SG World Reviews | Glassdoor

4.6
Mark Haase
  1. "Great place to work"

I have been working at SG World full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

SG World put their staff first, and this is shown throughout their company values and ethic. The company is a dynamic company that adapts to the changing market conditions and every single member of Staff has the opportunity to shine. It's easily the best place I have worked and continues to develop people in all area's of the business.

Cons

Not really any cons - Company training and development needs to be streamlined and more easily accessible - but this is being reviewed.

Advice to Management

Having a uniform set of benefits - with easier access, more aligned with the current market place - and develop a training platform to allow easier access to training and development

SG World2019-01-31

"Very Corporate."

Former Employee - Outbound Sales Agent in Crewe, England

I worked at SG World full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of things, benefits are good, free parking, reasonable core hours, low attrition rate. The training is good, although it is all theoretical and lacks practical elements. Everyone is friendly, although gossip is rife.

Cons

I think what struck me the most in the negative about SG World is the culture and management style and grievance procedure. It's very corporate, much more so than other larger multi nationals I've worked for. I also have observed very 1950's patriarchal leaderships models. There seems to be a father knows best attitude here with barely any women in decision making roles. Another thing I've noticed is the amount of times...

Advice to Management

Please don't pull rank it's irritating, try to foster more female leadership roles. Understand employees are not SG World balls of clay, they are intelligent, experienced, independent thinking individuals. If i offer an opinion, listen to it and don't discount it. Operate a "safe to say" policy.

SG World2016-11-24
  3. "One of the best places I've worked"

Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at SG World full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Amazing Benefits This company actually cares about their people Family orientated Realistic Targets

Cons

No real routes of career progression Slow to embrace change but that's isn't always a con....

Advice to Management

Keep doing as you're doing, we're one to watch on the top 100 companies list! You have an amazing team both in Crewe and the field. As long as people continue to feel valued and part of the family we'll continue to succeed.

SG World2016-10-11
  4. "Excellent Family Company"

Current Employee - Help Desk Support Analyst in Crewe, England

I have been working at SG World

Pros

Family run company who know how to look after their staff

Cons

In all honesty I cannot find anything bad to say

Advice to Management

Keep up with the good work

SG World2016-09-26