SGN Nutrition Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Anthony Misner

Pros
  • Great part-time gig if you like talking to people and have a positive attitude (in 6 reviews)

• Great flexible part time job; if you can sell great opportunity to make good money (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Can be a little daunting for those who have a hard time with rejection (in 2 reviews)

• Many customers then assume that it doesn't taste well (in 2 reviews)

1. "Sales promoter"

Current Employee - Sales Promoter in Lakeland, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Promoter in Lakeland, FL

I have been working at SGN Nutrition part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great hours, especially for college students. Great pay hourly and the commission adds up quick. They are very flexible with your schedule, they ask for you to give advance so they do not pay for your spot where the table sets up. They understand that people have things come up. There products are great and very easy to sell, they design it for a wide variety of people.

Cons

I really have no cons so far. I guess if I had to pick one, it is simply that you have to store a lot of stuff in your house. It is not really an issue, that is the only thing so far.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work, and you guys are great about contacting us.

2. "current promoter in Lancaster, CA"

Current Employee - Promoter in Lancaster, CA
    Current Employee - Promoter in Lancaster, CA

I have been working at SGN Nutrition part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A terrific company with a wonderful product that supplies great support and training as well. Not for the meek or timid though. However, if you're out going and high energy you can make some sweet money. I'm averaging about $25/hr.

Cons

None as yet for me, though I suppose an extra day or two a week might be nice.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

3. "This is the best company in the world to work for. I have been working for this company for 8 years."

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at SGN Nutrition full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

A family structure.
    A company who listens to your feedback and wants to hear the good and bad.
    Great money - easy money
    Flexible hours or part time or full time depending on what you want to work

Cons

the customers in the store can be rude but just ignore them and give love back and even they will buy

Advice to Management

put the orange and acai berry back in the box and offer 4 flavors

Apr 4, 2016 – Director of Human Resources

Your suggestions have been forwarded to operations and are appreciated. Thank you for your time and efforts.

"Sales Promotions"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at SGN Nutrition (More than a year)

Pros

This job is self led and is perfect for someone who doesn't particularly enjoy being micro-managed! I talk to everyone and have no problem reaching my commission goals and getting the hourly average I want! Furthermore, I really appreciate that my boss is in Texas and visits me in the store and is always there for my questions - with answers!

Cons

This job does require work and is not a sit back and watch it happen gig... it takes a lot of talking and you need to be comfortable grabbing peoples attention. So, for the outgoing people persons any cons can be overcome with the right attitude!

Advice to Management

none

Jan 29, 2016 – Director of Human Resources

Thank you for post and we are happy to learn you are enjoying your employment with SGN Nutrition.

"Sales Promoter"

Current Employee - For SGN Promoter for Other Vice President Biz Dev in Chicago, IL

I have been working at SGN Nutrition part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great part-time gig if you like talking to people and have a positive attitude. Good promoters are motivated to help and to educate; great promoters also like to make a lot of money.. Its a very fast-paced position and you have to be able to work without direct supervision. I think the best promoters are those people that are used to dealing with lots of different personalities.

Cons

Sometime days it is more challenging to hit the target goal and start making great commissions. After a not so hot shift a sales promoter has to be able go back in with a positive attitude.

Advice to Management

Develop a way to create more interaction among the promoters. No matter how good your manager is, sometimes it would be nice just to hear from fellow promoter without the formality of scheduling a call or involving management.Possibly a closed Facebook group?.

Jan 29, 2016 – Director of Human Resources

Thank you for your time, comments and suggestions. Your request has been forward to the Operations team for further consideration.

"This company is great to work for!"

Current Employee - Promoter in Fort Wayne, IN
    Current Employee - Promoter in Fort Wayne, IN

I have been working at SGN Nutrition full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very supportive team of people to work for! If you are having trouble in any areas (pulling customers over, sales pitch, low numbers, etc.) - the company sets up paid training with fellow team members to help improve in all areas you are having difficulties. With any sales job, if you have a knack in sales and are eager to learn, motivated and money hungry/driven... you can and will succeed. Sales isn't for everyone, but if it's your forte and you love interacting with people, there's potential to make some great money with this company! The product I assist in selling is amazing and sells itself, you just have to be good at communicating the product's benefits to the consumer and do so in a positive manner. The feedback I receive weekly from my customers makes me love the product and company more and more as well. :-)

Cons

I honestly can't think of any. This company is the best company I have ever worked for. Like a big family.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Mar 15, 2016 – Director of Human Resources

Thank you. It is nice to be appreciated.

"Being Your Own Boss With Support"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Portland, OR

I have been working at SGN Nutrition part-time (More than a year)

Pros

SGN to me is a Premier company in offering training and opportunity. Being 72 puts me in a position to know that the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow is a myth but this is a real opportunity to WORK for yourself within the guidelines of our hosts (Costco/Sam's Club) and SGN guidelines.

You will not make any or much money if you're looking for an hourly wage, normally starting at $10.00 an hour because the commission is what you are really looking for and I will average about $550 every 2 weeks working for 3 days a week. Some guys out there hit double that but you really have to try to engage every customer that walks by, can't be on extended breaks, or checking your email. The products do not sell themselves that's why we offer samples ask probing questions and explain the benefits based upon the customers response.

The video training is superb and the managers fill in the blanks but you also have to reach out to them if you're not meeting your expectations.

Cons

You have to get a food handlers license in most states and although the company reimburses you for your training etc., it's still a bit of a pain applying...not hard, really easy , but you have to do it.

Not all products or perfect but SGN comes about as close as anyone.

Standing on your feet all day is not easy but if you're engaged with customers it goes by quickly and you're not going to hit a home run everyday and there are times when things are slow but you have to just mentally fight through it and say next.

Advice to Management

I'm really happy with management and their efforts to make SGN a better company. Believe me there are A LOT worse ones out there. I got some great sales training from my manager.

Apr 28, 2016 – Director of Human Resources

We are happy to learn our efforts to improve, train and support our employees is working. Thank you, you are appreciated.

"Sales Rep / Promoter"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Oxnard, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Oxnard, CA

I have been working at SGN Nutrition part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great rewards for working hard.

Cons

Not all members trying out samples and take the box you just thought you sold to them will actually buy the product, but generally 90% of the boxes that leave your display will sell, thus making the commission.

Advice to Management

Keeping the incentives every week like a $50.00 reward for top 3 sales person.

Apr 28, 2016 – Director of Human Resources

We value your input and appreciate your hard work.

9. "Great Company"

I have been working at SGN Nutrition part-time

Pros

Part time , with the potential to make full time pay ! A GREAT product that makes a difference in peoples lives. A great back-up staff in the office . And an awesome regional manager. When you work for a company that gives you the support you it makes all the difference . I am pretty independent and work well on my own ,however, when needed my regional is there for me. so having a product that is so easy for people to see the value of make this a no-brainer.

Cons

Can't think of a "con " to put in this space !

Apr 28, 2016 – Director of Human Resources

We are encouraged to learn of your employment satisfaction. You know where to reach out if we can better support you. Thank you.

10. "Sales Promoter"

I have been working at SGN Nutrition part-time

Pros

Great part-time job! Great products to sell!

Cons

Can't think of any the cons at the moment.

Apr 28, 2016 – Director of Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time. We appreciate you.