SCC Reviews | Glassdoor

SCC Reviews

Updated April 27, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Very simply - good people rewarded (in 16 reviews)

• Paid on time, although they have been known to make stupid mistakes with the wages and various other HR related tasks (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • No pay rises are given because of "Brexit" but the company brags about the enormous profits the company is making (in 46 reviews)

• No pay rises unless you are prepared to kiss some serious botty for the rest of your working life (in 29 reviews)

1. "Good Company to start with"

Current Employee - Team Leader
    Current Employee - Team Leader

I have been working at SCC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Provides good training and experience

Cons

Some bad management and low payment

Advice to Management

Don't promote your employees based on friendship

"Don't Do It!"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Birmingham, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Birmingham, England (UK)

I have been working at SCC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good salary, but only because the pension is poor. It's how they retain people.

Cons

Where to start? Poor line management. Inward looking, sales driven and with incredibly bad process.

The worst career move I ever made. Staff are treated like children - no trust, no empowerment. The attitude is that the company can do what it wants because it's privately owned.

It would take a massive cultural change, starting at the very top, to make this a good choice of employer!

Advice to Management

Stop posting false reports on Glassdoor. There's no other advice worth giving, because it won't be listened to.

"Security guard"

Pros

I can't say much about the company because i worked as a security guard.company looks ok had a induction where everything is explained

Cons

security manger is got no sense how to speak to his staff instead of calling u in the office he will talk very rudely and shout at you in front of staff

Advice to Management

You should ask staff if they are happy with managers others wise will lose good hard working people

5. "Company"

I have been working at SCC full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Excellent opportunities, great career development.
    Hard working and experienced management teams.

Cons

All good, no negatives at SCC

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you doing!

"Job totally mis-sold"

I worked at SCC full-time

Pros

So when it comes to the pros of working for SCC, I can't really think of any whatsoever, other than a good salary.

Cons

My interview with SCC filled me with hope, the hiring manager was very interested in my previous skills and experience. When I started with SCC, it quickly became apparent that everything I was told at the interview was completely un-true. There was a huge lack of direction by management and it actually took 5 weeks before I was given something to do!

Advice to Management

Don't mis sell jobs, people will just come and then go elsewhere when they realise they they have been mis-sold the job.

"Bunch of Cowboys at best. AVOID!"

Pros

Worked here for SCC for nearly 10 years. The engineers are good guys who you can have a laugh with. The call coordinators are pleasant. The stores chaps are helpful. The team leaders are ok (most of the time).

Cons

Never once seen a pay rise. Was constantly told there was no money to increase staff salaries (unless you worked in sales). Meanwhile the CEO is buying airports and hotels. Also, management receive bonuses. Whilst the engineering staff get peanuts.
    Most of the management we're just jumped up ex engineers who have kissed enough bumbum to get to where they are. They have zero people skills and treat staff like Second Class Citizens (SCC's).
    There are some fake 5* reviews on here from Aug 2016. Senior management probably holding guns to heads (or some other, similar threat).

Advice to Management

Get yourselves on some training courses. Improve your people skills. Don't talk down to your staff. Don't boast about your bonuses in front of staff.

"Awful place to work"

I worked at SCC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

In my time there I can not say that I saw any positives, only good thing is that the canteen food is reasonable.

Cons

Awful Senior Management that encourage a bully boy culture. Continual lies to customers and delay tactics. I have advised other people not to even consider working there. Huge turnover of staff, only the deadbeats get promoted, hence incompetence is rife. Appalling benefits, over worked 50+ hrs a week is expected.

Advice to Management

I suggest they stop micro managing and embrace modern ways of working. In all honesty with the bunch of clowns they have in place I can not see the company ever changing.

"same old , same old"

Former Employee - IT Desktop Support Engineer in Bracknell, England (UK)
    Former Employee - IT Desktop Support Engineer in Bracknell, England (UK)

Pros

Nice friendly people every one gets on and every one does a good Job

Cons

every concievable benefit is the bare minimum , Sick pay , redundancy pay , holiday pay & travel expenses . Welcome to Swains world and Rita Pygmy management team well behind the times . Always get told how SCC buck the trend and make a profit but no pay rises for the workers unless you are in sales . executive board still able to feather there own pockets

Advice to Management

need to be with the times . Remember your best assets are your employees . the rate you are going you wont have any decent employees left !

10. "Short term contract"

Former Employee - Project Manager in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Project Manager in London, England (UK)

Pros

IT Service provider so a good range of project types to gain experience on

Cons

None while I was there

"Don't bother if you want career progression"

Current Employee - Skivy/Dogs Body in Birmingham, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Skivy/Dogs Body in Birmingham, England (UK)

Pros

Working close to home and I work with a good team. They are the only reasons I stay.

Cons

There are no good things about working for SCC. It claims to be a market leader in the field of IT services, but the company is run with a small business mentality.
    Not even had a cost of living pay rise in 5 years.
    No career progression or training unless you work in sales or account management.
    Co-workers have asked for a pay rise after meeting their targets only to be told no. They then leave and SCC recruit a replacement and pay them more money than the person who has left!

Advice to Management

Treat your people like human beings rather than a bum on a seat. Pay decent wages and offer them real career prospects.