SELLBYTEL Group Customer Service Representative Reviews | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

SELLBYTEL Group Customer Service Representative Reviews

Updated Sep 18, 2019

2.1
SELLBYTEL Group CEO Michael Raum
Michael Raum

"2,5 years working in Selbytel APAC"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Kuala Lumpur

I have been working at SELLBYTEL Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

I was a fresh graduate, did not know what kind of job should I applied to. This is my first job which offered a great pay for first entry, free lunch, fixed working hours, and no specific background needed. But....

Cons

after working for this company for 2.5 years now, I feel like there's no increment and carrier growth in this company. They don't bother if you want to exit the company because they can keep on hiring more newbies which will fall into their first entry offer. For decision making, it seems like there're lots of political issues in my company. Some of people in management who do not do their job well or manipulate... their work stay on their position because they are closed to upper management.

Advice to Management

Please do give increment and reward those who are loyal to your company. We give our best to benefit the company and we need more appreciation from you.

SELLBYTEL Group2019-05-16

"The definition of "feeding pearls to pigs""

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Oeiras

I have been working at SELLBYTEL Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Amazing co-workers -Some incredible Team Leaders -The trainers are unbelievably good and supportive -Nice restaurants -Free parking (although prone to accidents and the stray car driving into the stairs) -Workforce Management has some very capable folk who actually treat you as a person

Cons

-Their definition of a salary raise is by increasing your bonus, which becomes increasingly harder to get, to the point where rarely will you actually get more than 50 to 70% of your bonus -The HR department is a joke. They have no idea of Portuguese law, they are unable to get the paychecks right consistently and it's nigh impossible to reach out to them -Management has one person who looks out for you, but lacks... the know-how, or the strength, to actually make a difference -Management often employs, or tries to, fear tactics, with one person in particular believing he is above everyone else -Career progression is impossible; you can work hard, try to reach the position of Team Leader, or even change departments, but you'll go back to the line at the whims of Management if they feel like it -The bonus scheme keeps changing and it's harder and harder to get -No actual salary raises in years -Despite it being a fast-wear job, you can only get some offline time if you need a round-table, or sgt, or if you get to the point where you just snap and request medical leave -The Quality team provides conflicting information with the client's procedures, and some know less than certain advisors -For a company that requires, at least a CAE level in english, Management has an appalling mastery of the language -You are treated as just another number, rather than an actually valued worker (though some Team Leaders, trainers and wfm members actually care for you) -It's nearly impossible to request a fixed schedule, or even trade if something unexpected happens. Either you manage to somehow find a co-worker that can help you, or it's almost impossible to swap schedules -Money continues to be wasted in pointless facilities/luxuries, rather than into improving salaries and working conditions

Advice to Management

Rethink your strategy, urgently. You don't motivate your workers by sending cliché emails, or by waving a bonus above their noses, just outside of their reach. Listen to your workers, make them feel cared for, offer stability, offer better wages and find competent people to handle communications between all departments.

SELLBYTEL Group2019-03-28
  3. "Needs improvement"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Kuala Lumpur

I worked at SELLBYTEL Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Great work environment, great office - Frequent trainings to improve your skills.

Cons

- Salary is unfair, no increments

SELLBYTEL Group2017-12-25
  4. "Found Environment & Colleague is good at here"

Virtual Customer Service Representative

I have been working at SELLBYTEL Group

Pros

Environment is good and relax Awesome Place for hardworking people I like the managers and my friends

Cons

Medical insurance and comfy working environment

Advice to Management

Keep up the Good Work .

SELLBYTEL Group2017-05-31
  5. "Basic Review"

Current Employee - Virtual Customer Service Representative in Kuala Lumpur

I have been working at SELLBYTEL Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

It is a good company to start your career and work in big projects.

Cons

Lack of retention policy. Company will easily let you go even though if you're a good performer. Though they have offices on many different locations around the globe and they can re locate their employees.

Advice to Management

Kindly try to come out with a policy where you can keep those people who can be an asset for your company.

SELLBYTEL Group2017-04-05

"customer service support"

Current Employee - Virtual Customer Service Representative in Kuala Lumpur

I have been working at SELLBYTEL Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

sellbytel is a public listed company and as well as multi national group and its working many of countries. in addition it has good opportunities to get achivment with healthy enviorment.

Cons

here cons is that to working load will be high, responsibilty to every one to done their work on deadline, less salary, no appreciation whether employees do work well, politicions factor and as well as discrimination to gender.

Advice to Management

be puncutate, should responsible related to their work, should transparent to every metter, monthly activity conduct of our employess to satisfied their workload. responsibilty divided on individual b ase.

SELLBYTEL Group2017-03-06

SELLBYTEL Group Response

March 27, 2017Head of Marketing International

Thank you for your rating. We are happy that you are part of our company. On the other hand, we are sorry to see that you were less satisfied with some aspects of your position. If you would like to get further guidance and assistance please feel free to submit your query/request via our HR ticketing tool or If you would like to have a confidential talk, you can reach HR via HR.APAC @sellbytel.com, we would be more than happy to discuss and partner with you for a better work place.

7. "Working at sellbytell is fun"

Customer Service Representative in Kuala Lumpur

I have been working at SELLBYTEL Group

Pros

its nice to work with sellbytell the environment etc...

Cons

the manger are not ok

Advice to Management

n/a

SELLBYTEL Group2016-10-24

SELLBYTEL Group Response

November 20, 2016Head of Marketing International

Thank you for your rating. It is great to hear that you enjoy working with us. We place great emphasis on receiving honest feedback. We are without a doubt a company that requires high performance and at the same time find it very important to reward strong commitment. We valued the satisfaction of our employees and would welcome feedback and suggestion to let us know where we can improve. You can either submit your feedback via our HR ticketing tool or drop by HR office for a discussion.

"Nothing , Just bored"

Customer Service Representative in Kuala Lumpur

I have been working at SELLBYTEL Group

Pros

Nice environment , can meet different region people

Cons

No opportunity for future if you are a guys, Company will hire a new person being your management than you working here 10 years also not getting promote .

Advice to Management

nothing changeling

SELLBYTEL Group2015-08-31

"Lohn bedarf Aufstockung"

Former Employee - Call Center Customer Service Representative in Fürth, Fürth, Bavaria

I worked at SELLBYTEL Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Mindestlohn kommt pünktlich vor dem 1. des Monats

Cons

Diebstähle im Callcenter die aus Kostengründen (trotz Genehmigung für eine Videoüberwachung durch den Betriebsrat) nicht gemacht werden endlich durchführen.

Advice to Management

Externe Berater einbeziehen

SELLBYTEL Group2016-05-18