SHARE NOW Reviews | Glassdoor

Olivier Reppert
  1. "Great Place to work"

Current Employee - General Manager

I have been working at SHARE NOW full-time for more than a year

Pros

My coworkers, the work I do, and the company I work for.

Cons

I can't really think of any. It's a lot of work, but that's to be expected when changing the world.

SHARE NOW2019-08-10

"Bad"

Current Employee - Operations

I have been working at SHARE NOW full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Decent benefits Good Paternity/Maternity Leave policy On-site company parking

Cons

It’s hard to decide where to begin with the cons, so the best I can do is to compare the operations of this company to the life & career of the Michael Jackson. Similar to MJ’s start as an adorable child star, we too were quite cute with our zippy little smart cars and sustainability platform, but as we rose to “fame” it became apparent that this company is managed by a bunch of Joe Jacksons. They abuse their... power by making decisions based on pride and politics rather than facts and implement ethically questionable initiatives riddled with hidden costs and fine print that lead to misstep after misstep. We entered the North American market as something fresh and new – the King of Carshare, if you will (there was not a comparable service at the time), and rather than progressing forward, we’ve moonwalked into becoming a stagnant, cumbersome, bad impersonation of a tech company. Due to horrific management, the board’s (located in Germany) extreme disinterest to learn anything about NA markets, and tone-deaf marketing (also controlled in Germany), we’re basically Michael Jackson’s nose after his 10th surgery – a superficial scrap of what was. There’s no undoing the mess that Germany has created in NA and if you’re paying attention, it’s apparent that they also aren’t interested in fixing the nose they botched. My best advice is to slip into a cozy pair of pajama pants and wait for the “Doctor” to administer a lethal dose of German ignorance.

Advice to Management

Your time would be better spent figuring out how to motivate the remaining NA workforce instead of figuring out who wrote this post. Perhaps HR can try to take an interest in nurturing the remaining employees by bringing back the small career development budget they secretly got rid of earlier this year? Maybe the Global CEO can pretend to care about NA by visiting our new office? Or maybe Global Comms, can stop... cherry-picking audience questions at the Global Townhalls and address the questions that people actually want to know? Maybe, just maybe, it’s time for the board to stop avoiding these issues and instead take a nice long hard look at the Man in the Mirror.

SHARE NOW2019-11-19

"DownNOW - SUNK!"

Current Employee - Member Services in Austin, TX

I have been working at SHARE NOW full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

New Office versus where we came from. The team I belong to would do anything for each other. I love the people I work with.

Cons

Germany is running this company. Customer Service has been farmed out oversees, marketing is controlled by Germany, Strategy is controlled by Germany, culture is controlled by Germany, HR operates not on our behalf but for Germany. Germany has ruined who we were and what I initially signed up for. We are always told half truths, and I have zero confidence in the people making decisions. Our culture is notNOW.

Advice to Management

The NA leadership team is non existent. Legal and HR have their issues from “dancing with stars” dreams to inter office romance priorities. The “fireside chat video” really explains our leadership and what they do, and upset many on our team. It is sad what has happened with this great company over the past 18 months. The worst part is what has happened to the member service NA team over the past 12 months. The... leadership in this group was always questionable due to lack of experience with emotional knee jerk reactions and gator tearful outburst. The decision to rename us ShareNOW is the biggest blunder of them all. Such a mistake. Big advice is that the management needs to leave and recognize that many things are beyond repair as long as you continue to hide and not address. So why do I still work here? I am just still here because of the benefits. My other half’s job pays well, but bad benefits. When the announcement happened about merger, we were guaranteed jobs. What a lie now with the surprise announcement of all these city closures. They strung us along with that promise, then months after merger, they do this. Was this part of the plan all along? They flew us to Berlin earlier this year and praised this company and our work. All along, planning for layoffs and closures. Typical move.

SHARE NOW2019-09-28

"car2go N.A. HQ - Member Services"

Current Employee - Member Services Associate in Austin, TX

I have been working at SHARE NOW full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great coworkers, fair pay, a progressive environmental vision, the option of 4 10 hour shifts week, and moving forward as SHARE NOW with the new Daimler/BMW joint mobility venture.

Cons

1 - car2go North America is shadowed by car2go Europe. 2 - Extremely repetitive work. 3 - Outdated tools and systems, accounting for example, that prevent basic processes from being carried out in a reasonable amount of time, often making members very upset, understandably.

Advice to Management

Bridge the gap between car2go N.A. and Europe and update our systems for efficiency, and to make our members happier.

SHARE NOW2019-03-29
  5. "I am very happy Here"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Berlin

I have been working at SHARE NOW full-time for less than a year

Pros

We are in great office space - office very nice and big and new!!!! Very good technical stack/modern. Good Developers and Good teams and are international Flexble home office policy - i like very much to work here.

Cons

Very hard to manage coffee machine - I need to learn €100 month share now credit is only able to use for drivers. It would be good for alternative for no driving license.

Advice to Management

Some more meet ups in new Berlin office or events for discussion on technology.

SHARE NOW2019-11-26
  6. "Helping Shape the future!"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Berlin

I have been working at SHARE NOW full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have been working at SHARE NOW for the past 6 months and I have been amazed at the autonomy given to me to complete my job and the creativity that is allowed. Also working for a company with such an ambitious goal is something I really value Management are empowering and the benefits are really great even though I hear they are being revamped for the better! SHARE NOW also realise that we are humans and... take work/life balance very seriously! For my personal situation this helps out alot.

Cons

Meeting rooms can sometimes be a pain and as with most companies growing and going at high speed there can be some growing pains but nothing I am worried about

Advice to Management

Keep the vision clear and keep on, keeping on!!

SHARE NOW2019-11-14