SEO Inc. Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

4.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Garry Grant

"SEO Inc great company, wish i was still there"

Pros

SEO Inc CEO Garry Grant is a great guy & great boss. Garry knows search engine optimization better then anyone I have met in this business and I have been involved in SEO for over 10 years. Garry a forefather of SEO starting in search engine optimization in 1993. I enjoyed working for Garry & would still be there if it was not for an injury. SEO Inc is a great place to work where employees are treated like family.

Cons

Now that Garry has come back to take full rein of SEO Inc the company is in good hands and will continue to be one of the top SEO companies in the business

Advice to Management

Continue treating employees as family. Getting together for a happy hour after work on Fridays would be great!

"Great team"

I have been working at SEO Inc. full-time

Pros

The team is great and treats each other like a family. Easy going, while being productive.

Cons

So many clients and such a small team! A lot of work but nothing that can't get done.

Advice to Management

No advice to be given.

"I miss working at SEO, Inc."

Pros

I miss working here! This is a great place to work. The negative reviews have irked me and caused me to write this review. They seem to be from those who didn't manage their time effectively or had poor quality work and had to be let go. That's what any company would do...

Anyone who has worked in SEO knows that if you are not performing, your credibility suffers. SEO is not for those looking for an easy job. It demands continuous education to help clients improve their search rankings. Simply put, you have to have passion for SEO. If you are not passionate, you will not do well. Simple as that.

Garry is fantastic at keeping us up-to-date on all updates from Google, Yahoo, and Bing. He's a firecracker and cares about his clients because his reputation is at stake. There's a reason this is one of the longest running SEO agencies in the country and has been nominated as a finalist for SEO Agency of the Year.

There are some good leaders here that I'm lucky to have had an opportunity to work with. They will continue the great work for years to come.

Cons

Sometimes the coffee and creamer ran out and we were left stranded to buy our own. Not everyone honors the conference room reservation. A certain someone keeps forgetting to put the bathroom key back on the hook.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! Keep sending industry updates and encourage continuous learning.

"FRAUD ALERT"

Pros

N/A I can't submit unless this is 5 characters. Literally this place is the worse. The only pro is that it is located in the best city on earth

Seriously, very few employees stay long term, and no it isn't a reflection their abilities rather they finally realized just how horrible the company is. (fyi- most employees that have left the company are now very sucessful, see for yourself)

Cons

Where do I begin, first of all I am most amazed that this company is still around.
    Their business model (if they have one, I'm think if they do it was done in crayon on the back of a napkin) is to extort people out of the most money they can while under paying their employees and forcing them to help con clients.
    The phones are constantly ringing with disgruntled associates, colleagues, and customers who either have outstanding balances that SEO inc. has failed to pay, or services that were not rendered.
    If this company were to close its doors forever the world would be a better place.

Advice to Management

if you have any integrity left you will 1 of 2 things

Option 1- Close your doors
    Option 2- wipe out all management and replace with compotent individuals.

"Very good place to work"

Former Employee - Software Engineer Intern in Carlsbad, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer Intern in Carlsbad, CA

Pros

Very good learning opportunities, good work ethic

Cons

Can not think of any cons

"SEOInc Cutting Edge Whole New Engineering Team"

Current Employee - Senior Vice President of Marketing in Carlsbad, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Vice President of Marketing in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at SEO Inc. full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I've seen the good, I've seen the dated, when it comes to cutting edge SEO/SEM. SEOInc is on it. From Google Partner summits to watching the company employees get google certified. Garry is back in the company running things full time. As for the one bad review. There is always a story of why an employee is a "former" employee. All is alive and well at SEOInc.

Cons

We can't grow fast enough.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

"Hard Work = Happy Clients"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at SEO Inc. full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Top tier agency – Up-to-date SEO knowledge and know how. I have seen the company revise the SEO strategy for each client based on the latest Google updates – they put in extra time each campaign to ensure the client is on par with the latest updates. I feel 100% confident in recommending the company’s services to friends and family. The company has many happy clients – happy, repeat clients.

Cons

For every 20 happy employees, there’s that one unhappy one causing drama upon exit by leaving crazy false reviews on Glassdoor lol.

Advice to Management

Learn to read minds? Unless you can read minds, it is going to be hard to know which new hires are going to be duds… otherwise, keep up the great work – you have a strong crew of smart, dedicated and happy employees!

"Best Job Ever"

Current Employee - Engineer in Carlsbad, CA
    Current Employee - Engineer in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at SEO Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

After 10 years in the online marketing industry, I can wholeheartedly say this is the best company I've worked for. Smart people, smart management, smart business programs, close-knit group.

Cons

None. The roster of clients continues to grow, the new hires are smart, and the veterans are super knowledgeable.

Advice to Management

As evidence by some of the more colorful reviews here on glassdoor, only advice is to be very careful on new hires and make sure they say who they say they are... the ones leaving silly reviews years after getting fired are obviously unstable and cant let it go.

"Provides a Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Carlsbad, CA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at SEO Inc. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The employees that are here, love it here. I am grateful to have a job that I love. The people are what makes it so special. I feel we have a team of very smart, dynamic and dedicated folks that depend on this company for their livelihood. It’s sad to see ex employees go postal and try so hard to tear the company down – a place that provides so much to so many – employees AND clients. They treat the employees who know their stuff and who *ACTUALLY WORK* very well. The company had to fire a few slackers, and these are the ones using glassdoor as a revenge site.

Cons

No tolerance for sub par work. Slackers get canned. Those thinking they can get an easy job will be disappointed if they weasel their way into this company. They employ many great people, provide top tier service, and is a great example of a progressive company.

Advice to Management

Background checks on new hires, keep up the great work!!!

"SEO Inc from the New Guy!"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Carlsbad, CA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at SEO Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love the team here and constantly coming up with new and innovative ideas. Just got a cool new office in a great looking building, and seeing a lot of people come in for hires, so it seems they are growing. We have weekly meeting and have a "Think Tank" to fix client technical problems, enhance their current campaigns, and address SEO strategies. Its a VERY fast paced environment. Plus, I thought I knew a good amount of SEO when I arrived here, and was convinced on my capabilities, but most all of SEO Incs' strategies are on another level. All of my clients rankings are exploding! What I am learning is a great tool for any company. Overall great place to learn, and experience a high paced environment with hectic client demands. I'm glad to be a part of a growing company in San Diego, it's a great city, and the new office is close to the beach!

Cons

Clients are demanding and so is the CEO. If you are the kind of person who is looking for a quick job to put on your resume, forget about working here...My interview process was very long, but I was just being gauged for my knowledge and understanding of SEO. I have heard around they had a few bad hires and rouge employees who watched YouTube TV shows. If you work hard and are not a slacker you will be just fine. Some can see why the CEO is demanding, just like the clients, because if employees aren't available or attentive during client emergencies, it can cause a lot of issues. That is no longer the case, I have just seen happy clients that are doing very well.

Advice to Management

Don't be so intense!! Some situations call for it, and others don't. But, this again can go a long with the stress of this fast paced environment and demanding clients. As far as hires go, I'm not sure if they have been doing it, but keep gauging, because after my interview I went back and retaught myself some things, and learned some new tips. Maybe it'll help for the future! Most of all, keep rocking and demanding the quality of SEO and service for clients!