SDI International Reviews | Glassdoor

SDI International Reviews

Updated March 7, 2017

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Carmen Castillo

1. "Senior Graphic Designer"

Former Employee - Senior Graphic Designer Contracting in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - Senior Graphic Designer Contracting in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at SDI International (More than 3 years)

Pros

I had no problems working with them.

Cons

Contract was short so I am not the best to give any cons.

"Analyst"

Former Contractor - Data Architect in Morrisville, NC
    Former Contractor - Data Architect in Morrisville, NC

I worked at SDI International as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Really not many good things I can say about SDI other then I got paid on-time, sometimes..

Cons

The experience of working as a contractor for SDI was unbelievably bad. They just didn’t care about the important things, like getting paid on-time. This happened on a weekly basis. Multiple times they screwed this up, and usually I didn’t get paid until the next pay period. The benefits package was terrible too, I picked up Obama care because it was cheaper and better coverage.

Advice to Management

You can't get any worse and you clearly do not care about improvement. Keep up the terrible job!!

3. "Great help"

Former Employee - Business Partner Solution Sales Representative Consultant in Marietta, GA

I worked at SDI International (More than a year)

Pros

They keep you at the top of their list when out in the field talking to prospective employers, even without asking them,

Cons

They have more IT technical knowledge than most companies so the do a good job of screening the leads that come your way

5. "Working At SDI"

Former Employee - Technical Communicator in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Technical Communicator in Houston, TX

I worked at SDI International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay, solid work, fun crowd. Supportive. Gave good training.

Cons

A little cloudy on the mission, not very transparent. But nice enough day to day. Apparently your position can be tied to the market as mine was.

Advice to Management

I had goals and somehow I did not get a chance to implement them, or they were derailed or ignored/canceled?

6. "A very good company to work for"

Former Employee - Accounting Clerk in Carol Stream, IL
    Former Employee - Accounting Clerk in Carol Stream, IL

I worked at SDI International full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good salaries and training for this company

Cons

No cons to add for this company

7. "CT Accounting Analysis"

Former Contractor - Accounting in Stamford, CT
    Former Contractor - Accounting in Stamford, CT

I worked at SDI International as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

I was placed with an organization where I was able to develop my accounting skills in a different field. (from non profit to manufacturing). I not owning did I took my soft skill but I took my hard skills into this new field and learned more skills and software.

Cons

The competivitness and office culture was not what I expected. It took me a few weeks to adapt to the culture but I had the opportunity and met some nice people within the new environment that help me and clue me in some of their ways.

Advice to Management

It would have been nice if the company would have hire the temporary staff if they are there for more than 6 mos. I was there 4 yrs. while they went and hire from out of the company, though I and other temps were doing most of the activities these new hires came to do.

8. "A Great Recruiting Company, with a very engaging and conducive work culture"

Current Contractor - Senior Business Analyst in Austin, TX
    Current Contractor - Senior Business Analyst in Austin, TX

I have been working at SDI International as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

The recruiters are very skilled, and prompt. They keep the communication open and keep engaging. They ensure the follow-up with you at every step of the way through the successful placement. I not even once had to contact them with any issue or trouble. Very timely in payments. No surprises at all.

Cons

Nothing out of the ordinary to point out.

Advice to Management

Good consultants are hard to find and to retain. After a consulting engagement is over, always try and make sure to reengage the consultant with any possible quick opportunity. They become your ambassadors.

9. "Design Engineer"

Pros

It is a job. Typical contract house where the benefit is you get a paycheck.

Cons

No benefits of any kind. But typical of contract work

10. "Consultant"

Current Contractor - IT Consultant
    Current Contractor - IT Consultant

I have been working at SDI International as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Great Weekly pay structure, staff is responsive and will reply to any questions/ concerns promptly

Cons

Just another staffing firm, no benefits, they take the cut of your hourly rate and that is when they stop.

Advice to Management

Transform your business to something which is employee focused and not a body shop. Trust me, we will always come back to you with more business