SEIU Healthcare NW Training Partnership Reviews | Glassdoor

3.5
SEIU Healthcare NW Training Partnership Executive Director Charissa Raynor
Charissa Raynor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "I get to go to work every day and do things that help people who are truly deserving of my best and find it inspiring."

Pros

The office is filled with smart, humble people who truly believe in the mission of the organization.
    The open office environment can be distracting but I think it makes the office more interesting. Imagine this, you walk into work and someone is talking about healthcare Geekery and then you move to the other side of the office and someone in tech is testing out some new application, then you walk over to the training area and you get to hear someone solving some issue for a home care aide trying to get training. I think that’s cool as hell. Plus I got to say that there has not been a single day where I left the office and said, well that was a waste of time, the work is meaningful.

Cons

Driving into Seattle is not fun.
    Too much fattening food around the office.
    It takes time for new folks to on board because there is so much stuff going on (but if your not a boring, drone and enjoy diversity in work that could be a pro)

Advice to Management

Continue to encourage people working remote.
    Continue to focus on innovation, but please be thoughtful.
    Keep the home care aides front and center in terms of your focus.
    Don’t be scared of failure, or scared to own up to failure

"Great people, great work, great compensation"

I have been working at SEIU Healthcare NW Training Partnership full-time

Pros

- Excellent compensation for a nonprofit. Amazing health benefits.
    - Important work that has a huge impact.
    - Culture of innovation, trial-and-error, and appreciation for new ideas.
    - Friendly work environment. HR works hard to have fun events that reduce siloing.

Cons

Open office layout is crowded and noisy, but flexible telecommuting helps. Staff at other, related organizations in the building seem demoralized and unhappy.

Advice to Management

Have Director be more visible in the organization. This would enhance feelings of trust and confidence among staff.

"Robot comments below are ridiculous"

I have been working at SEIU Healthcare NW Training Partnership full-time

Pros

Nobody has been fired by robot, that is utter nonsense. If you don't like something take responsibility for improving the situation. It is very fast-paced, so important to know how to set priorities and communicate when overloaded. Just recently there have been several promotions from within....it is hard work but there is opportunity here.

Cons

Difficulties arise when departments don't talk to each other. Makes me crazy.

"Make a difference"

I have been working at SEIU Healthcare NW Training Partnership full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Most people working here don't know how good they have it compared to working in the "for profit" sector. Mission-based goals working to improve the lives of home care aides is admirable and provides the passion to show up and do your best work. Work environment is fast-paced and leadership encourages a "start up" mentality. Which means one needs to be flexible, supportive and keep the big picture in mind. They encourage and expect collaboration between all groups. Its incumbent upon us to make it all happen. Thank you for being an employer that allows us to help define how we work and thank you for not being perfect.

Cons

- At times it feels as if employees expect the "company" to make them happy. The reality is that that responsibility resides within each of us. We are the company. If people don't like something, then lead the change to make it better. Posting a cowardly review on Glassdoor does nothing to improve culture or the problem.

Advice to Management

There are things that could be improved upon. Rolling out our values and continuing to refine our individual roles and framework will be helpful to continue to build an effective road map to success.

"Can't recommend"

I worked at SEIU Healthcare NW Training Partnership full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Depending on the position, work/life balance is possible.

Cons

Lack of financial sense and accountability.
    No acceptance for anyone who thinks outside the box or presents ideas contrary to the status quo.
    Overt favoritism.
    Open office design.
    Poor health and varied hygiene practices among staff resulting in constant employee illnesses.
    Many overly sensitive employees (Generation Snowflake).

Advice to Management

Act like a professional business, not an extension of a college.
    Treat funding like the gift it is, not as disposable money.

6. "Salesforce Tech Suport"

Current Employee - Salesforce Tech Support in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Salesforce Tech Support in Seattle, WA

I have been working at SEIU Healthcare NW Training Partnership full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

As far a job go this isn't a bad place to work

Cons

Not all that thrilled about the office space.

"Fun and engaging workplace with an important mission"

I have been working at SEIU Healthcare NW Training Partnership full-time

Pros

Fabulous colleagues. We all have passion to achieve a common goal, and so many of us come fromm extremely interesting and diverse professional and personal backgrounds. We're a very cohesive and supportive team. Impressive representation of women, LGBTQIA folk, and POC at all levels.

The rapid growth experienced over the past few years makes it an environment of constant learning, change, and growth. This is very engaging, and there's no time to be bored or to feel like you're punching a clock. Salaries are high for the non-profit sector, and medical/personal/ transportation/ fitness/ cell phone benefits are above and beyond those offered by the most desirable companies in Seattle.

Cons

The rapid growth, change, and learning can be overwhelming at times.

The frequency in which donuts, candy, and lunch meeting leftovers appear is bad for the waistline, necessitating the fitness stipend.

Advice to Management

Provide fewer donuts. Or more donuts. Can't make up my mind on that one.

In all seriousness, Senior Leadership is awesome - communicative, visionary, and mission-focused.

"Socially impactful work, great people and benefits"

Pros

SEIU 775 Benefits Group (new company name) focuses on providing benefits and training to Home Care Aides in WA State. Mission-driven team, collaborative and highly intelligent and educated. Great benefits. Continually changing, fast paced environment with intriguing challenges, continual learning and positive impact.

Cons

Work hours can be extensive depending on position, despite focus on balance. Company strategy can be challenging to detect in determining direction focus and in moving pilots out the door to users as actual products. Lower NFP salaries however benefits package makes up the difference generously.

Advice to Management

Communicate company strategy and the vision you want to achieve across the organization often and collaboratively, help people understand the impact of their work and how they can personally contribute to HCA well-being through implementing what's being designed.

Nov 4, 2016 – Sr. Director

Thank you for your review and support for the mission of the SEIU 775 Benefits Group. We are proud of our staff compensation package and continue to focus on ways we can improve staff experience. In... More

"Progressive well meaning organization but leadership doesn't care about staff"

Pros

Work environment is fun
    Mission is important and meaningful
    Flexible schedules
    Decent pay and benefits

Cons

No transparency into senior leadership decisions
    Lack of honest communications and regular feedback
    No growth opportunities
    Little input from staff into organization's future and priorities

Advice to Management

Invest more in your staff's growth, creating open and honest lines of communication, and an environment where everyone's opinions are valued and listened to.

Nov 4, 2016 – Sr. Director

Thank you for your review and your thoughts. Our organization values continuous improvement and we are very open to ways to improve communication and collaboration to create a shared vision. Since... More

10. "Progressive and fun, but career growth is limiting"

I have been working at SEIU Healthcare NW Training Partnership full-time

Pros

Progressive and liberal environment. Mission driven. Staff are fun and intelligent. Excellent benefits. Friendly to family. Advocate for work and life balance.

Cons

Senior leadership needs to proactively communicate their vision and expectations in a timely manner. Career pathway is limited. Senior leadership doesn't seem to trust their staff and could work on building the trust with more open and more frequent communications.

Advice to Management

Open to feedback. Communicate repeatedly even it might feel redundant sometimes. To implement culture change in an organization, your staff need to hear it more than one time and to hear it at different occasions.

Nov 4, 2016 – Sr. Director

Thank you - we appreciate your feedback. Support for work-life balance is very important to the SEIU 775 Benefits Group. We are glad you have had a positive experience with it at the organization... More