SECURUS Technologies "work environment" Reviews | Glassdoor

SECURUS Technologies Employee Reviews about "work environment"

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Excellent workplace with good opportunities"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carrollton, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carrollton, TX

I have been working at SECURUS Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A fulfilling job with good exposure so you get to learn a lot. The work environment and culture is great. When you work for Securus, there is work-life balance, which is most important. The leadership is great to work with. The pay at Securus is also good and you get to travel a lot. There is a lot of room for growth. The company is always looking to promote talent.

Cons

None. I think the overall company is great to work for

2. "Helping people keep communications."

I have been working at SECURUS Technologies full-time

Pros

A fulfilling job helping people keep in contact with each other. The work environment is fast paced and rather busy. Time goes by quickly.

Cons

Fast paced environment that requires fast paced thinking.

SECURUS Technologies Response

Aug 14, 2017

As our Mission Statements say, "We exist to serve and connect to make our world safe." So glad you take pride in your work and our mission.

3. "Great Job and Location"

I worked at SECURUS Technologies full-time

Pros

Great work environment and people

Cons

Low pay, not to industry standard

4. Featured Review

"Excellent Company to Work For"

Current Employee - Management in Carrollton, TX
    Current Employee - Management in Carrollton, TX

I have been working at SECURUS Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

SECURUS provides a very professional work environment with great pay and bonus structure. The services provided bring families the ability to stay in touch during very difficult times. Management is very available to all associates within the company and provide a very harmonious work environment for staff. The culture is one of promoting strong work/life balance, community outreach, and the opportunity to grow within the organization when skills are proven.

Cons

I have no negative comments. It's a great organization to work for.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

SECURUS Technologies Response

Aug 14, 2017

We certainly appreciate your commitment to the organization.

"GOOD BUT CAN BE BETTER"

I have been working at SECURUS Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good work environment, nice and friendly people, everyone is willing to help others that ask for it.

Cons

The system they have going on is not the best. Training needs to be done better but they have a good start. there is a lot to remember in this business but its not impossible. I am looking to see how far I can go in this business....i think they should do more to show their employees that growth from within is possible.

"Good learning Experience"

I have been working at SECURUS Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible work environment, no micromanaging, the people are generally easy to work for and no one hounds you on your weekends to produce work. They do have high expectations of their employees but that's generally anywhere. It's a great place to grow and learn and if the opportunity arises to move up, hopefully you can.

Cons

No comp time when traveling on the weekends or late nights. You have to pay 2% of your salary to work from home while other companies offer this as a benefit.

7. "Sr. Project Manager in EPMO"

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at SECURUS Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

As a 22+ year industry veteran working for much smaller companies, I joined Securus just under 3 years ago excited to work for an market leader with solid technology.
    While I have had to adjust to a complany of this size, I have grown to appreciate executing to a plan versus wild reactions to changes in the marketplace.
    Securus provides a great work/life balance for my position that I greatly appreciate. Additionally, there are ample training, education, and advancement opportunities. Combined with a generous bonus structure that has paid routinely and a competitive salary, Securus is a solid work environment.

Cons

Lack of a cohesive product strategy.

Advice to Management

More visible internal leadership from the V and C level.

8. "High Tech Company in a (Perceived) Low Tech Industry"

Current Employee - General Manager in Melbourne, FL
    Current Employee - General Manager in Melbourne, FL

I have been working at SECURUS Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Securus provides high-value products in an challenging industry (corrections). They are willing to spend millions of IR&D money annually to provide the highest level of technologies to assist law enforcement. The work environment encourages creativity at all levels of employees and recognizes those that excel at their job. I have been with the organization for over 3 years with over 30 years of corporate experience and have found that the Securus leadership does an excellent job balancing building equity for the company investors while acknowledging the importance of highly trained and motivated employees.

Cons

As a prospective employee looking for a job, the corrections industry/market would seem to be a non-progressive place to work. Securus needs to do a better job of communicating that the company is involved in cutting-edge technologies that would interest any prospective employee