SHI International Reviews

Updated Jun 29, 2020

3.6
SHI International President and CEO Thai Lee
Thai Lee
Pros
  • "Free Lunches ( pretty much the only perk )(in 39 reviews)

• "Fun culture, fun people, free food(in 35 reviews)

Cons
  • "A handful of condescending upper management sprinkled in with some amazing management, so it's hit or miss(in 31 reviews)

• "Gossip central in the contracts department and low pay(in 29 reviews)

"Wonderful Company with Many Opportunities"

Former Employee - Inside Account Executive in Austin, TX

I worked at SHI International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I worked at SHI for 4 years and am so thankful for the opportunity. I hadn't ever cold called or been in sales at all prior to. Their on-boarding and training programs are well thought-out and easy to follow. The managers are there to help you and do truly care. SHI has a big promote from within culture so most of the managers used to be the role you are in now. The culture of the Austin office is absolutely amazing, very inclusive, and makes it enjoyable to be at work. I highly recommend SHI and would work for them again.

Cons

At the time, we were given 1 work from home day per week. This was nice, but there just wasn't much flexibility given. As I grew more senior I really loved my wfh days because I actually accomplished more than being at my desk (less distractions, etc). This really isn't a con if you are okay with going into an office everyday.

2. COVID-19

"good company, would wait until after covid to apply."

Former Employee - Account Executive in Austin, TX

I worked at SHI International full-time for more than a year

Pros

good training, lower than expected turnover for a sales company. Had some great managers who really made the job worth it.

Cons

your experience at the company will vary depending on your manager. Lack of visibility into upper managments plans, having to make important career decision with minimal time to consider.

Continue reading

"Great Company to Develop Yourself!"

Former Employee - Corporate Recruiting Specialist in Austin, TX

I worked at SHI International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I've made some of my best friends of my life at this company. The culture is second-to-none. The CEO believes in long-term success vs short-term answers, and has built a management team around her that mirrors that mentality. Being a VAR in the IT industry means you adapt quickly to the market, which is why SHI has always experienced growth. I would highly recommend the company to anyone and would gladly go back to work there if the right position were presented to me.

Cons

Things are always shifting around, usually for the better, but you have to anticipate that and don't get too comfortable.

4. "Not a bad first job"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Account Manager in Somerset, NJ

I have been working at SHI International full-time

Pros

Laid back, not much pressure to hit numbers

Cons

Low salary, poor management, long days

5. "Great Company"

Former Employee - Strategic Account Executive

I worked at SHI International full-time for more than a year

Pros

A lot of opportunity to grow your career. As a Strategic AE, you are essentially running your own business so think of the opportunity as "what would you do" in order to be profitable as well as customer oriented with the goal to become the main point of contact for your clients.

Cons

Emerging partners that may not be vetted as of yet so pricing would be difficult to acquire in order to be competitive.

6. "Account Executive"

2.0
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Somerset, NJ

I worked at SHI International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Work from home support is good

Cons

Unreasonable expectations at times make it difficult

7. "Great first job"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Austin, TX

I have been working at SHI International full-time for more than a year

Pros

I think shi has been a great opportunity to grow professionally. Culture is great for a sales organization. People are helpful and the organization strives to win together.

Cons

With a young sales force there is some degree of micromanaging, but it’s not too bad. Base salary is a tad low.

Continue reading

"Good Intentions but Constant Change"

Current Employee - Inside Account Executive in Austin, TX

I have been working at SHI International full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Incredible CEO and GM. Pay is uncapped. Lots of learning and training. You can go from knowing absolutely nothing about IT, to eventually becoming a specialist, technical advisor, engineer, business development manager, channel account manager, etc. There is a huge community of people to support you if ever needed (countless Go Fund Me's over the years). Wins are celebrated. It is easy to meet people and make friends. You get the chance to network within the IT industry.

Cons

Inconsistent leadership and asks. The focus shifts on a weekly or monthly basis. It is very political. Management sells our time to partners, and it results in them trying to take control of our calendars; this distracts from the actual job and tasks at hand. The comp structure has changed multiple times, and quotas always seem too high or difficult to attain. There is INFORMATION OVERLOAD, and it seems few people in management have bothered taking classes in psychology or emotional/mental health. The job is extremely stressful and they would prefer you to be about quantity over quality. I'm exhausted.

Continue reading
  9. "Immaturity at its worst"

1.0
    Former Employee - Contracts in Somerset, NJ

I worked at SHI International full-time for less than a year

Pros

Laptop, perks such as free food, and young co-workers

Cons

Gossip central in the contracts department and low pay

Continue reading

"Easy to get a job and it's money so, whatever."

Former Employee - Inside Sales Account Manager in Austin, TX

I worked at SHI International full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people you work with are generally people's people, so they are mostly outgoing, fun, and upbeat. The vendors pay for a lot of happy hours and lunches, so that was nice. Their training program is exceptional, and if you sold a lot, you could make pretty good money. Oh, and through selling a lot, you could make contacts at other companies that could provide better opportunities.

Cons

Cubicles all day, every day and a bit of micromanagement. They also weren't very supportive of personal growth outside the company. Also, you are expected to generate leads (cold call) then grow the account, and although they do provide good training, you still have to be on the phone all day every day. Low salary pay if you don't sell. Did I mention cubicles?

Found 650 reviews