KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Technical Account Manager

60 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "I enjoy working here and the culture is great(in 89 reviews)
  • "Great people and teammates(in 74 reviews)
  • "Benefits were good but expensive.(in 55 reviews)
  • "Free food sometimes but its usually the same 10 choices and that gets old(in 33 reviews)
  • "SHI has a great training and onboarding Process(in 28 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of SHI International and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years
    Featured Review

Great culture in ITAM

Apr 26, 2022 - Director in Somerset, NJ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great positive team atmosphere, I work alongside good colleagues with a shared can do mindset.

Cons

PTO days should be improved

SHI International Response

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We are pleased that your overall experience at SHI is positive. Our atmosphere and communication have always been priorities for us and we hope you continue to be happy and successful at SHI in the future. If you would like to provide additional comments, please feel free to take this offline at SHIFeedback@shi.com which is a non-confidential alias.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Overall not a bad experience

Jun 18, 2022 - Enterprise Account Executive in Detroit, MI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great pay, flexibility, and people

Cons

Some rollouts and focuses do not fit every single customer in your book. No matter what upper leadership says

SHI International Response

Thank you for your feedback, we are pleased that your overall review of SHI was positive. If you would like to provide additional comments, please feel free to take this offline at SHIFeedback@shi.com which is a non-confidential alias.

3. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great entry level employer

Jul 6, 2022 - Account Executive in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fantastic opportunity for upward mobility

Cons

large enough company to be disorganized at times

4. 4.0
    Current Employee

Not bad

Jun 27, 2022 - Inside Account Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good people to work with

Cons

Very stressful line of work

SHI International Response

Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased that your overall review of SHI was positive, though we are disappointed you find your line of work stressful. There are many career opportunities available which you can see in our daily emails and on our internal HR site. If you would like to provide additional comments, please feel free to take this offline at SHIFeedback@shi.com which is a non-confidential alias.

5. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good to get started, low base pay

Jul 5, 2022 - Commercial Accountant in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company culture, great exposure to all Big manufacturers

Cons

Low base pay compared to industry standard, company benefits are not great either.

6. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good benefits

Jun 22, 2022 - Account Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits Small teams (1 manager & about 10AEs) High earning potential

Cons

Micromanage more than I would have liked Hard to slow down - work/life balance

SHI International Response

Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased that your overall review of SHI was positive, though we are disappointed you were not able to find the work/life balance you were looking for. If you would like to provide additional comments, please feel free to take this offline at SHIFeedback@shi.com which is a non-confidential alias.

7. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Think before you apply

Jun 16, 2022 - Account Receivable Specialist in Somerset, NJ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Company has Great Culture and managers are nice and friendly

Cons

The pay is way lower than the average market pay and work load is double and big ceiling for career advancement

SHI International Response

Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased that your overall review of SHI was positive. Though we’re disappointed you feel your advancement is limited. Please feel free to check out the daily career opportunities that are sent out via email or reach out to your manager. If you would like to provide additional comments, please feel free to take this offline at SHIFeedback@shi.com, which is a non-confidential email alias.

8. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Accounting

Jun 26, 2022 - Accounts Receivable Specialist in Somerset, NJ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits are good, good 401 k

Cons

Poor leadership and and management

SHI International Response

Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased that your overall review of SHI was good, and you find benefits particularly positive. Though we’re disappointed to hear you did not find management to be a pro. If you would like to provide additional comments, please feel free to take this offline at SHIFeedback@shi.com, which is a non-confidential email alias.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

SHI Inside Account Executive

Jun 12, 2022 - Public Sector Inside Sales Representative in Somerset, NJ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work from home Great environment Room for growth

Cons

Cold calls are sometimes a lot

SHI International Response

Thank you for your feedback, we are pleased that your overall review of SHI was positive. We take pride in our career advancement opportunities, and we’re grateful you find it to be favorable. All your comments and advice have been escalated to management and will help us continually improve our work environment. If you would like to provide additional comments, please feel free to take this offline at SHIFeedback@shi.com which is a non-confidential alias.

10. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 10 years

Senior Project Manager

Jun 25, 2022 - Senior Project Manager in Somerset, NJ
    Business Outlook

Pros

most of the people are fantastic

Cons

unfortunately senior management plays to much politics; pay is low not industry competitive

SHI International Response

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We are disappointed your time here was not totally positive. We have escalated your comments to upper management and wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors. If you would like to continue the conversation offline, please feel free to email us at SHIFeedback@shi.com which is a non-confidential alias.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,108 Reviews

SHI International Reviews FAQs

SHI International has an overall rating of 3.4 out of 5, based on over 1,131 reviews left anonymously by employees. 56% of employees would recommend working at SHI International to a friend and 52% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -4% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, SHI International employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.0 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at SHI International. This rating has decreased by -7% over the last 12 months.

56% of SHI International employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated SHI International 3.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.4 for culture and values and 3.5 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at SHI International to be