on a Saturday morning and starts calling employees on the Insite team just to chat. It could be 8 a.m. and you're making or eating breakfast with your kids, or it could be at 9 a.m. on a Sunday when you're getting ready for church. It doesn't matter to the CEO. I walked by the glass conference room twice and have heard the CEO say to employees in the room, "I pay your salary. I own you and your time." Also, if SBM gives you a phone, expect that an executive will call you off hours just to yell at you or ramble on because they are bored.

Advice to Management

I am so glad I am an hourly employee, and I am quite happy at my job. So convert line-level staff to hourly employees. Then they leave after 40 hours or receive overtime instead of working an extra 10-20 hours a week or more for free.

"Worst employment experience ever!"

Current Employee - Management in Edison, NJ
    Current Employee - Management in Edison, NJ

I have been working at SBM Management Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Janitorial staff is very nice.

Cons

Everything from lack of training, supervision and lies.
    Absolutely no work/life balance.

Advice to Management

Go to Business Management School.

"Do. Not. Take. This. Job."

I worked at SBM Management Services full-time

Pros

Many wonderful coworkers, frequent free lunch and breakfast, beautiful campus.

Cons

Do you enjoy working in the dark, with no instruction to guide your success? Do you like being barked at and hung up on by leadership? Do you and your entire team like to be treated like an expendable commodity, jettisoned at a moment's notice after giving your all? Then SBM is your cup of tea! Seriously - at all costs, do NOT take a job here if you are a self-respecting professional. Team after team, doing the same jobs, are let go and replaced, let go and replaced -- but new warm bodies aren't told of this. Fear and dishonestly reign here, and it will cost you.

Advice to Management

This is a privately held company by someone who thinks he knows everything, though has no pertinent experience or education outside facility maintenance and real estate development, and no advice to the top would ever matter a damn anyway.

10. "SBM Management"

I have been working at SBM Management Services full-time

Pros

Good pay, weekends and holidays off, great room for growth

Cons

unexpected shift changes, unorganized training processes, unrealistic expectations

Advice to Management

Provide more guided training and development for new hires. Provide more support for managers at at risk sites.