SDL Marketing Reviews | Glassdoor

Adolfo Hernandez

"Field Marketing"

Current Employee - Field Marketing Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at SDL full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I absolutely love working at SDL and my job. When I started at SDL, I was in a completely different position. If you work hard and believe in the company, SDL will work with you to find your place. It is a fast paced environment, and don’t be afraid to ask questions. I am continually learning and working with people all around the world.

Cons

If you don't like change, SDL probably isn't a great fit.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

SDL2018-10-19

October 22, 2018Executive Team

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. We appreciate your feedback and definitely agree that SDL supports development and change in role and we promote internal moves to get the right fit. We're happy to hear you, like many others are enjoying your career at SDL.

"Frequent Re-orgs, don't expect job security"

Former Employee - Marketing Manager in San Jose, CA

I worked at SDL full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great internal tools on company intranet; minimal paperwork, everything online; above average products

Cons

Developers frequently slip schedule; stated company direction changes radically on annual basis; SDL used to be overly extravagant on fly-in company meetings

Advice to Management

user surveys to determine "other skills" and industrial experience that employees have to offer; don't stray too far from your core products

SDL2018-03-02

"Stay far away, troubled company with no soul"

Former Employee - Marketing in Wakefield, MA

I worked at SDL full-time for more than a year

Pros

Global company with no cost controls, so easy to see the globe with almost no approval necessary.

Cons

Revolving door due to poor management, no vision, no strategy, confused product portfolio, no technology vision

Advice to Management

Well since you just changed it again, perhaps find a path and stay on it more than 9 months at a time. Don't hire people away from stable positions when you plan to lay them off a year or two later. This is a continued public pattern and has been for years. Maybe just break up company and sell off the pieces asap.

SDL2015-12-29

"A truly global company with solid vision and flexible working environments"

Current Employee - Senior Director Marketing in Denver, CO

I have been working at SDL full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Work-life balance,flexibility, people, vision, values, leadership, culture, medical benefits, salary/promotions

Cons

internal communications, professional development, review process

SDL2015-02-12

July 13, 2015Chief Marketing Officer

Thanks so much for your review. I'm glad to hear that you are finding good work-life balance, vision, and leadership -- and I'm also happy to take a few things to work on in terms of internal comms and professional development!! Always glad to see what we need to focus on to improve ...

5. "Strong Culture, Management Team, and Poised for Successful Growth"

Current Employee - Marketing in Boston, MA

I have been working at SDL

Pros

Company has gone through a significant restructuring since founder and CEO Mark Lancaster came back about two years ago. Significant number of high calibre new hires, strong CXM strategy, very energetic and passionate culture, and after a tough 2013, the company is back to strong, profitable growth coming off 2014. Really and exciting time to be at the company. Company is a good size -- not too small, but not too big.

Cons

fast pace can be tiring at times, but mostly exciting.

Advice to Management

Keep the positive momentum going forward, and continue to communicate about new strategy and vision.

SDL2015-01-23

July 13, 2015Chief Marketing Officer

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences. I'm glad to hear the strength of the CX vision is coming through to our employees and that the positive changes are shining through.

"Joined a company I think is positioned for big growth."

Current Employee - Marketing in Wakefield, MA

I have been working at SDL full-time for less than a year

Pros

All the basics are here - good pay, good people, good benefits, etc. But you can find that in a lot of places. What I really like is where we are positioned in the marketplace and the opportunity in front of us. SDL has great products with strong competitive advantage - and they are getting better with integration. Management understands the challenges and opportunities in front of us and I see their actions backing up...

Cons

This company has been through a lot of change in the past 18 months (some of it very tough for the people here - as a reader of these reviews has probably seen). And there are still things that need to be fixed and some people who carry some baggage from past experiences - and they likely have good reasons to. But so far I haven't seen any of that get in the way of us moving forward.

Advice to Management

Believe in your Vision and Strategy and keep investing in the people that will make it happen.

SDL2014-05-23

July 13, 2015Chief Marketing Officer

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on SDL less than one year in. I appreciate your comments on our strong positioning and competitive advantage, and also your candid feedback on bringing our longer tenured employees through the positive changes at SDL. Definitely ...

"Fantastic time but dead-end street"

Former Employee - VP, Marketing in Maidenhead, England

I worked at SDL for more than 3 years

Pros

Good people, it had thought leadership and was an early mover in customer expeirence

Cons

The company never closed the gap between translation and customer experience. A lot of resistance to change.

Advice to Management

Not a lot, it's doing the things that need to be done now.

SDL2017-01-18
  8. "Field Marketing Manager"

Current Employee - Marketing in Maidenhead, England

I have been working at SDL full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

SDL has a welcoming and friendly environment , since starting in my team I have found that this is not only the case in the UK but on a global scale, it is a fast moving business yet it manages to balance this with flexibility towards its employees. I find that the internal communications (newsletters, company updates and social elements) brings you a step closer to your colleagues and their roles. Very family friendly...

Cons

Business does change quickly as in structures and direction so you find sometimes it is hard to keep up with it all.

Advice to Management

Continue to build on your middle management structure and to promote positions and new teams to internal staff before looking to recruit externally as there are many of us carrying many talents that should be considered for career progression

SDL2015-02-12

July 13, 2015Chief Marketing Officer

Thank you for this review. I'm so glad to hear that you are having a good experience working in marketing and at SDL overall -- and I really appreciate and take to heart the advice to look to build on the skills of middle management. We do indeed have many talented managers!

9. "Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Marketing in London, England

I have been working at SDL full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Very international, fast moving, feel ownership, friendly, very nice people. Good facility, now much better holiday allowance, BUPA healthcare. Management is approachable in general.

Cons

Relatively hard work, not a lot of flexible working. Nonetheless I have not had to work week-ends or expected to answer calls on Saturdays and Sundays.

SDL2015-01-15

July 13, 2015Chief Marketing Officer

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I appreciate your positive comments on our global business and approachable management. This has been a big focus for us. I'm also glad to see some suggestions around flexible working. Always looking for feedback to improve!

Found 6 reviews