SHARK Reviews | Glassdoor

Markus Borlinghaus

"Cost accountant"

Former Employee - Cost Accountant in Newton, MA

I worked at SHARK full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Discount on merchandise, decent pay, management tries to do things to make employees happy. There was an annual bonus based on company/personal performance

Cons

Management had very poor communication. There wasn't a great team environment. Never felt like upper management truly cared for their lower level employees

Advice to Management

Be more transparent with your employees

SHARK2017-10-23

"Avoid joining Shark recruitment company -- good idea, very poor management"

Former Employee - Managing Director in Newcastle, England

I worked at SHARK full-time for more than a year

Pros

The basic concept is good. The original ideas about recruitment were good (but becoming out-dated). The ability to work within a company structure but be self employed is nice. The partners in the company were experienced and good people to work with (but all the good people sadly left).

Cons

It is hard to think about my time at SHARK and not get angry. The company has been made bankrupt through mis-management. Many staff left the company. Turnover is crazy high. All the promises made at the beginning before starting were not kept. There is no consideration for partners. The only goal for the company is to make the owner and CEO, and only him, money by any means possible. Investment seems to be an investment...

Advice to Management

I would love to give some advice to the CEO (this is the only management that has any influence in the firm) but he will completely ignore whatever I say anyway.

SHARK2017-04-27
  3. "Operations"

Former Employee - Back Office Support in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

I worked at SHARK

Pros

Excellent company, very good management and driving constantly for innovation. Moving forward in the interest of the business and clients.

Cons

The consultants who work for the company are responsible to drive and develop new incremental business. Most senior experienced partners with leadership careers in their past struggle significant to generate incremental new business and revenues. Now as they have to do it themselves over 80% of the consultants where not able to pull the success. Main reason why the company decided to change the go to market strategy and...

Advice to Management

Keep the new and current path going forward as it is correct and very successful. Employees and clients are delighted.

SHARK2017-02-23

"Grasping the opportunity to learn from C-level proffesionals"

Former Employee - Human Resources Manager in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

I worked at SHARK

Pros

Working on flexible schedule and being able to adapt my skills and interests to the core business of Shark was something I truly appreciated whilst working in Shark. I received enormous support and knowledge transfer from C-level professionals all around the world. Shark has an unique story and I was glad to be a part of it!

Cons

Being a part of Shark is only for somebody who has a self-starter attitude and an entrepreneurial spirit, as the company structure allows you to freely organize your tasks and responsibilities, so you have to invest a lot of your time and skills in order to succeed. But for me, it was worth it.

SHARK2017-02-20

"!!! DANGER WILL ROBINSON, DANGER !!!!!!!"

I worked at SHARK full-time

Pros

Colleagues within HQ are good and honest people, freedom to work in your own mannor. Working hours are somewhat acceptable.

Cons

Borlinghaus’s operation is like that of an infamous Donald Trump type character. Avoid Shark at all costs. Shark Group has been financially challenged to the point of bankruptcy for a long time. The upper echelon management are callous and extremely tactless and you WILL be deceived out of your MONEY whereby Borlinghaus will flaunt it in your face Their operation practices are an absolute joke and any identifiable...

Advice to Management

Borlinghaus need to be removed as CEO.

SHARK2016-12-18

"Promises not kept"

Current Employee - Senior Global Client Partner in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

I have been working at SHARK for more than a year

Pros

Lots of independence and possibility to run your work truly independently.

Cons

When I signed up with my contract a lot of promises was given about the massive and proactive support that I would be receiving from the mothership. This turned out to be only partially true. The support was there IF and WHEN I would pay for it. This was not however what we agreed upon.

SHARK2016-01-03

"The Shark Experience"

I worked at SHARK full-time for more than a year

Pros

The concept is a good one but totally fails in the execution.

Cons

The fictional sales pitch is forced upon everyone. Unfortunately only the CEO's opinion matters however strange that opinion is. The partners bring a lot of varied experience however their experience is always ignored because management know better.

Advice to Management

They badly need some management with experience.

SHARK2015-08-16
  8. "sale"

I have been working at SHARK full-time for more than a year

Pros

you take good salary in company

Cons

you have to hard working

SHARK2015-06-13
  9. "Senior Kunden Partner"

Current Employee - Leitender Kundenpartner in Munich, Bavaria

I have been working at SHARK for more than a year

Pros

Tolles Konzept, das sehr anders denkt als andere Personalabwerber und -vermittler. Sie helfen dabei, etwas zu konstruieren, das die Funktionsweise des Personalvermittlungsmarkts wirklich verändern könnte.

Cons

Man muss bereits sein, Spitzenleistungen zu erbringen, sonst ist man bei Shark falsch.

Advice to Management

Zusätzliche Werbung könnte dabei helfen, die Botschaft und die Marke von Shark mehr zu promoten, sodass die gute Arbeit und das Konzept auf dem Markt bekannter werden.

SHARK2014-09-09

"Gutes Konzept - aber extrem schlechtes Management."

Former Employee - Seir Client Partnere

I worked at SHARK for more than a year

Pros

Das Konzept (HR-Suche) ist interessant und die Infrastruktur ist sehr gut. Die Herangehensweise an den Markt ist deutlich anders, als bei anderen Headhuntern und sieht auf den ersten Blick überzeugend aus.

Cons

Austausch von Informationen und Kommunikation innerhalb Shark erfolgt im Stil von Nordkorea. CEO benimmt sich wie Putin und is unfähig auf Argumente zu hören, die nicht auf seiner Linie liegen und ist unfähig zu Kompromissen. Leute mit guten Ideen und konstruktiver Kritik werden niedergemacht und ausgemustert.

SHARK2014-02-12