SGN Nutrition Reviews | Glassdoor

Current Employees

3.8
Anthony Misner

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great part-time gig if you like talking to people and have a positive attitude (in 6 reviews)

• Great flexible part time job; if you can sell great opportunity to make good money (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Can be a little daunting for those who have a hard time with rejection (in 2 reviews)

• Many customers then assume that it doesn't taste well (in 2 reviews)

1. "In Store Promotor"

Current Employee - In Store Promotor in Mayfield, OH
    Current Employee - In Store Promotor in Mayfield, OH

I have been working at SGN Nutrition part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Extensive paid training. Positive reinforcement. Online training, in store training, conference call training. Online verifications and scheduling-phone based time clock. All levels of management on hand per phone, email and text to answer questions, concerns or issues at anytime day, nights and weekends.
    The company provides you all your supplies needed at NO out of pocket cost to yourself. Uniforms provided. Supplies shipped to your home.
    Free paid training and certifications. Online University for free use to improve your product education and increase sales efforts.
    Product - ECODRINK
    Great tasting nutritional vitamin and mineral drink for the whole family. Wide market of customers to attract.

Cons

Being a product promotor can be difficult, but this company trains you and backs you up - supports you all the way. Positive reinforcement. Encourages you.

Advice to Management

Truly a outstanding company with great nutritional products to sell. The management team is hard working, trained and educated. They want you to succeed and do everything within their abilities to be there for you.

Oct 27, 2016 – Director of Human Resources

Thank you so much for your recognition of our investment in your success by providing the training, support and leadership to help you realize your career in sales goals.

"Happy Employee !"

Current Employee - Demonstrator in Lancaster, CA
    Current Employee - Demonstrator in Lancaster, CA

I have been working at SGN Nutrition part-time

Pros

Great company to work for. Regional manager is fantastic, gets back to me quickly when I have questions or concerns. Office staff also responds very quickly when I have an issue ( ran out of product - had it delivered in 48 hours. Need another shirt? Got It. 1 more hat? Got it. I have received 2 raises since I started with them a little over 2 years ago. Started at $10 hr, now making $14 in wages and about the same in commisions. Yes I said the same in commissions. My last 2 week check was for $650 AFTER taxes. Not bad for 2 days a week work.

Cons

The only con I have is that I am to tired ( and old = 70 years old ) to work more days. If I put in a Sunday and a Friday along with what I do now ( Tue & Sat ) I could double my income easily because those days are even more crowded than my working days.

Advice to Management

Uhhhhh, how about another raise :)

Jul 7, 2016 – Director of Human Resources

We appreciate your dedication and your time. Please reach out to your Regional Manager regarding your compensation, however, we can see you have had increases in your base pay over the past two... More

"DANGLING CARROT no support"

Current Employee - Costco Sales of Ecodrink/Lifestix in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Costco Sales of Ecodrink/Lifestix in Seattle, WA

I have been working at SGN Nutrition part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nobody knows you are there. It is like dangling in the wind.

Cons

You are all alone. After the rah rah pep talk, they turn you loose to fail.

Advice to Management

Make goals achievable. Having to get 20 boxes sold in a slow store is impossible. The only day with any money potential is Saturday.

"Trainer and Sales Promoter"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Fresno, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Fresno, CA

Pros

SGN nutrition has amazing products. Their ECO drink by far is my all time favorite. I truly enjoy working for this company. This job has given me the opportunity to help others which is something I truly enjoy doing. You are also rewarded for your hard work in this company by receiving commission on the products you sale, along side a base pay. In my experience not many companies offer both a base pay along with a commission package. I also love that this company recognizes our talents, hard work, and dedication, and provides opportunities for growth and advancement. While accompanying my boss on training visits to other stores I have had the pleasure of meeting diverse and engaging individuals that are a huge part of the company. I have also been blessed with being able to learn more about the people behind the scenes that make the company what it is. We have a great team of individuals that ensure that all of our needs are met in order to perform at a high level. This job does take dedication and hard work, however the more time you take to learn the product and engage with the customers, the greater your success.

Cons

To be honest I don't have many cons to working for this company. However others may find that earning commission can be difficult, however I believe that by educating themselves on the product, it can ease their mind and commission can be obtainable. Some may be disheartened by the lack of full time employment, however this can be offset by earning commission. Lastly others my not like the need to set up their displays and bring their supplies during each shift. I personally do not mind it.

Advice to Management

My best advice to management is to always stay positive with new employees and continue to create a strong effective team that others will enjoy being a part of.

Jun 14, 2016 – Director of Human Resources

Thank you for your time and opinions.

5. "Great Company to Work For"

Current Employee - Senior Trainner in Victorville, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Trainner in Victorville, CA

I have been working at SGN Nutrition full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun, Fast pace, and there is always someone to talk too. If your a people person how like to share information. Then this is the place for you.

Cons

Can be a little daunting for those who have a hard time with rejection. Nevertheless, it offers a unique opportunity to refine a person social skills.

Advice to Management

Require the use of, or provide, a comfort mat. This will help increase a individuals stamina on the work floor. It will also create a place of comfort in their work space.

Jun 14, 2016 – Director of Human Resources

Thank you for your suggestions. Best wishes for continued success.

"Management"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at SGN Nutrition (More than 5 years)

Pros

The Company produces top quality nutritional supplement products. Research and development is ongoing for new quality items to present to the public for health improvement. The management team I report to truly has an open door policy. It takes a certain kind of high energy, healthy living, very communicative person with a can do attitude that needs little supervision and has the ability to gain the respect of others to blend into the SGN Family

Cons

Due to the nationwide distribution, it is challenging to have face to face time with all 350 employees.

Advice to Management

Keep on investing in training and improving the team and products.

Jun 14, 2016 – Director of Human Resources

Thank you for your many years of service.

"Sales Rep / Promoter"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Oxnard, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Oxnard, CA

I have been working at SGN Nutrition part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great rewards for working hard.

Cons

Not all members trying out samples and take the box you just thought you sold to them will actually buy the product, but generally 90% of the boxes that leave your display will sell, thus making the commission.

Advice to Management

Keeping the incentives every week like a $50.00 reward for top 3 sales person.

Apr 28, 2016 – Director of Human Resources

We value your input and appreciate your hard work.

"Being Your Own Boss With Support"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Portland, OR

I have been working at SGN Nutrition part-time (More than a year)

Pros

SGN to me is a Premier company in offering training and opportunity. Being 72 puts me in a position to know that the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow is a myth but this is a real opportunity to WORK for yourself within the guidelines of our hosts (Costco/Sam's Club) and SGN guidelines.

You will not make any or much money if you're looking for an hourly wage, normally starting at $10.00 an hour because the commission is what you are really looking for and I will average about $550 every 2 weeks working for 3 days a week. Some guys out there hit double that but you really have to try to engage every customer that walks by, can't be on extended breaks, or checking your email. The products do not sell themselves that's why we offer samples ask probing questions and explain the benefits based upon the customers response.

The video training is superb and the managers fill in the blanks but you also have to reach out to them if you're not meeting your expectations.

Cons

You have to get a food handlers license in most states and although the company reimburses you for your training etc., it's still a bit of a pain applying...not hard, really easy , but you have to do it.

Not all products or perfect but SGN comes about as close as anyone.

Standing on your feet all day is not easy but if you're engaged with customers it goes by quickly and you're not going to hit a home run everyday and there are times when things are slow but you have to just mentally fight through it and say next.

Advice to Management

I'm really happy with management and their efforts to make SGN a better company. Believe me there are A LOT worse ones out there. I got some great sales training from my manager.

Apr 28, 2016 – Director of Human Resources

We are happy to learn our efforts to improve, train and support our employees is working. Thank you, you are appreciated.

"STAY AWAY!!!"

Current Employee - Product Ambassador in Winston-Salem, NC
    Current Employee - Product Ambassador in Winston-Salem, NC

I have been working at SGN Nutrition part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Can't think of any! Boss talks a lot of smack to sell the job. There is a conference call were everyone gets pepped up!!

Cons

Plan on buying a 4 ft table that you'll have to lug in and out of Costco along with a box of materials. Your hours and days that you work will be determined by Costco. Boss has to email Costco to get permission for you to be there. if you don't get your box of materials that you have to have in order to work in time you won't be able to go into work. High maintenance job for sore back standing on Costco's cement floor for six hours a day. this job is mainly a steppingstone job - work it until you can get to something better. Forget about upward mobility. This is it!!!

Apr 28, 2016 – Director of Human Resources

It does not sound like this opportunity was a good fit for you. It is not for everyone and does require above average sales skills, great communication skills with the public and a willingness to... More

"This company is great to work for!"

Current Employee - Promoter in Fort Wayne, IN
    Current Employee - Promoter in Fort Wayne, IN

I have been working at SGN Nutrition full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very supportive team of people to work for! If you are having trouble in any areas (pulling customers over, sales pitch, low numbers, etc.) - the company sets up paid training with fellow team members to help improve in all areas you are having difficulties. With any sales job, if you have a knack in sales and are eager to learn, motivated and money hungry/driven... you can and will succeed. Sales isn't for everyone, but if it's your forte and you love interacting with people, there's potential to make some great money with this company! The product I assist in selling is amazing and sells itself, you just have to be good at communicating the product's benefits to the consumer and do so in a positive manner. The feedback I receive weekly from my customers makes me love the product and company more and more as well. :-)

Cons

I honestly can't think of any. This company is the best company I have ever worked for. Like a big family.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Mar 15, 2016 – Director of Human Resources

Thank you. It is nice to be appreciated.