SHC Universal Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.2
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • They will hire anybody on the spot (in 3 reviews)

• Read verbatim and not slow but also not to fast but clear (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • Not a very friendly work environment, not very diverse for being in the heart of a great diverse city, (in 8 reviews)

• s the kicker, even if you get an assigned seat and go on the phones, you can be sent home if you do not have any completed interviews (in 6 reviews)

1. "I currently work for a private company as a Customer Service Representative"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Brooklyn, NY
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at SHC Universal full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

In hopes to seek knowledge in the medical profession.

Cons

The only downside if the company fails to acknowledge hardworking employees who deserve an advanced position in their company.

Advice to Management

Keep an open mind to innovative concepts.

2. "Defunct"

Former Employee - Senior Operations Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Operations Manager in New York, NY

I worked at SHC Universal full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There truly were no positives about this employment experience beyond the paycheck unfortunately.

Cons

Extremely stressful with a constant push to meet impossible goals. Constant fingerpointing and Monday morning quarterbacking. No bonus for staff while management pocketed all profits. Unwillingness by management to spend money to give the staff what it needed to succeed.

Advice to Management

Let your managers actually DO their jobs.

3. "Interviewer"

Former Employee - Interviewer in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Interviewer in New York, NY

I worked at SHC Universal part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Its a learning experience and conducting the survey is the best part. Sometimes you would speak to people who will make your day with Jokes and their views on life. I loved it!!

Cons

A will categorize this place as a horrifying , toxic working environment. People are always talking about each other. Arguments on and off. I can't .

Advice to Management

More organization

4. "Former Customer Service Representative"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in New York, NY

I worked at SHC Universal part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They hire anybody literally. If you pass probation you are in. The trick is making sure you keep the client on the phone. To listen to survey. Read verbatim and not slow but also not to fast but clear. Had to keep up the pace because some of our clients had cell phone so you could not read like a turtle. In order to keep your job you just had to make sure you completed surveys with client before you went home.

Cons

No completed surveys for more then two days was grounds for termination. Low pay but you knew that once hired it was part time only. So many of us had second jobs. Closing October 2016.

Advice to Management

Thanks for giving me the opportunity. It was like family.

5. "Disrespect"

Current Employee - Telephone Interviewer in New York, NY

Pros

They will hire anybody on the spot

Cons

High School environment. Will only let the friends of floor supervisors work on a real schedule. No one to even complain to.

Advice to Management

Act like management. Just cause you get hired fast does give you the right to play with people lives. We not there for free

6. "Desperate"

Current Employee - Telephone Interviewer in New York, NY

Pros

They will hire you

Cons

Job is dirt I just knew they would hire me so I took it

Advice to Management

Drastic changes need to be made in how the show is ran

7. "Survey Caller"

Current Employee - Survey Caller in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Survey Caller in New York, NY

I have been working at SHC Universal part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Just for the extra money, which is $9/hr

Cons

Too many for 20 word minimum

"The Land of Loss Lots"

Former Employee - Telephone Interviewer in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Telephone Interviewer in New York, NY

Pros

The only pros to this job is that it is located.

Cons

Dear Prospective Applicants,
    I will do you a great service by providing essential information that you can either heed or ignore. The choice is yours. Now, in my experience, when a person is hired by a company and is scheduled to work, in a traditional work environment, they report to work and punch in. They are guaranteed the hours they are scheduled and paid accordingly.
    This employer does not adhere to those procedures.
    They hire more people than they have seating for. When you report to work if you have no assigned seating as per the seating log posted each day, you then sit in the break room and wait for seats to become available. So, you are scheduled to start at let us say 4:00pm, you punch in at that time, you are expected to wait for an assigned seat. Mind you, if you’ve punched in but was never placed on the phone you are not paid for whatever amount of time you were waiting for availability. Additionally, here’s the kicker, even if you get an assigned seat and go on the phones, you can be sent home if you do not have any completed interviews.
    Please, stop wasting people’s time. Time is money. It is reasonable to expect to spend money to make money but it is heartless to mislead people thinking they have a paying job when this job amounts to an on call job that expects you to come in when they have no guaranteed work for you. This is NYC, an expensive place to live, let alone commute back and forth; prospective job candidates would greatly appreciate it if this information is communicated during the interview process.
    This employer is so eager to hire more people than they can seat because whether or not you actually work any hours, they get a tax write off as long as you are a recipient of any type of public service. They treat their workers as if they have no worth unless a seat is available and even then, you are treated like gum on the employer’s shoe. If you live within walking distance to this business location, you won’t be at a loss for transportation money. Only in that case might it be worth a try. If not, keep looking for a legitimate job.

Advice to Management

This is a business and it should operate as such.

9. "Arduous"

Current Employee - Telephone Interviewer in New York, NY

I have been working at SHC Universal part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They hire anyone and the opportunity to work is there.

Cons

You have to complete surveys using cold calls. Many times if you have no or 1 survey you will be sent home early.

Advice to Management

Practice being professional.

10. "Not living up to it's potential"

Former Employee - Survey Specwriter in Bronx, NY
    Former Employee - Survey Specwriter in Bronx, NY

I worked at SHC Universal full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

In the heart of NYC, so there's a great potential for a diverse group of employees.