SEG Promotions Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends

"Life Applicable Learning"

Current Employee - Campaigne Manager in Dunwoody, GA
    Current Employee - Campaigne Manager in Dunwoody, GA

I have been working at SEG Promotions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Every day we have our business school, and we not only learn about marketing but we also learn knowledge that we can apply in our every day lives or our dream job, using this as a major stepping stone to get there. So of your wanting to be your own boss and own your own business like myself, this is a major step in that direction. Learning how to manage and run a company, as well as your own team.

Cons

It's a very fast paced business. So missing one day of work is like missing a weeks in the corporate world, knowledge wise. Due to the potential rewards of Seg, it can be a little time consuming. So time management is essential, but to help with that, it is one of the things taught throughout the duration of this.

Advice to Management

Keep it up. You guys do an exceptional job.

"Don't do it"

Former Employee - Team Leader/Campaign Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Team Leader/Campaign Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at SEG Promotions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Besides the people being nice and it maybe being ok for a summer internship that is it. They prey on new college kids since they will hire anyone.

Cons

A lot, very low wage definitely not a lot to live on especially in the middle of Atlanta. You will work probably 60=80 hours a week while only getting paid for 30 or 40 hours

Advice to Management

find new management careers so that these pyramid schemes can finally be put to an end. The management is too smart to deal with this crappy high turnover rate job.

"THIS PLACE IS A SCAM/JOKE - STAY AWAY"

Former Employee - Sales Person in Dunwoody, GA
    Former Employee - Sales Person in Dunwoody, GA

Pros

They TRICKED you into thinking you are making improvements and "learning" and getting paid.

Cons

Everything about this place is a joke.

"Campaign Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dunwoody, GA

Pros

Postive morale, motivating workplace, great CEO

Cons

Misleading expectations, long hours and under paid (minimum wage)

Advice to Management

Be more clear about the expectations, provide more compensation/incentives

"Endless Opportunities"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dunwoody, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dunwoody, GA

Pros

This job is unlike any other I've had in the past. You determine your own success and growth within this company. This is not the typical 9 to 5 job. I haven't been here too long, but I've seen an immense growth in both my professional and personal life.

Cons

If you're not self-motivated, this is not for you.

"Seems like a Scam"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dunwoody, GA

I worked at SEG Promotions part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They do seem to care about each individual working for them. The only pro was the atmosphere each morning during the training session

Cons

the pay is terrible
    the hours are extremely inconsistent and they change them a lot
    the selling locations tend to be a tad further away than you'd expect
    only one day off for every 2 weeks
    lots of rules to abide by, make sure you are good at memorizing and saying/writing things verbatim, don't work here if not
    you are not allowed to wait in the lobby each morning
    you have to follow a script, verbatim again, when out selling, which actually includes facial expressions you have to make (no joke)
    they prey on college graduates and promise them big careers and loads of money, but once you start, you find yourself in a large group of people who were promised the same thing, that spells scam to me

Advice to Management

look at where people live versus your selling locations and assign based off of that

SEG Promotions Response

Jul 20, 2015 – Owner

SEG Promotions strives to provide valuable career opportunities to all that join our team. It is our intention to always act in the best interest of our team members and clients, as we instill an ... More

"Ridiculous"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dunwoody, GA

I worked at SEG Promotions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing coworkers. The training programs you learn are interesting and well thought out. If you need some help, no one hesitates to help you.

Cons

Ridiculous hours. Inconsistent pay the advice they give you contradicts everything else they've told you. You have to drive all over the place.

Advice to Management

Be more straightforward about the position. Keeping people in the dark actually helps no one. It actually makes things worse. Also the owner is inappropriate.

"Unmatched Training"

Former Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Atlanta, GA

Pros

This is the first time I have left work and actually felt like I learned something and that I was developing professionally.
    I've never worked with a company that invests so much effort, time, and attention to training their employees.

The team environment is definitely high energy and positive....its not a gloomy "work" environment that most of my peers complain about...People are definitely friendly and helpful.

I get paid daily to drive to the events...thats awesome!

I'm so thankful I found a training program for growth that does not involve ANY door to door sales, business to business, or cold calling.

Cons

We meet in the mornings for meetings at 8:45am. This is a typical time for work, so as long as you have some coffee, it's not too early for late-risers like myself.

It's definitely intensive training, so there is a lot of feedback and communication involved.

Advice to Management

The owner of this business is undeniably involved with every aspect of their business. It's definitely a "lead-by-example" company...He always show us how everything is being done instead of just tell me do it. I know that whatever I am going to learn...he fully understands what he's teaching and training.

They are very fair and make expectations and responsibilities very clear...with that said...I'll be promoted by the end of this week!

"Teaches you a lot about marketing techniques"

Current Employee - Executive Coordinator in Dunwoody, GA
    Current Employee - Executive Coordinator in Dunwoody, GA

Pros

the people are young, outgoing, energetic. The training process has very clear guidelines, great travel opportunities right from the start. compensation is good if you work at it and put the time and effort into it.

Cons

first week is very slow, you dont get very many hours. You have to invest some time outside of work to be able to succeed. The weekly schedule is inconvenient.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. compensation structure could be better for new guys, especially out to the events.

SEG Promotions Response

Mar 18, 2015 – Owner

Thank you for interviewing with our hiring team at SEG Promotions! We appreciate your time and feedback regarding the executive coordinator position. We understand your decision to pursue other ... More

"I got to travel several times throughout the year!"

Current Employee - Brand Ambassador in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Brand Ambassador in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at SEG Promotions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love traveling! I don't care if it is personal travel or for business; I really enjoy experiencing other places. This is one of the reasons that I love working at Showcase Event Group!

I have had the opportunity to experience several trips to Dallas, a week in Cabo San Lucas, and a week in Jamaica. I have never worked at any other company that facilities my ability to see the world. I feel really lucky to work at Showcase Event Group!

Cons

I have not experienced any cons while working at Showcase Event Group. From the interview process, to training, to my everyday work life, I have always known what is expected of me. The lines of communication are always open!

Advice to Management

Keep up the travel opportunities! Especially the ones that are a "thank you" to high performing employees! It is a great way to motivate people all year!