SEG Promotions Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.5
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Great company to start after Grad!"

I have been working at SEG Promotions full-time

Pros

fast-pace, very active, playing group game every friday, which is fun! But, be prepare if you want to win!

Cons

slow and unclear structure, have to work everyday, except Monday per every two weeks

2. "Same Job, Different Name"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dunwoody, GA

I worked at SEG Promotions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I don’t really know of any. You get base pay if you work all the days. It’s a great time filler.

Cons

This company went by another name while I was there. It was all very frustrating. It’s basically a scam for desperate college grads to join their team. They promise the high life you live after working very hard and promise quick advancement. After a month I could see this was a lie. All you do is get criticized from the time you get to the office, until you break down your day very late at night. It was basically a conversation about what you didn’t do right during the day. My trainer was very pushy, critical, and rude to me the entire time I was there. I later found out she had trouble keeping people on her team because they caught on and she never moved up. The whole time I was there I questioned myself and thought I just wasn’t getting it. Sometimes I cried. But now I know that if you aren’t gullible then you won’t. If you have a degree please stay away from this job.

Advice to Management

Stop lying to people. It wastes valuable time.

3. "Marketing Coordinator"

Former Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Dunwoody, GA
    Former Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Dunwoody, GA

I worked at SEG Promotions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You can put it on your resume and you learn standard marketing systems that work. You get to travel and have opportunities for bonus' and opening your own office eventually of you reach goals.

Cons

It's a pyramid scheme. You spend a lot in gas money and they make it seem like a legit marketing career when all you really do is sell possibly knock off products at Sam's Clubs and Costcos. The turn over rate is ridiculous and you have to drive to the office and show up from 8-10 a.m. to do "learning and teaching" of the systems. Then you drive to a location (another hour) and set up and sell and network of your sales aren't high enough, then drive back to the office to unload and then drive back home. You get paged commission but sometimes you just don't have the best product or foot traffic that day. Then you have to make your own team and recruit people by making it seem like this glamorous job which it is not. Also you work like 6 days a week no benefits and if you do sell enough to create your own team then you have to do way more work and get there even earlier for the same pay. I'm all for hard work and working your way up but your team eventually realizes it's a pyramid scheme and not worth it and then you have to hire more people and recruit them hoping one day you'll get enough to stay for your team. You are basically doing the managers job for him and not getting played enough for the hours and work that you put in.

Advice to Management

Be up front about your business and don't waste people's time. Maybe let them learn the systems on their own. So they aren't spending like 10 hours of the day working not including another 2 hours driving to locations and don't micromanage everything.

4. "Summer Intern"

Pros

Make commission
    Fun group outings
    Good group of people

Cons

Expect you to sell useless items and get mad when you don't
    Far travel and bad hours

"Don't do it"

Former Employee - Team Leader/Campaign Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Team Leader/Campaign Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at SEG Promotions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Besides the people being nice and it maybe being ok for a summer internship that is it. They prey on new college kids since they will hire anyone.

Cons

A lot, very low wage definitely not a lot to live on especially in the middle of Atlanta. You will work probably 60=80 hours a week while only getting paid for 30 or 40 hours

Advice to Management

find new management careers so that these pyramid schemes can finally be put to an end. The management is too smart to deal with this crappy high turnover rate job.

"THIS PLACE IS A SCAM/JOKE - STAY AWAY"

Former Employee - Sales Person in Dunwoody, GA
    Former Employee - Sales Person in Dunwoody, GA

Pros

They TRICKED you into thinking you are making improvements and "learning" and getting paid.

Cons

Everything about this place is a joke.

"Sales job- standing in a store for hours"

Pros

Nice people to work with. Different office setting.

Cons

Almost all. Long hours of standing inside Costco or sam's club selling products for 8-10 hours like the people in the middle of the mall. Pay isn't worth it. Work almost everyday- including weekends.

Advice to Management

Warn people what the job is before actually hiring them.

"Campaign Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dunwoody, GA

Pros

Postive morale, motivating workplace, great CEO

Cons

Misleading expectations, long hours and under paid (minimum wage)

Advice to Management

Be more clear about the expectations, provide more compensation/incentives

"Life Applicable Learning"

Current Employee - Campaigne Manager in Dunwoody, GA
    Current Employee - Campaigne Manager in Dunwoody, GA

I have been working at SEG Promotions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Every day we have our business school, and we not only learn about marketing but we also learn knowledge that we can apply in our every day lives or our dream job, using this as a major stepping stone to get there. So of your wanting to be your own boss and own your own business like myself, this is a major step in that direction. Learning how to manage and run a company, as well as your own team.

Cons

It's a very fast paced business. So missing one day of work is like missing a weeks in the corporate world, knowledge wise. Due to the potential rewards of Seg, it can be a little time consuming. So time management is essential, but to help with that, it is one of the things taught throughout the duration of this.

Advice to Management

Keep it up. You guys do an exceptional job.

"This job is great for young college grads who've never had experience working in a fast-paced, professional environment."

Pros

This company teaches the fundamentals of business structure to build entrepreneurs. Everything taught is accurate to further a mature business mindset. They challenge you daily to realize your potential and help you understand that your limitations are self-inflicted. Overall, fantastic principles of learning that you can utilize anywhere.

Cons

This job requires you to work 12 or more hours per day(daily morning meetings, 8+ hour shifts, and more). It is extremely demanding which isn't bad; however, the benefits are extremely minimal. It's your responsibility to use your personal vehicle to transport boxes of products, tables, and etc. You are provided a gas stipend but it only reimburses the cost of you leaving the office to travel to the work venue. If you have a luxury vehicle or SUV, its a huge load on your wallet. In addition, you're either paid minimum wage or commission, not both. I wouldn't recommend this job to anyone who pays all of their bills without help from mom and dad, or anyone who has costly bills to pay per month.