SECURUS Technologies "growing company" Reviews | Glassdoor

SECURUS Technologies Employee Reviews about "growing company"

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "GREAT sales team & leadership"

Current Employee - Senior Education & Learning Instructor in Carrollton, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Education & Learning Instructor in Carrollton, TX

I have been working at SECURUS Technologies full-time

Pros

This is one of the most professional, organized, goal oriented and purpose driven sales teams that I have supported as a Sales Trainer. We are led by a great Senior VP of Sales who has a great understanding for a sales platform as well as what is required for the organization to run as a whole. He is extremely driven, yet respectful and coaches the sales leadership team as well as the sales reps from his experience to strive for our best! The sales reps, though not in the office often, are always polite and willing to help. This is a growing company with great opportunities and I would highly recommend looking at becoming a Securus Associate.

Cons

I do not have any at this time.

2. "doing good work"

I worked at SECURUS Technologies part-time

Pros

bringing families together, easy work in customer service, flexible hours, feel good about what you're doing, technology is pretty facinating and constantly updating as it should, laid back environment, still a growing company after 30 years, feel as though you can grow with company, impressive leadership, great pay for those working in customer service with the ability to work hard, learn a lot and move up if performance is adequate, build necessary skills to perform job in professional manner, always felt good about what I was doing, friendly coworkers, pretty good benefits, relaxed and laid back atmosphere

Cons

not really any major cons but no overtime allowed, customers (callers) can be tough at times but patience and understanding goes a long way

Advice to Management

keep politics out of hiring and management

"Customer service"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Carrollton, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Carrollton, TX

I worked at SECURUS Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours, casual attire, growing company

Cons

Politics involving management, revolving door with csr's

"Fair and balanced review"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at SECURUS Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

bonus paid out consistantly, there are good people working in different roles who care. Growing company so there should be opportunities.

Cons

The CEO asked for feedback, so here it is. His children are employed here and promoted quickly. There are strong suggestions about how to get ahead, being friendly with one of his sons. There is an old boys network. All employees need training on how to deal with minorities and bias. Quit focusing on bonus and just increase pay for cost of living- annual raises don't cover increasing cost of medical plan (which is terrible). Fire people who have been around forever and don't perform, it's hurting everyone when folks are employed who shouldn't be. Stop mandating a donation to charity and blacklisting people who don't participate, that is illegal and immoral.

Advice to Management

Clean house beginning with family. Start bias training immediatly and if the old boys network can't handle change than clean house. The company is being run like it's 1985 and it's a small family business.

5. "associate"

Pros

Securus Technology Inc. is a great place to work. I work in the call center. It has been easy for me to learn and grow with Securus Technology Inc. They have very defined goals, and excellent knowledge base tools to get your job done. They have a buyback program that can take one attendance occurrence off it you have 30 days of good attendance. They have a relaxed dress code that allows jeans every day. The supervisors are committed to making sure you succeed as well. I wouldn’t work anywhere else. If you do customer service for a living the calls are the same you just have a new product. Although the calls are very different it is not only a challenge but a pleasure to assist our customers with their needs.

Securus Technology Inc. is a fast growing company that generates a need for new leaders and employees. I feel like I really make a difference every day.

Cons

The Securus Customer Service building is a long way from where I currently live. With current Traffic on Highway 635 and the Toll way there is often a traffic jam that means I have to leave earlier to allow for possible problems during the way.

6. "Proposal Manager"

Current Employee - Proposal Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Proposal Manager in Dallas, TX

Pros

Solid company with a purpose in the business world that is supplying an industry that doesn't fluctuate very much. The company respects experience in each position and apparently has very few turnovers. It is a growing company that is acquiring other companies that expand the companies own line of communication products. The goal of the company seems to be the most advanced technological company in the correctional facility communications industry and public safety software industry. Once employed here, your job seems rather secure as long as you perform your job well, so no unexplained layoffs.

Cons

While the pay is decent, similar positions in other industries or companies tend to be higher. If the company does well each quarter, then all the full time employees get a moderate quarterly bonus (again, slightly higher in other industries).

Advice to Management

Need a lot more solutions architects to tie the various products together to create a superior suite.

7. "Great Company who's looking to promote great talent!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at SECURUS Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Securus is a very stable, growing company. Acquiring companies so that we can provide addition products to our customers. An awesome perk is that Securus has paid out bonus payments every quarter for over 6 years! It's an all-for-1; 1-for-all company. If the associates don't receive their bonuses, neither does the Executive team. Securus has also increased its' internal promotions by 51% from 2012 to 2013!!! Lots of Career Pathing Opportunities!

Cons

The rapid growth pace would be a con to some degree. Securus is additioning additional resources to make up for the added workloads.

Advice to Management

Thank you for the recognition programs, monthly associate events, fun emails, and for supporting the associates.

SECURUS Technologies Response

Mar 6, 2014 – Recruiting Supervisor

Thank you for the kind words about Securus. We have focused on increasing associate morale by adding recognition programs, creating an internal interview process, additional training opportunities... More