SECURUS Technologies "work life balance" Reviews | Glassdoor

SECURUS Technologies Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Excellent workplace with good opportunities"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carrollton, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carrollton, TX

I have been working at SECURUS Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A fulfilling job with good exposure so you get to learn a lot. The work environment and culture is great. When you work for Securus, there is work-life balance, which is most important. The leadership is great to work with. The pay at Securus is also good and you get to travel a lot. There is a lot of room for growth. The company is always looking to promote talent.

Cons

None. I think the overall company is great to work for

2. Featured Review

"Excellent Company to Work For"

Current Employee - Management in Carrollton, TX
    Current Employee - Management in Carrollton, TX

I have been working at SECURUS Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

SECURUS provides a very professional work environment with great pay and bonus structure. The services provided bring families the ability to stay in touch during very difficult times. Management is very available to all associates within the company and provide a very harmonious work environment for staff. The culture is one of promoting strong work/life balance, community outreach, and the opportunity to grow within the organization when skills are proven.

Cons

I have no negative comments. It's a great organization to work for.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

SECURUS Technologies Response

Aug 14, 2017

We certainly appreciate your commitment to the organization.

"Marketing & Sales"

I worked at SECURUS Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Managers flexible & respect your work/life balance
    Was an OK entry-level opportunity at the time
    Some great people who work there
    Interesting industry

Cons

Lack of advancement opportunities
    Manager does not provide good feedback and often absent
    Lack of interesting projects
    Poor pay

4. "Sr. Project Manager in EPMO"

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at SECURUS Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

As a 22+ year industry veteran working for much smaller companies, I joined Securus just under 3 years ago excited to work for an market leader with solid technology.
    While I have had to adjust to a complany of this size, I have grown to appreciate executing to a plan versus wild reactions to changes in the marketplace.
    Securus provides a great work/life balance for my position that I greatly appreciate. Additionally, there are ample training, education, and advancement opportunities. Combined with a generous bonus structure that has paid routinely and a competitive salary, Securus is a solid work environment.

Cons

Lack of a cohesive product strategy.

Advice to Management

More visible internal leadership from the V and C level.

"dont work here"

Former Employee - Supervisor in Carrollton, TX
    Former Employee - Supervisor in Carrollton, TX

I worked at SECURUS Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

most people are nice, work-life balance pretty good, free parking, bonus paid to all salaried employees

Cons

nepotism at its highest, company does not value integrity, doesnt' even know the meaning of "value", must pay to telecommute (if allowed), low pay, extremely high benefit costs, no raises-just cost of living adjustments even though they raise benefit costs after you get a 2% "merit increase", what a joke, executives live in their offices, HR people have conflicts of interest, VPHR lacks ethics and delegates everything, payroll supervisor is mean and rude and treats people very poorly with many complaints yet no one does anything, call center "tied" to desk and can't use bathroom unless on scheduled break, supervisors and managers MUST donate to United Way or be fired/demoted, good ole boys club, CEO will ask if you are a republican, if you get promoted you will most likely not be paid minimum of salary range, excessive customer complaints, little to no training for managers, performance reviews are subjective and don't follow instructions, the positive review on here was written and responded by the same person, i could go on and on, dont say you were not warned

Advice to Management

get rid of everyone in human resources and payroll and start over, create and require management training, especially ethics, get out of your office and know who actually earns your bloated paycheck