SECURUS Technologies "family members" Reviews | Glassdoor

SECURUS Technologies Employee Reviews about "family members"

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Interesting"

I worked at SECURUS Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some of the management were very friendly, and the benefits were decent

Cons

Very stressful... you are speaking with the family members of inmates that are very upset as it is, this company doesn't make things any better. They are providing phone service for the family members to connect with inmates but at times make it very difficult.

Advice to Management

Be more considerate of your employees. While some of them are under your "standards" remember everyone comes from a different upbringing and deserves to be treated equally regardless of their appearance.

"Work here only if you have no other choice"

I worked at SECURUS Technologies full-time

Pros

It's a job. If you have a pulse, you meet the first qualification. The environment can be fun and challenging at times.

The CEO has made some good decisions regarding how to grow the company compared to others in the industry...meaning the other major players acquire the competition to gain market share. Securus actually is smart and acquires companies that complement their inmate phone system and offer more and better services to their customers.

But please DO NOT take that statement as an endorsement of him. Even a blind squirrel sometimes finds an acorn.

Benefits are marginal at best though fairly in line with many other companies.

They have a parking garage that's free. They make popcorn for everyone on Fridays.

I will say many of the people are among the best at what they do and are great to work with. Some not so much, but the good ones are really good. They care and are a reason to show up every day.

Cons

Cons far outweigh the pros.

Don't be duped by the many positive reviews you see here. The CEO told employees he wanted them to put good reviews of the company out there so Securus would look good...wonder if that means the venture capitalist group is trying to sell them again and cash in? Hmmmmm...

Health benefits get more expensive each year, services erode and deductibles go up more than the meager raises they grace employees with, when they hand them out. They justify not giving raises by paying bonuses on a quarterly basis. But the bonuses can be a joke...I had some that wouldn't pay for my electric bill! Plus, they hold back 20% of every bonus so they don't accidentally pay too much. You can't have employees making too much money or them might actually think they're worth something.

You will see nepotism cited in many reviews. Family members of higher executives get the best salaries and positions regardless of qualifications. Plus, sleeping with executives never hurts, either, if you want to get ahead (ahem).

Work levels can be ridiculous. Upper management would prefer employees work at least 10 free extra hours a week just so they can beat you down a little bit more.

From a business perspective, the FCC is cracking down on the industry as a whole and will inflict some serious damage to revenues and margins, which means bonuses will dry up and that extra quarterly bump will become a kick in the butt.

While the CEO has made some good business decisions, he really can't be endorsed because he's a snake and pretty much all other employee policies stick it to employees. If you want to work from home you can, for 2% of your pay per day. He believes that people who work from home screw off all day doing laundry, laying video games and watching TV. Never mind if you get your work done, that's immaterial. This is perhaps the most employee punitive company I've ever seen. Management by intimidation describes Securus well.

And if you travel, except for airfare expect to foot the bill for all meals, hotels and car rentals until they reimburse you once a month. You are the company's kitty until they repay you!

I know I'm forgetting lots of things, but you have a pretty honest, broad stroke of Securus. Work here only if you have no choice or your other choices pay worse than her, though that is hard to imagine. When I started there...I was laid off from my previous company along with a slew of other people and out of permanent work for nearly 2 years...I took about a $20k salary hit and had to leave to get back to where I was previously.

"Supervisors Over Everything!"

Former Employee - Customer Service Level I in Carrollton, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service Level I in Carrollton, TX

Pros

Contract workers have 3 days the can schedule time off without being penalized for it.

Cons

Irate Customers (Called a B every 3rd call)
    Back to Back calls from irate customers.
    Supervisors discuss employees personal life to other employees.
    No cellphones on desk & No emergency number to give family members or children.
    Only time you can go to restroom is on breaks and lunches (sorry ladies who minces heavily)
    Takes the word of the supervisor, even if it is a lie.
    A lot of ghetto ratchet employees.
    Low wages. $10/hr first 90 days.
    Securus treats their employees like inmates.... literately!

Advice to Management

LISTEN TO YOUR EMPLOYEES BEFORE YOU FIRE THEM.... SUPERVISORS LIE!