SCS Global Services Reviews | Glassdoor

1. Featured Review

"Rare employment opportunity"

Current Employee - Director in Emeryville, CA
    Current Employee - Director in Emeryville, CA

I have been working at SCS Global Services full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Meaningful work with smart and fun colleagues from a diversity of backgrounds. Growing company with opportunities for advancement. Great location with gorgeous a SF bay view and a near-by off-road path for lunchtime walks.

Cons

Small to medium sized company that's still growing and finding it's way. You have to be ready to work hard and be flexible as priorities change.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on professional development of staff to improve employee retention and to get the most out of your employees.

2. "Good Company and benefits, but departments very siloed"

I have been working at SCS Global Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

SCS has a generous 401k match (50% until federal maximum) and good commuter benefits and health insurance options.

This is a great company with friendly employeees and like-minded individuals.

Cons

Though everyone is nice, the office is pretty siloed. Certain departments have a better team mentality and functional directors anf management, while others may lack this. One's experience working here is drastically dependent on what team/department you work in.

Advice to Management

The company tries to put on socials and events that get the whole office together, but I think they need to cultivate actually working together cross-departmentally. The HR team is so great though. Very friendly and helpful, and defintiely trying to cultivate a more company-wide team mentality!

3. "Program Associate"

I worked at SCS Global Services full-time

Pros

Excellent people- SCS hires very bright and kind people who typically have some exposure or experience traveling/working globally.

Work with a purpose- at least for me, I felt very satisfied coming into the office each and everyday to work towards a mission. I think people are genuinely motivated by the impact of the work.

Cons

The pay, the pay the pay. It's hard to live in the Bay Area on the salaries provided.

Upward mobility can be limited and ad-hoc.

Advice to Management

Provide leadership training to managers, improve salaries, and invest more in professional development for all.

"Strange Combination or Micromanagement and Deflection"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

I have been working at SCS Global Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good employees, who really give it their all. Strong ecologically conscious work environment.

Cons

Supervisors and managers who don't appear to understand that employees are giving it their all, with this weird expectation of running a marathon at a dash speed. For-profit company that is run like a non-profit, including 'low-end-of-market' salaries.

5. "A great place to work!"

Current Employee - Account Coordinator in Emeryville, CA
    Current Employee - Account Coordinator in Emeryville, CA

I have been working at SCS Global Services full-time

Pros

The company's culture, the HR & Management teams, my department team, the views, the monthly massages, the celebrations, flexible work schedules....awesome!

Cons

More diversity is always encouraged

"Prefer not to state"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

I have been working at SCS Global Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

HR is the best I've ever experienced. I believe most employees truly are here for the right reasons and are passionate about sustainability and their contribution to it through SCS.

Cons

No clear established training plans, unorganized and chaotic.

Entirely too many large egos where there is no reason. Departments don't work together and when they do, there is usually darts flying. The company is growing rapidly, but not prepared for it. Unorganized and confused on which direction to concentrate on. Meeting are a mess with no clear direction and resembles mass chaos.

Advice to Management

Invest in professional development and team building.

7. "Manager"

Pros

Programs deal in many different sectors and industries which keeps it very interesting. Mission based work with colleagues who care. Decent benefits and basic workplace wellness programs in place. Relaxed professional office atmosphere. Decent enough pay. Opportunities for learning and mentorship.

Cons

Service areas are siloed, creating divisions in programs that otherwise could be more comprehensive and integral in scope. Company is lacking overall unified strategy for service, innovation, and branding and employees often caught between upper management conflicts. CEO shifts direction often, such that priorities not always clear. Traditional hierarchical employee structure and outdated office (central cubicles surrounded by the outer view offices) is uninspi

Advice to Management

Seek third party facilitation and leadership development to bring all of your genius, passion, persistence, and success into a very clear and unified strategy that would inspire your world class employees to build the most impactful organization possible, creating tremendous abundance while improving the state of the world for future generations.

8. "New Employee - Positive Experience"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

Pros

The HR team has been helpful, kind and informative; very positive on-boarding. The benefits are amazing.

The training process has gone smooth and the team has realistic expectations in regards to the learning process and job duties. Extremely positive training experience.

Cons

There are none that I have experienced.

9. "Good Company and nice working environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

Pros

I recently joined SCS and have really enjoyed working for this Company. The job interviews, hiring process, training and other job-related activities have been conducted in a very professional manner. Salary and benefits are very competitive and the HR department is very helpful in solving any issue or concern. Both of these, considerably better than in my previous Company. I have received great help and support from the HR department, co-workers and my superiors. And as a fairly new employee I see great opportunities for professional growth.

Cons

The choices in health care do not extend to all areas and can be limited for employees working remotely. However, the HR department is working on finding better options.

Advice to Management

Your efforts in helping new employees are much appreciated. Keep up the good work.

10. "Nice people and good benefits"

Pros

Recently hired at SCS and so far I feel supported by my team. Though there is a lot of department specific information to learn, I don't feel pressured to absorb everything at once. The office cares about comfort, you can request more ergonomic aids. There's a subsidized monthly massage, nice outdoor area to eat lunch, and your schedule is flexible---you can come in earlier and leave earlier or vice versa. I feel comfortable discussing things with my superiors.

Cons

I think that cons depend on which department and program you work under. Some teams are more open and friendly than others. I don't really interact with many people outside of my program. The cubicle set up can be a bit depressing, there are some changes you can make to improve it, but the walls are still quite high.

SCS Global Services Response

Oct 7, 2016 – Human Resources Director

Thank you for your review! As the new Human Resource Director, I am working on improvements at SCS and your feedback helps me address the issues our employees have straightaway. We are currently... More