KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

SHI International

Engaged Employer

SHI International

Add a Review

SHI International Employee Reviews about "food"

Updated Aug 9, 2022

Technical Account Manager

62 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great people and teammates(in 88 reviews)
  • "I enjoy working here and the culture is great(in 79 reviews)
  • "Benefits were good but expensive.(in 51 reviews)
  • "SHI has a great training and onboarding Process(in 36 reviews)
  • "Free food sometimes but its usually the same 10 choices and that gets old(in 30 reviews)
Cons
  • "Low pay but equal for everyone.(in 83 reviews)
  • "Base salaries are low and can be difficult to ramp especially in major metro areas.(in 68 reviews)
  • "Can easily find yourself stuck with horrible management and they will make you feel like an easily replaceable employee.(in 44 reviews)
  • "Upper Management is Ageist(in 37 reviews)
  • "Reps or direct managers have little to no control over avoiding these tactics.(in 36 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of SHI International and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "food"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Inside Account Manager Job

Jan 11, 2021 - Inside Account Manager in Somerset, NJ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of free food from clients

Cons

Monotonous environment Possibility of growth is low

2. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Excellent Start For Sales Career

Dec 29, 2019 - Inside Account Executive in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Training program is incredibly thorough -Genuinely supportive managers -Motivated work environment -Free food often

Cons

-Takes about a year to make money

1 person found this review helpful
  3. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Learnt a lot over the course of 5 Years

Jun 6, 2013 - Inside Sales Account Manager in Somerset, NJ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Its a mixed staff. Always friendly..work events and lots of free food! Management always ready to help. This is definitely a good place to start. They hire and promote from within so always good for you.

Cons

Forget about having plans on month end ...or quarter end or year end ( December 31st). You could be stuck at work till 11 at night. It can get mundane after a while..

4. 4.0
    Former Employee

Inside Account Manager

Aug 25, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in Somerset, NJ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great job to get experience. Free food on occasion from Vendors. Comprehensive introduction to technology sales

Cons

It's a tad difficult but then again I was immature at the time I had the job. The only thing I remember not liking is that they keep you there for long hours during the training.

5. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Awesome start in sales!

Nov 16, 2016 - Inside Sales Account Manager in Somerset, NJ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great job to start a career in sales. Young and energetic environment. The work itself is really not that difficult as long as you aren't extremely lazy (which some people are). TONS of free food and give aways. This may seem like not a big deal but trust me you miss this when you are buying lunch for $10 a piece everyday. Work life balance is also great fantastic.

Cons

Management can be hit or miss. I saw some managers who didn't care as much as others. I was fortunate enough my manager knew how to motivate us and get the most out of us.

6. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Don't Do It

Feb 14, 2018 - Account Executive in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Free food sometimes but its usually the same 10 choices and that gets old

Cons

Getting paid $27,500 a year is dog crap. You can make twice that at Wendy's and you don't even need a degree. Plus everyone you work with is making 30K and they complain so enjoy making less. When interviewed they tell you to come business professional but the girls interviewing you are dress casual. How can you take it seriously when 5yr old at church has more class than them. It's even worst on casual Fridays. Frankly I see it as totally insulting. Be sure to know how to make a paper airplane because that is also part of their process as well. This place is a giant High School where they treat you as if you are in elementary school. Hope you like making pointless presentations. Every 4 months or so we have to give them to management and its the worst. Ask anyone on the floor what they think and they'll let you know how much they dread that stuff. Nobody ever puts their "new skills" to the test after either. Its completely pointless and interferes with your sales/money. The most unproductive day is when we have presentations. 90% of your day you deal with BS. It will come from management or your customers. Read the contract you sign because its definitely not in your favor. If you lose your Laptop or if it gets stolen, you have to pay for it. This is understandable, but you will actually be paying $200 more than what SHI gets them for. They actually make a profit from this. The laptop cost a little over 2k and that is a good chunk of your 27k paycheck.

5 people found this review helpful

SHI International Response

Vice President, Corp

It sounds like you have a significant amount of frustration so I encourage you to schedule time with your Director or with me so we can restart a productive dialogue with you. We believe that repetition and practice are the prerequisite to mastery, and our customers deserve the best possible articulation of our capabilities. Thus, I view our practice sessions to be invaluable. Our recruiting process is based on industry best practices and foundational psychology to ensure we hire the best employees. We issue high quality laptops to ensure our employees success, and adhere to standard corporate policies around negligence regarding company property. Lastly, if you aren’t receiving the standard base salary, please address with you manager to correct that with payroll.

7. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Poor Environment

Oct 6, 2021 - Account Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Free food from partners and swag

Cons

Poor atmosphere, it’s a boys club for drinking.

3 people found this review helpful
  8. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great Culture...for now

May 16, 2016 - Manager in Somerset, NJ
    Business Outlook

Pros

No micro-management and freedom to build your team. Financially strong company and still growing. Plenty of room to advance. Great perks and events. Plenty of free food and vendor SWAG.

Cons

CEO tends to listen to outsider perspective more than internal experienced employees. Pay is not always market rate. Support managers often make less than some of their employees. The sales organizations are in silos resulting in significant resource overlap and confusion to sales reps, partners and subsequently customers.

1 person found this review helpful