SGN Nutrition Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Anthony Misner

Pros
  • Great part-time gig if you like talking to people and have a positive attitude (in 6 reviews)

• Great flexible part time job; if you can sell great opportunity to make good money (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Can be a little daunting for those who have a hard time with rejection (in 2 reviews)

• Many customers then assume that it doesn't taste well (in 2 reviews)

1. "Could be rewarding in larger cities..."

Former Employee - Product Promoter in Eugene, OR
    Former Employee - Product Promoter in Eugene, OR

I worked at SGN Nutrition part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun job, great environment, supportive management TO A POINT!

Cons

Highly unrealistic sales goals for smaller areas

Advice to Management

Make goals difficult but obtainable with effort! 4+ years of a goal NEVER being met at local store other than a handful of times during sale period says something...

2. "Sales"

Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Santee, CA
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Santee, CA

I worked at SGN Nutrition part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working with people and interacting.

Cons

Location in the Costco store was away from the majority of traffic.

Advice to Management

Place me in a more visible location

3. "Don't believe the hype"

Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Madison Heights, MI
    Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Madison Heights, MI

I worked at SGN Nutrition part-time (More than a year)

Pros

very hard working employees and middle managers, good training opportunities initially, good product that doesn't get enough credit

Cons

upper management tells you that you will make more than you can actually make. no matter how carefully you follow the suggested sales methods, you are not going to support your family on what you make. the customers can be very difficult and standing for 8 hours straight in one place for that little of compensation is not worth it, and in fact, a down right disappointment. If you approach management about this, they will tell you how it is you, not trying hard enough. This is not factual, they know it, which is why they go through so many reps and have a hard time keeping the ones they have. Very counter productive.

Advice to Management

Change the formula, because you know that customers want something without sucralose, please stop exaggerating how much money people can make selling this obscure product. Get the big box stores to allow the vendors to sit on a high stool on the floor. It is way too painful for anyone to stand there that length of time. the CEO is completely out of touch with the plight of the sales reps.

5. "ehh"

Former Employee - Sales Floor Team Member in Rego Park, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Floor Team Member in Rego Park, NY

I worked at SGN Nutrition part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Your own hours / managed your own station

Cons

Very boring work that was based off commission for a somewhat not great product

6. "Product demonstrator"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Everett, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Everett, WA

I worked at SGN Nutrition part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great pay and hours; enjoyed giving out samples of EcoDrink and explaining its benefits to Costco members.

Cons

Company stopped doing demos suddenly, and was sold. No job security or benefits. Non-communicative management.

Advice to Management

N/A

7. "Sales Promotor"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I worked at SGN Nutrition part-time (More than a year)

Pros

i worked at SGN Nutrition for one year. It was a fun job you get to meet a lot of very nice customers.I love it when then came back to tell you how great Eco Drink is working for them.
    This is a awesome company to work for.Jeff and Amber are the nicest Regional Managers I ever had.They are so supportive and caring they truly value there employees.I highly recommend working for working for SGN Nutriton.

Cons

I wish the product would go on sale more often.

8. "In Store Promotor"

Current Employee - In Store Promotor in Mayfield, OH
    Current Employee - In Store Promotor in Mayfield, OH

I have been working at SGN Nutrition part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Extensive paid training. Positive reinforcement. Online training, in store training, conference call training. Online verifications and scheduling-phone based time clock. All levels of management on hand per phone, email and text to answer questions, concerns or issues at anytime day, nights and weekends.
    The company provides you all your supplies needed at NO out of pocket cost to yourself. Uniforms provided. Supplies shipped to your home.
    Free paid training and certifications. Online University for free use to improve your product education and increase sales efforts.
    Product - ECODRINK
    Great tasting nutritional vitamin and mineral drink for the whole family. Wide market of customers to attract.

Cons

Being a product promotor can be difficult, but this company trains you and backs you up - supports you all the way. Positive reinforcement. Encourages you.

Advice to Management

Truly a outstanding company with great nutritional products to sell. The management team is hard working, trained and educated. They want you to succeed and do everything within their abilities to be there for you.

Oct 27, 2016 – Director of Human Resources

Thank you so much for your recognition of our investment in your success by providing the training, support and leadership to help you realize your career in sales goals.

9. "Rep"

Pros

There are no Pros, they are horrible.

Cons

This company is a big Con. Run don't even think of getting involved.

Oct 12, 2016 – Director of Human Resources

Dear "Anonymous" If we had more information about your employment with us, we would happily address your concerns. Since we have been in business well over a decade your mention of our business as ... More

"The Job was Ok"

Former Employee - Promotions Assistant in Lafayette, LA
    Former Employee - Promotions Assistant in Lafayette, LA

I worked at SGN Nutrition part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I enjoyed the first couple days, but i was pretty boring the next couple days. The customers were nice i just wish they had more products for you to promote.

Cons

The job was pretty repetitive. I wish there were more products to promote. It was pretty boring and you have to sell to many boxes before you start to actually make your commission pay.

Sep 6, 2016 – Director of Human Resources

We are working on the launch of other superior nutritional supplement products in the Northwest currently and with CVS. We are sorry to learn sales of nutritional supplements is not your heart's ... More

11. "Promoter/sales"

Pros

I have worked for many companies and sold several different products and honestly I can say this is the BEST COMPANY I HAVE EVER WORKED FOR! My bosses have always taken their time when I have needed them in any situation. I have truly grown as a person with this company! The product is also great so it's fun to sell when people come back and tell how much better they feel. Thank you SGN!!

Cons

Sales slow down after a big sale.....go figure!!!!

Advice to Management

Never change....Thank you Josh, Jeff, And Amber.....

Aug 17, 2016 – Director of Human Resources

Kudos for putting out the positives employment can add to your journey. Thank you. We will continue our endeavors to grow, improve, change as necessary and keep our employees engaged.