SEIU Healthcare NW Training Partnership Reviews | Glassdoor

3.7
SEIU Healthcare NW Training Partnership Executive Director Charissa Raynor
Charissa Raynor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Uplifting, impactful and one of the best places to work!"

Current Employee - Director, Customer Experience in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Director, Customer Experience in Seattle, WA

I have been working at SEIU Healthcare NW Training Partnership full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I absolutely love the mission and the work we are doing for working people in our state. The broad impact that this organization has made in delivering quality benefits is unmatched. The Benefits Group is full of smart, talented people with bold ideas, a great culture and overall an amazing place to work!

Cons

The Benefits Group does not have a lot of cons in my eyes. One thing that is a challenge is the velocity that this group works at! There is a lot going on all the time and never a dull moment. Sometimes this can be a challenge with competing priorities but it also keeps you engaged and busy!

Advice to Management

Continue pushing boundaries and setting a vision for the future!

"This is the most dynamic non-profit space I've ever worked at. Cutting edge approaches and great work/life balance."

Pros

Smart, energized coworkers combined with a superb leadership team. +++

Cons

It's a large complex organization that can take some time to learn your way around. Also there needs to be less junk food. I gained 10 pounds in my first 3 months!

Advice to Management

Keep pushing the boundaries and making the work fun. Pirate day was awesome!

3. "I get to go to work every day and do things that help people who are truly deserving of my best and find it inspiring."

Pros

The office is filled with smart, humble people who truly believe in the mission of the organization.
    The open office environment can be distracting but I think it makes the office more interesting. Imagine this, you walk into work and someone is talking about healthcare Geekery and then you move to the other side of the office and someone in tech is testing out some new application, then you walk over to the training area and you get to hear someone solving some issue for a home care aide trying to get training. I think that’s cool as hell. Plus I got to say that there has not been a single day where I left the office and said, well that was a waste of time, the work is meaningful.

Cons

Driving into Seattle is not fun.
    Too much fattening food around the office.
    It takes time for new folks to on board because there is so much stuff going on (but if your not a boring, drone and enjoy diversity in work that could be a pro)

Advice to Management

Continue to encourage people working remote.
    Continue to focus on innovation, but please be thoughtful.
    Keep the home care aides front and center in terms of your focus.
    Don’t be scared of failure, or scared to own up to failure

"Great people, great work, great compensation"

I have been working at SEIU Healthcare NW Training Partnership full-time

Pros

- Excellent compensation for a nonprofit. Amazing health benefits.
    - Important work that has a huge impact.
    - Culture of innovation, trial-and-error, and appreciation for new ideas.
    - Friendly work environment. HR works hard to have fun events that reduce siloing.

Cons

Open office layout is crowded and noisy, but flexible telecommuting helps. Staff at other, related organizations in the building seem demoralized and unhappy.

Advice to Management

Have Director be more visible in the organization. This would enhance feelings of trust and confidence among staff.

"Robot comments below are ridiculous"

I have been working at SEIU Healthcare NW Training Partnership full-time

Pros

Nobody has been fired by robot, that is utter nonsense. If you don't like something take responsibility for improving the situation. It is very fast-paced, so important to know how to set priorities and communicate when overloaded. Just recently there have been several promotions from within....it is hard work but there is opportunity here.

Cons

Difficulties arise when departments don't talk to each other. Makes me crazy.

"Make a difference"

I have been working at SEIU Healthcare NW Training Partnership full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Most people working here don't know how good they have it compared to working in the "for profit" sector. Mission-based goals working to improve the lives of home care aides is admirable and provides the passion to show up and do your best work. Work environment is fast-paced and leadership encourages a "start up" mentality. Which means one needs to be flexible, supportive and keep the big picture in mind. They encourage and expect collaboration between all groups. Its incumbent upon us to make it all happen. Thank you for being an employer that allows us to help define how we work and thank you for not being perfect.

Cons

- At times it feels as if employees expect the "company" to make them happy. The reality is that that responsibility resides within each of us. We are the company. If people don't like something, then lead the change to make it better. Posting a cowardly review on Glassdoor does nothing to improve culture or the problem.

Advice to Management

There are things that could be improved upon. Rolling out our values and continuing to refine our individual roles and framework will be helpful to continue to build an effective road map to success.

"Can't recommend"

I worked at SEIU Healthcare NW Training Partnership full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Depending on the position, work/life balance is possible.

Cons

Lack of financial sense and accountability.
    No acceptance for anyone who thinks outside the box or presents ideas contrary to the status quo.
    Overt favoritism.
    Open office design.
    Poor health and varied hygiene practices among staff resulting in constant employee illnesses.
    Many overly sensitive employees (Generation Snowflake).

Advice to Management

Act like a professional business, not an extension of a college.
    Treat funding like the gift it is, not as disposable money.

8. "Salesforce Tech Suport"

Current Employee - Salesforce Tech Support in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Salesforce Tech Support in Seattle, WA

Pros

As far a job go this isn't a bad place to work

Cons

Not all that thrilled about the office space.

"Fun and engaging workplace with an important mission"

I have been working at SEIU Healthcare NW Training Partnership full-time

Pros

Fabulous colleagues. We all have passion to achieve a common goal, and so many of us come fromm extremely interesting and diverse professional and personal backgrounds. We're a very cohesive and supportive team. Impressive representation of women, LGBTQIA folk, and POC at all levels.

The rapid growth experienced over the past few years makes it an environment of constant learning, change, and growth. This is very engaging, and there's no time to be bored or to feel like you're punching a clock. Salaries are high for the non-profit sector, and medical/personal/ transportation/ fitness/ cell phone benefits are above and beyond those offered by the most desirable companies in Seattle.

Cons

The rapid growth, change, and learning can be overwhelming at times.

The frequency in which donuts, candy, and lunch meeting leftovers appear is bad for the waistline, necessitating the fitness stipend.

Advice to Management

Provide fewer donuts. Or more donuts. Can't make up my mind on that one.

In all seriousness, Senior Leadership is awesome - communicative, visionary, and mission-focused.

"Socially impactful work, great people and benefits"

Pros

SEIU 775 Benefits Group (new company name) focuses on providing benefits and training to Home Care Aides in WA State. Mission-driven team, collaborative and highly intelligent and educated. Great benefits. Continually changing, fast paced environment with intriguing challenges, continual learning and positive impact.

Cons

Work hours can be extensive depending on position, despite focus on balance. Company strategy can be challenging to detect in determining direction focus and in moving pilots out the door to users as actual products. Lower NFP salaries however benefits package makes up the difference generously.

Advice to Management

Communicate company strategy and the vision you want to achieve across the organization often and collaboratively, help people understand the impact of their work and how they can personally contribute to HCA well-being through implementing what's being designed.

SEIU Healthcare NW Training Partnership Response

Nov 4, 2016 – Sr. Director

Thank you for your review and support for the mission of the SEIU 775 Benefits Group. We are proud of our staff compensation package and continue to focus on ways we can improve staff experience. In... More