KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

SCO Family of Services President and CEO Keith M. Little
Keith M. Little

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "often work off the clock, low pay, and not much room for growth(in 33 reviews)
  • "Biased management and a very high turnover rate(in 17 reviews)
  • "Low salary for all the work you have to do(in 15 reviews)
  • "Because leadership is absent, mid(in 7 reviews)
  • "Many of the supervisors have little to no experience or degree in the field.(in 7 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of SCO Family of Services and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Loved it here

Mar 29, 2022 - Direct Care Worker in Dix Hills, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Love being part of this organization because they do so many good things

Cons

Low pay for some of the positions

2. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Ok

Jun 11, 2022 - Special Education Teacher
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good experience and training . Ability to learn a lot

Cons

Underpaid, big workload, lots of need for improvement with company

HR Specialist of Recruitment and Retention

Thank you for your feedback! It’s great to hear that you were able to benefit from our growth and development opportunities during your time with us. We care about each member of our team and want to see them succeed. We would love to talk more about your concerns with your supervisor, please feel free to reach out to your HR Specialist to discuss these matters further to ensure improvement.

3. 1.0
    Former Employee

Horrible treatment of staff and families

Jul 1, 2022 - Caseworker in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Genuinely none. You think you’ll be able to do a lot for a family but got really won’t, so many blocks from supervisors and ACS but they make it impossible for parents to be seen as making improvements

Cons

Terrible pay, barely any time off, harsh treatment of families and a million hoops for them to jump through, poor organization, high turnover, immense stress, they will refuse you overtime when it’s the only way you can actually get anything done, mess up benefits and pay, and tech is completely unhelpful and doesn’t fix anything. Benefits a joke. HR completely useless at their job and can’t even submit paperwork correctly. Nothing done timely. They also assign way more cases than their max caseload and claim it’ll be reduced soon without that actually happening. They make it a nightmare for families to get anything they are meant to and staff talk mean things all their families behind their backs and don’t even let new people make their own relationship. They also violate several labor laws

4. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Pros and Cons

Jun 10, 2022 - Teacher in Dix Hills, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

They pay pretty well for teachers in a private programs. We get all regular school holidays and vacations and four weeks in the summer.

Cons

School is open on snow days because the program is residential.

HR Specialist of Recruitment and Retention

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback! We continue to advocate for additional funding through our partners , and provide generous total reward packages for our employees!

5. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Overworked and underpaid

Jun 29, 2022 - Counselor in Deer Park, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Coworkers, cheap health insurance, that’s about it

Cons

Everything else. Mandated shifts, hostile working environment, low pay

6. 2.0
    Current Employee

Okay

May 27, 2022 - Recruiter
    Business Outlook

Pros

It's a good place if you need flexibility.

Cons

Very hard to move up in the chain of command. Poor supervisors, under staffed and under paid.

HR Specialist of Recruitment and Retention

Thank you for providing feedback on our company. We always strive to provide a positive and inclusive environment for all who join our team, and we are sorry to hear that you did not have this experience. We will be providing your feedback to our HR department for further consideration, as we strive to provide an environment where employees feel they’re treated fairly and respected. Please feel free to reach out to your HR Specialist if you would like to discuss further and participate in an exit interview.

7. 3.0
    Current Employee

employed at SCO

May 24, 2022 - Clerical Support
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good medical and dental benefits. Earn a sick day and a vacation day each month.

Cons

Never any raises for employees.

HR Specialist of Recruitment and Retention

Thank you for your feedback! We continue to advocate for additional funding through our partners, and providing employees with competitive perks, and PTO package!

8. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Behavior Specialist

May 17, 2022 - Behavior Specialist in Sea Cliff, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible hours, good amount of PTO, ability to move within the company, access to professional development and trainings

Cons

Unorganized, some unprofessional coworkers, lack of support from management

HR Specialist of Recruitment and Retention

Thank you for your feedback! At SCO we are committed to employee advancement, and opportunities for growth. If you would like to provide more feedback about your experience, please reach out to our HR department directly.

9. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Awful Work Experience

May 18, 2022 - Foster Care Case Worker in Jamaica, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very friendly co-workers, people are willing to help each other out

Cons

-high amount of work -little support from supervisors and management -very little appreciation for work/life balance -expected to work longer than expected -they take an hour off of your paycheck each day for lunch, but expect you to not take lunch off

HR Specialist of Recruitment and Retention

Thank you for your feedback. We dedicate ourselves to the highest standards of practice and performance, and strive to achieve excellence and professionalism in all we do. It is our expectation that our staff hold themselves to these standards as well. If you would like to provide more feedback about your experience, please reach out to our HR department directly.

10. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Average Experience

Apr 11, 2022 - Human Resources Administrative Assistant in Glen Cove, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Teams work well together Friendly staff

Cons

Poor top down management Pay inequity

HR Specialist of Recruitment and Retention

Thank you for your feedback! We believe strongly in providing employees with autonomy and independence, in their roles, while having an open door policy and frequent communication. We continue to advocate for additional funding through our partners.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 309 Reviews

SCO Family of Services Reviews FAQs

SCO Family of Services has an overall rating of 3.1 out of 5, based on over 318 reviews left anonymously by employees. 62% of employees would recommend working at SCO Family of Services to a friend and 54% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 7% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, SCO Family of Services employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.2 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at SCO Family of Services. This rating has improved by 18% over the last 12 months.

62% of SCO Family of Services employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated SCO Family of Services 3.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.1 for culture and values and 2.9 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at SCO Family of Services to be career development, coworkers, benefits and the cons to be senior leadership, culture, management.

Popular Careers with SCO Family of Services Job Seekers