SGN Nutrition Reviews | Glassdoor

SGN Nutrition Reviews

Updated October 31, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great part-time gig if you like talking to people and have a positive attitude (in 6 reviews)

• Great flexible part time job; if you can sell great opportunity to make good money (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Can be a little daunting for those who have a hard time with rejection (in 2 reviews)

• Many customers then assume that it doesn't taste well (in 2 reviews)

1. "Rep"

Pros

There are no Pros, they are horrible.

Cons

This company is a big Con. Run don't even think of getting involved.

Oct 12, 2016 – Director of Human Resources

Dear "Anonymous" If we had more information about your employment with us, we would happily address your concerns. Since we have been in business well over a decade your mention of our... More

2. "Promoter/sales"

Pros

I have worked for many companies and sold several different products and honestly I can say this is the BEST COMPANY I HAVE EVER WORKED FOR! My bosses have always taken their time when I have needed them in any situation. I have truly grown as a person with this company! The product is also great so it's fun to sell when people come back and tell how much better they feel. Thank you SGN!!

Cons

Sales slow down after a big sale.....go figure!!!!

Advice to Management

Never change....Thank you Josh, Jeff, And Amber.....

Aug 17, 2016 – Director of Human Resources

Kudos for putting out the positives employment can add to your journey. Thank you. We will continue our endeavors to grow, improve, change as necessary and keep our employees engaged.

3. "Sales Promoter"

Pros

SGN Nutrition strives for excellence. With a staff of top performing management and top quality products, they offer great support to help you exceed your goals. SGN Nutrition is a professional and fun company to work with.

Cons

Although there are challenges that you may come into, they are very easy to overcome. I currently do not have any cons about my position or the company that I work for.

Advice to Management

Keep up the outstanding job!

Aug 4, 2016 – Director of Human Resources

Challenges and resolutions equate to Growth in your sales career. Glad you receive the support you need. Thanks so much for your time and review.

"Management good, sales are hit and miss"

Former Employee - Promoter in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Promoter in Miami, FL

I worked at SGN Nutrition full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Love the manager, reaches out from time to time just to check on how I'm doing and If I need anything and I haven't worked for him in about 3 weeks. He would always reach out and see how my sales wore and if I wanted to hop on a training sales call. Payvhecks always on time, sometime shipping issues happened but was always reimbursed if I had to purchase gloves or things. Wish I could've stayed but was offered a fulltime job and I could tell low sales affecting the days I work in future

Cons

No matter how good and long the training calls wore if the store did not have good traffic i couldn;t sale above 20. Lower the sales commission plan. the manager explained how we go in the red if 20 isnt sold but that number seems high on certain days.

Advice to Management

Lower commission plan, other then that awesome.

Jul 27, 2016 – Director of Human Resources

Happy to hear you landed a full-time employment. Unfortunately, all companies need to be profitable and it is not possible to lower the minimum sales and break even, especially with all the... More

5. "Sales Promoter"

Former Employee - Sales Promoter in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Promoter in Dallas, TX

I worked at SGN Nutrition part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Cons

have to run demo by myself, quota driven environment, promises of travel to other major sites but no action, no career development really, standing on concrete floors all day

Advice to Management

Management is great! Awesome support!

Jul 27, 2016 – Director of Human Resources

Thank you for your time and comments. We do have a grow with the Company succession plan in place. The next step up as a Senior Training Promoter does include travel.

"Happy Employee !"

Current Employee - Demonstrator in Lancaster, CA
    Current Employee - Demonstrator in Lancaster, CA

I have been working at SGN Nutrition part-time

Pros

Great company to work for. Regional manager is fantastic, gets back to me quickly when I have questions or concerns. Office staff also responds very quickly when I have an issue ( ran out of product - had it delivered in 48 hours. Need another shirt? Got It. 1 more hat? Got it. I have received 2 raises since I started with them a little over 2 years ago. Started at $10 hr, now making $14 in wages and about the same in commisions. Yes I said the same in commissions. My last 2 week check was for $650 AFTER taxes. Not bad for 2 days a week work.

Cons

The only con I have is that I am to tired ( and old = 70 years old ) to work more days. If I put in a Sunday and a Friday along with what I do now ( Tue & Sat ) I could double my income easily because those days are even more crowded than my working days.

Advice to Management

Uhhhhh, how about another raise :)

Jul 7, 2016 – Director of Human Resources

We appreciate your dedication and your time. Please reach out to your Regional Manager regarding your compensation, however, we can see you have had increases in your base pay over the past two... More

"Promoting an a supplement drink."

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Charlotte, NC

I worked at SGN Nutrition (Less than a year)

Pros

If you are working in a store where you have a lot of foot traffic and a variety of customers you have a chance to make extra commission after selling a certain number of boxes during the shift.
    You work alone and don't have to deal with a direct manager over you shoulder. This is because all communication with the company is by phone or via internet/email. If you are a good salesperson and love autonomy, this job is for you.

Cons

You are an independent vendor in a warehouse club store. It can be challenging to get customers to try a sample due to the fact that they generally can tell the drink is a nutritional supplement. Many customers then assume that it doesn't taste well. The particular store I was in had frequent repeat customers. I did great my first few weeks in sales. However, after that my sales waned because I wasn't encountering enough new customers the introduce the product to.

Advice to Management

Lower the amount of sales required to receive and extra commission. This would provide more incentive for the representative to sell.

Jul 22, 2016 – Director of Human Resources

Your review has been received. Each scheduled demonstration has associated costs, even before a Promoter shows up. The minimum sales of 20 boxes per 8 hour shift just covers those expenses. Also... More

"DANGLING CARROT no support"

Current Employee - Costco Sales of Ecodrink/Lifestix in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Costco Sales of Ecodrink/Lifestix in Seattle, WA

I have been working at SGN Nutrition part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nobody knows you are there. It is like dangling in the wind.

Cons

You are all alone. After the rah rah pep talk, they turn you loose to fail.

Advice to Management

Make goals achievable. Having to get 20 boxes sold in a slow store is impossible. The only day with any money potential is Saturday.

"Trainer and Sales Promoter"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Fresno, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Fresno, CA

Pros

SGN nutrition has amazing products. Their ECO drink by far is my all time favorite. I truly enjoy working for this company. This job has given me the opportunity to help others which is something I truly enjoy doing. You are also rewarded for your hard work in this company by receiving commission on the products you sale, along side a base pay. In my experience not many companies offer both a base pay along with a commission package. I also love that this company recognizes our talents, hard work, and dedication, and provides opportunities for growth and advancement. While accompanying my boss on training visits to other stores I have had the pleasure of meeting diverse and engaging individuals that are a huge part of the company. I have also been blessed with being able to learn more about the people behind the scenes that make the company what it is. We have a great team of individuals that ensure that all of our needs are met in order to perform at a high level. This job does take dedication and hard work, however the more time you take to learn the product and engage with the customers, the greater your success.

Cons

To be honest I don't have many cons to working for this company. However others may find that earning commission can be difficult, however I believe that by educating themselves on the product, it can ease their mind and commission can be obtainable. Some may be disheartened by the lack of full time employment, however this can be offset by earning commission. Lastly others my not like the need to set up their displays and bring their supplies during each shift. I personally do not mind it.

Advice to Management

My best advice to management is to always stay positive with new employees and continue to create a strong effective team that others will enjoy being a part of.

Jun 14, 2016 – Director of Human Resources

Thank you for your time and opinions.

10. "Great Company to Work For"

Current Employee - Senior Trainner in Victorville, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Trainner in Victorville, CA

I have been working at SGN Nutrition full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun, Fast pace, and there is always someone to talk too. If your a people person how like to share information. Then this is the place for you.

Cons

Can be a little daunting for those who have a hard time with rejection. Nevertheless, it offers a unique opportunity to refine a person social skills.

Advice to Management

Require the use of, or provide, a comfort mat. This will help increase a individuals stamina on the work floor. It will also create a place of comfort in their work space.

Jun 14, 2016 – Director of Human Resources

Thank you for your suggestions. Best wishes for continued success.