SERMO Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.2
Peter Kirk

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • possibility to work from home if needed (in 8 reviews)

• There are a few smart hard-working, passionate people who get the job done (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management do not care about the employees (in 7 reviews)

• These features are not what SERMO users asked for, and they are created with little-to-no market research (in 9 reviews)

1. "Marketing Associate and PA"

Former Employee - Marketing Associate in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Marketing Associate in New York, NY

I worked at SERMO full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

SERMO has been the best job I ever got. The teamwork is amazing, The employees is lisiting to you, the CEO is listing to you, so you feel you have a role and a voice in the company. The career opportunities is big. You have the possibility to work as you like it. The office is a big and nice office with glas windows with a view to Union Square. All my warmest recommendations. Thank you SERMO.

Cons

There is not any cons. I never had a bad experience.

Advice to Management

Everything was perfect for me.

"Project Manager"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at SERMO full-time

Pros

Some degree of flexibility with schedule and working from home. Food and drinks are provided weekly for all offices. There are some really awesome people here.

Cons

Very poor work-life balance, frequent raise droughts and mass firings, unrealistic expectations, low retention, and greedy C-suites. Projects are oversold and promised in unreasonable timelines to the point that project managers are given almost impossible assignments. Regardless of the means, you are expected to close on time and the company will not acknowledge your efforts and/or project challenges. The only consistent trend in this company is that they overwork their employees to the point of failure.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees fairly. There is a lot of money floating around and everyone knows where it is going. Retention is abysmal and leveraging green cards is unethical. Hire enough people to perform the work we have now and pay those who are present a salary that corresponds with our excessive hours.

"The future is bleak"

Former Employee - Senior Project Manager
    Former Employee - Senior Project Manager

I worked at SERMO full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- My colleagues were amazing, hard workers and made my job very enjoyable.
    - When I started at SERMO, it was an incredible work environment, but it has gotten considerably worse and more toxic with each year.
    - Option to work from home.

Cons

- Upper management doesn't care about the side of the company that actually does the work and brings in revenue.
    - Issues with supervisors aren't taken into consideration and nothing is done to help things get better.
    - Underpaid and overworked is a gross understatement with this company.
    - Good people are treated poorly and it makes it easier to lose them to other jobs.
    - Workload isn't dispersed evenly and the best employees carry the heaviest and hardest clients.

Advice to Management

Based on what I have heard recently, there's no point in providing advice because no one is listening and the best people are leaving.

"Not a good place to work. Avoid."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at SERMO full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- There are a few smart hard-working, passionate people who get the job done
    - Option to work from home

Cons

There are quite a few. Where to begin?

- Poor communication and overall management from some members of the executive team
    - Management makes little to no effort made to improve the side of the business that generates revenue
    - More emphasis on creating features - "bells and whistles" - instead of improving existing systems. These features are not what SERMO users asked for, and they are created with little-to-no market research
    - Marketing is more PR focused than marketing focused
    - Management does not listen to feedback from their users

Advice to Management

This will most likely fall on deaf ears, but my advice is: be the tech company that you claim you are, one that exists in 2017 and not in 2012.

Focus on 1) growth 2) tech improvements 3) customer service 4) and marketing in ways that companies do in this day and age. Learn from modern day companies, avoid thinking that what worked in 2012 will work today. Also, get a CMO that actually understands marketing and not just PR.

"Account Executive"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Charlotte, NC

I worked at SERMO full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people actually doing the work in this company are great.

Cons

Upper management do not care about the employees. Their main objective is launching the company to Facebook stardom - which will likely never happen.

HR department was non-existent during my time there, which should have been a huge red flag.

Severely overworked and underpaid for the type of work and the hours you put in.

Advice to Management

Invest in your people. This company has the potential to be an awesome place to work, but if you continue to treat your employees poorly the company will be run into the ground.

"Go elsewhere."

I have been working at SERMO full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some people are nice. I guess.
    Food and coffee and drinks are for employees.
    Work isn't very hard. But they won't tell you what is right or wrong.

Cons

Just read the reviews here.
    You can expect 20-25% being disgruntled employees. But 70-75%? Don't ignore Glassdoor. You're expendable the second you start.

Advice to Management

Sell.

"life style company at best"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at SERMO full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some nice people to work with. Especially, those doing the real work. They talk alot about investment but the actions are concerning

Cons

Senior management decisions are self serving and have large liabilities. There is very little to learn here as the company seems to bumble along with horseshoes and four-leaf clovers

Advice to Management

be honest with yourselves, and your customers

"Careless"

I worked at SERMO full-time

Pros

Acted like a big company that had it together.

Cons

Massive layoffs, unpaid bonuses and strange upper management.

Advice to Management

Get a clue.

9. "Big things, good people, great energy"

I have been working at SERMO full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

People only ever leave bad reviews on this site - here's a good one: Very solid group of employees - most of which being over-achievers. Has a great grip the healthcare market research industry and is one of the few that is actually offering much more. Values employees that want to be there and shows appreciation. Great benefits and employee perks (raises and bonuses). If you work hard here and show initiative, you will get rewarded - simple as that. Company is getting great attention from the pharma/consulting/MR industry.

Cons

A bit short staffed, employees are the burning the midnight oil. Sometimes upper management is too blindly ambitious. Needs to value all the employees they have internally.

Advice to Management

Keep the employees who care about the company and the mission close and cherish them in the org. Don't become complacent. Keep up on the press coverage.

"Don't waist your time, the company is a mess"

I have been working at SERMO full-time

Pros

Good talented people work there but unfortunately not for long the turn over rate is unbelievable

Cons

They are financially unstable. Upper management and finance are all like used car salesmen. They lack in integrity and have no direction. They treat the employees like children.

Advice to Management

Get a clue and find value in your employees. Listen and learn something. Stop projecting your mistakes onto your employees and expect them to fix it for you. Respect would be nice too. CEO is running company into the ground