SG Analytics Reviews | Glassdoor

2.8
Sushant Gupta

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Cons

"An example for bad experience. You will leave with loads of bad memories, which you can't forget for the rest of life!!"

Former Employee - Associate
    Former Employee - Associate

I worked at SG Analytics full-time

Pros

Ambience
    Located in IT park which has all facilities
    Events and games conducted by HR team
    Festivals celebrations
    Some projects will give a good learning experience

Cons

1. They monitor and record employees log in, log out, no. of working hours, no. of hours on the desk, no. of hours in on pc etc..etc.. and they will cut the pay if you don't fulfill the working hours on pc.
    2. No respect for freshers, higher level (senior analysts and managers) will treat them like insects.
    3. Seniors will make fun of you in meetings and gatherings.
    4. Seniors doesn't cooperate to train freshers, instead try to letdown and kill the motive of employees. This effects performance of employees.
    5.Even fortune 500 companies doesn't feel like providing coffee machine leads to spoiling of floor. This company feels that coffee may spill of mats and leaves marks on floor.. wow what a reason!!
    6. Group of seniors gather to make fun of juniors and other freshers. Instead of clarifying doubts..they will laugh at your face and share that with others.
    7. They want only work. Even you're going to die, they ask you to complete the work and die.
    8. Employees at senior level will feel as if they are CEO, Presidents, prime ministers and scientists
    8. Overall it's very very bad experience . I suffered mentally and physically.. It's a torture to the core.

Advice to Management

Treat freshers with some respect. Seniors should be with down to the earth behavior. Freshers will also get knowledge and skills with experience. My request is to hire some good candidates at senior level and improve the work culture.

2. "No work life ballance"

I have been working at SG Analytics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

flexible environment
    Teams are well trained
    Good for one year not more than that

Cons

Attrition rate is high
    No work life balance
    Tremendous work load

Advice to Management

People should be paid for OT

Hi,
    Thanks for the feedback and inputs. We believe in maintaining a healthy competitive work environment and rewarding excellence.
    We do understand that as a growing organisation, that is striving... More

3. "SGA a good place to grow"

Current Employee - Senior Data Scientist in Pune (India)
    Current Employee - Senior Data Scientist in Pune (India)

I have been working at SG Analytics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The SGA culture

Growth opportunities within research and analytics

Good training environment

Good peer culture

Cons

Need to improve gender ratio

Advice to Management

To hold an intervention to improve gender ratio

Hi,
    Thanks for your words of encouragement.
    For any other suggestions, please do write to us - hrgroup@sganalytics.com
    Team HR

"Too much work and no work-life balance"

I have been working at SG Analytics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great learning, attractive salary package

Cons

No bonuses, 12-14 hours of continuous work, internal politics within team, unworthy managers, bad work culture, inactive role of HRs

Advice to Management

Ensure that the employees have a proper work-life balance so that they can contribute to their work in full capacity

5. "Analyst"

Former Employee - Analyst in Hyderabad (India)
    Former Employee - Analyst in Hyderabad (India)

I worked at SG Analytics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are no pros at all

Cons

Bad Management, Bad company

6. "Good learning for freshers"

I worked at SG Analytics full-time

Pros

Very good culture and senior management

Cons

Hire and fire policy for some projects

Hi,
    Thanks for your words of encouragement.
    For any other suggestions, please do write to us - hrgroup@sganalytics.com
    Team HR

7. "Work Hard, Grow fast"

Current Employee - Manager in Pune (India)
    Current Employee - Manager in Pune (India)

I have been working at SG Analytics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Direct interaction with the top management which avoids all the politics like in all other companies
    - performance is the key to success
    - company has grown tremendously in past 3 years and is working very hard to meet the global standards and rising expectations

Cons

-Meeting expectations of all the clients and employees ON TIME is a big concern
    -Full time performance is a key even you have been in the system for long
    -No job security

Advice to Management

Move from a mindset of a sole proprietorship firm to a company level to grow even faster

Hi,
    Thanks for the feedback. We believe in striving towards excellence, hence a performance driven organisation is what we are.
    We continuously work towards a better client and employee... More

8. "Ownership and Accountability are rewarded here"

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Pune (India)
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in Pune (India)

I worked at SG Analytics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

1. Ownership and Accountability are rewarded here
    2. Excellent Learning Opportunities are available

Cons

One has to demand their own work-life balance

Advice to Management

1. Work from Home Policy
    2. Frequent Townhalls with all employees

Feb 7, 2018 – Assistant Manager HR

Hi,
    Thanks for the feedback. We believe in maintaining a healthy competitive work environment and rewarding excellence.

9. "Catching the Con"

I worked at SG Analytics full-time

Pros

Nothing that I can think of when I was there, but might be let’s give them a little credit on being an Okay company to start your career with.

Cons

The company itself is a big Con. No structure whatsoever, the higher management changes KPI’s as and when they find the need to do so. Eg: You want to fire someone change his/her KPI’s to something that he/she is not even remotely engaged in and then brand him/her as a total failure. But the truth is that the company its self does not have capabilities in so many areas of services that they offer their clients and then blame the employee, a nice scapegoat. The perfect crime.
    I have seen so many employees get fired for no fault of theirs, but because of mistakes done by the managers. The management cannot even relocate employees to different projects when the client wants to downsize the team because the company doesn’t have any backup project. How can a company not have a backup project in times like these? It is very easy for SGA to fire they don’t care if you have a family or not, they give a damn, cause the CEO must fill his pockets. I have heard the CEO say we are one big family and we must grow this family together so many times that I started feeling like an adopted child the next Heir to the throne, however this one big family talks are only till they need you to fill their pockets once they have no use for you, your back to becoming that orphan child trying to survive for your real family. I have never seen a CEO like him who has no clue on how business is done, he just keeps yelling on top of his voice on what he wants and not how things should be.
    There are so many people at higher levels who do nothing but pretend on doing something so important that anyone would think if they actually worked so hard they would have had their own company by now. Higher management is all talk and no show.
    HR! the best team in SGA, they work so hard that they need to take a break from their breaks to work. I have seen them working so hard at the canteen trust me they hardly work. You send them a mail today and you will never receive a response from them till you actually sit on their heads and ask them for an answer. The head HR is slow on all fronts, he actually has no role to play in the organization other that sit in a cabin and pretend he is busy and an important person and then changes all the policies that are not one bit beneficial for the employees.
    The below reply from the HR team is so very wrong
    (Thanks for your positive feedback and for the inputs on enhancement. We are constantly striving to improve employee experience, should you have any specific suggestions on the same, please do feel free to reach out to the HR team.) They never do anything for the employees other than fire them. There are no skip level meetings held, then how would they know what the employees feel.
    The salary that they pay to non-managerial employees is so low and then they force you to fulfill the duties of your managers/head of department etc. as well, while the managers/head of department etc. enjoys a big fat salary for doing nothing where is the justice in that, this cannot be a way to determine the worth of an employee. Employees should work only on things that they were hired for and enhance their skill side by side and grow.
    Clients: The office is only lit up and no paper policy is followed when some big Clients come in.

Advice to Management

I know they will not take Advice well, so why even break my head on the wall...

10. "Best Place to Start a Career"

Former Employee - Associate Analyst in Pune (India)
    Former Employee - Associate Analyst in Pune (India)

I worked at SG Analytics (Less than a year)

Pros

Good Work Culture, Nice People, Salary is at par

Cons

Politics, extended hour workings and work may extend to late night hours for a regular day shift employee

Feb 6, 2018 – Assistant Manager HR

Hi,
    Thanks for the feedback. We strive for excellence and truly believe in rewarding the same.
    We do understand that as a growing organisation, that is striving towards excellence, there is a... More