SHI International Reviews | Glassdoor

SHI International Reviews

Updated August 16, 2017

Current Employees

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Work life balance is also great fantastic (in 15 reviews)

• Free food on occasion from Vendors (in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • There is not a lot of room for growth, and often the company hires less qualified people to positions in order to pay less (in 12 reviews)

• low pay, not much incentive to work hard unless in sales (in 20 reviews)

"Corp AE"

Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at SHI International full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You are your own small business owner; all personality types can be successful and have the option to find clients that click with them personally; comp plan is solid and quota is set in stone for several years upon hiring; privately held so quite nimble with emerging techs

Cons

As top female minority owned company in the country, 95% of the corporate management is men...

Advice to Management

As we continue to grow at this insane pace, be sure to keep the heart of the culture.

"Great company, fantastic opportunity"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Austin, TX

I have been working at SHI International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

making our customer's lives easier
    building relationships with customers
    Good culture
    growth, growth, growth
    ability to run your own business

Cons

too many metrics (metrics on how you're doing on metrics crosses the line)

Internal IT is really bad, they genuinely make everyone's job more difficult than it needs to be.

CRM is not useful, wastes a lot of time

shi.com is a really bad website

Marketing team is not very good at marketing, but great at hosting SHI events

Advice to Management

keep up the constant improvement but maintain the culture that makes this such a great place to work.

Invest in better IT support and tools. On a daily basis I am surprised by how many people have IT problems but none of them are ever addressed- crappy laptops, outlook issues and CRM all need fixing.

3. "Great company with good values"

I have been working at SHI International full-time

Pros

Tons of opportunities
    Reasonable hours
    flexible

Cons

depends on department but:
    not enough team members
    over worked
    otherwise there really aren't any.

4. "low base pay"

I have been working at SHI International full-time

Pros

great atmosphere
    laid back
    casual environment

Cons

very low salary
    no work from home days

"Inside Account Manager"

I have been working at SHI International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The culture, for me, is amazing. People are genuinely friendly on a large scale & it is not uncommon to receive a smile or friendly head nod just while walking to the elevator or kitchen.

Dress code is casual which I love because some Mondays after a long weekend, you just want to throw on jeans and sneakers and run out the door. I don't think one should test their luck (every team is different) but jeans and a Polo will do just fine here (Ladies please translate your equivalent lol).

Overall great vibes here. There is corporate workplace drama like everywhere else and I've seen/heard the whispers that go on, but it' in no way sets the tone or negatively influences the overall atmosphere much. If you're not about that you'll barely notice it.

Cons

World Class Customer service turns into some sort of perverted obsession when they expect employees to come in during blizzards and such. Relax. Its not worth the risk to your life or well being to travel to work unless your work is saving other lives (i.e) Nurses, doctors, fireman, EMT, police officers, etc. We're not saving the world lol.

Low Pay. This is my biggest gripe. The company makes way to much money and making more ever year by relatively large percentages. We work in tech so we should be up on the times. In 2017, no one working in this field should be making less than 50k per year. SHI starts you around 30 for this position.

Advice to Management

Pay Better
    Value employees more than customers and partners (not the equally). Your employees will value the customers- they are the representative anyway.

Do this and this place will be ranked on best places to work in the country.

"Fun environment. Great job for new graduates."

I have been working at SHI International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people are young and fun. If you get put on a good account you can make good money. If not, it won't be much fun.

Cons

Not a very professional work environment. I worked there when I got out of college and loved it but I don't think it's a company to stay at very long.

7. "SHI has been great to me"

I have been working at SHI International full-time

Pros

SHI provides you with the opportunity to learn and grow. The environment and culture is refreshing and makes you want to put your best effort in.

Cons

Business continuity plans can be better taken advantage of.

8. "SHI Sales Support Specialist"

I have been working at SHI International full-time

Pros

-Great company culture
    -Great employees and management
    -Pay is okay

Cons

-Job can be very stressful at times
    -Pay is okay.. not great

Advice to Management

They are doing good. Higher up management could be more involved with lower status individuals in the company

9. "Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at SHI International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

In public sector, SHI has great contracts for agencies and government entities to purchase products and services. Positive atmosphere and well-tenured sales staff. Trying to evolve from a VAR/LAR to a complete IT solutions firm, so the long-term strategy seems correct. Uncapped commissions.

Cons

Unorganized as it relates to the "go-to-market" strategy for solutions. Your success is impacted heavily by the territory you will be working. No base salary, 100% commission. Growing pains around new solutions strategy.

Advice to Management

Recognize the push to complete IT solutions with services is necessary and applauded but the sales cycle will change when focusing less on transnational type business. This will impact the business model of SHI significantly and comp plans need to be updated.

10. "meh"

Current Employee - Accounts Receivable Specialist
    Current Employee - Accounts Receivable Specialist

I have been working at SHI International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My direct coworkers are awesome and my Supervisor is very level headed and laid back

Cons

Sales reps treat accounting like enemies, HR treats you like another number If you have any issues that need to be resolved. Need to have perfect health to get a decent healthcare cost, the hours or horrible, could we start an hour earlier please!?

Advice to Management

Be more flexile with accountings hours, get rid of HRA's, have HR treat ppl like they matter when there is an issue, let support groups be part of vendor events and accounting would score higher on best places to work reviews!