SECURUS Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.9
Rick Smith

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • SECURUS provides a very professional work environment with great pay and bonus structure (in 11 reviews)

• Securus provides a great work/life balance for my position that I greatly appreciate (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Work from home options are costly (in 6 reviews)

• Upper management would prefer employees work at least 10 free extra hours a week just so they can beat you down a little bit more (in 10 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Excellent Company to Work For"

Current Employee - Management in Carrollton, TX
    Current Employee - Management in Carrollton, TX

I have been working at SECURUS Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

SECURUS provides a very professional work environment with great pay and bonus structure. The services provided bring families the ability to stay in touch during very difficult times. Management is very available to all associates within the company and provide a very harmonious work environment for staff. The culture is one of promoting strong work/life balance, community outreach, and the opportunity to grow within the organization when skills are proven.

Cons

I have no negative comments. It's a great organization to work for.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

Aug 14, 2017

We certainly appreciate your commitment to the organization.

2. "Very easy to deal with."

I have been working at SECURUS Technologies full-time

Pros

Upper management is easy to get along with. CFO takes his role seriously as a boss who actually cares about his employees. He understands the job can be frustrating at times, but when you have a boss like his the job seems effortless.

Cons

You can get slammed with being busy, makes time go by quickly.

3. "Awesome company to work for."

I have been working at SECURUS Technologies full-time

Pros

Work atmosphere is friendly. We work together to get the job done. Non adversarial environment and pay is very fair. The CEO is very fair, wonderful to work for and incredibly understanding.

Cons

None, I'm happy to have found this employment.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great job!

Aug 14, 2017

I know that Mr. Smith is very proud of all of the Securus Associates. Thank you for your feedback. The organization is happy to have you with us!

4. "Too bad I had to leave."

I worked at SECURUS Technologies full-time

Pros

Boss doesn't breathe down your back, employees mind their business. The people who work here are rather helpful and work together as a team. I wish I could have stayed since the pay is very reasonable and fair.

Cons

Nothing. I had to leave due to medical illness in my family that needed my full time attention.

Aug 14, 2017

Our thoughts are with you and your family at this time.

5. "Helping people keep communications."

I have been working at SECURUS Technologies full-time

Pros

A fulfilling job helping people keep in contact with each other. The work environment is fast paced and rather busy. Time goes by quickly.

Cons

Fast paced environment that requires fast paced thinking.

Aug 14, 2017

As our Mission Statements say, "We exist to serve and connect to make our world safe." So glad you take pride in your work and our mission.

6. ""Innovative Organization""

Current Employee - Project Engineer in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Project Engineer in Dallas, TX

I have been working at SECURUS Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Exposure to multiple projects .

Cons

The company is always bouncing around on different contracts.

Advice to Management

Continue to strive for innovation and portfolio development.

7. "Decent workplace"

I have been working at SECURUS Technologies full-time

Pros

Good management, approachable people at all levels

Cons

There is no flexibility what so ever

Advice to Management

Please add flex time for employees or WFH option when needed. And also improve benefits program.

8. "An Educational Experience"

I worked at SECURUS Technologies full-time

Pros

I worked at SECURUS Technologies for about 2 years. It's not a long time for one's career, I had my reason to leave but if I had choice, I would to stay.
    For such 2 years experience, I gotta say that it's quite educational, I mean it's not because I don't know what to do or how to do, it's just the team there worked together and showed me what does team-work really means. I used to work like lone wolf. But there, you may survive working as lone wolf but to reach up to a new level, must be a team-work. They showed me and helped to understand how important it was and leveled me up with them. My prospective totally changed in past 2 years. I believe even I left there, but the experience is no doubt to be a long term effect that could benefit me as long as it needs to be

Cons

I'm not sure if have too much to share on this section. There is always some tasks are not easy, and not all people you work together could be same pace or to cooperate together. But at least for 2 years I spent there, I don't think I met people really mean on me.

Advice to Management

If really need to put something here, I'd say if could have a better coffee machine, that would be great. (They might have done it after I left........)

"Not for everyone"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Carrollton, TX
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Carrollton, TX

I worked at SECURUS Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Comp structure and bonus potential is large. Ability to see places and travel if you enjoy that.

Cons

Amount of time to receive your bonus from the time you close the deal. Travel requirements. Lots of turnover internally. Customer base is law/corrections enforcement; jails, prisons, etc...

Advice to Management

Don't manage to travel metrics. Get out with employees to offer hands on training, many new employees are thrown out into the field with little training

"Big Brother is Watching!"

Former Employee - Regional Account Manager in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Regional Account Manager in Plano, TX

I worked at SECURUS Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good base salary at $90-$100K, Decent Benefits, Nice New Office

Cons

70-80% Travel, which is heavily monitored, Management has MAJOR trust issues, and will monitor your whereabouts using a GPS on your company issued cell phone, that will be coupled with an app you'll be forced to use to track your every move (when are you traveling, when are you in the office, when do your appointments start and when do they end) and if the GPS and your activity log don't jive, then you are in trouble! Failed to pay out bonuses on a timely manner, failed to live up to stated expectations with regard to ability to earn commissions. Too much emphasis on retaining customers, and renegotiating contracts to fit FCC law suits then actually selling products and services.

Advice to Management

Had you been truthful about what the job was really all about, and the way you manage your sales staff, I would have never taken the job in the first place. Learn to trust your employees and stop treating them like inmates, and they'll stick around, rather than fight the constant employee turnover battle you have today