Cover image for SHI International

SHI International

Engaged Employer

SHI International

Add a Review

SHI International Employee Reviews about "lot of money"

Updated Jul 21, 2021

77 Comments

Tech

578K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=SHI International~14216
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about SHI International? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with SHI International employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "I enjoy working here and the culture is great(in 90 reviews)
  • "Great people and teammates(in 89 reviews)
  • "Benefits were good but expensive.(in 59 reviews)
  • "SHI has a great training and onboarding Process(in 35 reviews)
  • "Free food sometimes but its usually the same 10 choices and that gets old(in 32 reviews)
Cons
  • "Low pay but equal for everyone.(in 93 reviews)
  • "Low salary and unless you’re in leadership they make it pretty obvious they think everyone is replaceable.(in 71 reviews)
  • "Poor management, demanding work expectations(in 45 reviews)
  • "Reps or direct managers have little to no control over avoiding these tactics.(in 40 reviews)
  • "Upper Management is Ageist(in 39 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of SHI International and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "lot of money"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 3.0
    Current Employee

Inside Account Executive

Aug 12, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The training when you first start at SHI is unlike any other sales organization. There is also a lot of potential to make good money at a young age.

Cons

Hiring too many people too fast- you start to feel like just a number. Culture is not what it used to be.

1 person found this review helpful
  2. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Lots of Opportunity

Nov 7, 2017 - Account Executive in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Great company to start your career -Fun culture -Excellent training if you make the most of it -If you put the work in you can make a lot of money

Cons

-Upper management changes things a lot at a moments notice

Be the first to find this review helpful
  3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Place to Start a Career!

May 24, 2021 - Human Resources Communication Manager in Somerset, NJ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great for entry-level candidates who want to take advantage of the promote from within policy and explore different career paths

Cons

There are some people who make a lot of money for the company but are unnecessarily nasty to others

Be the first to find this review helpful
  4. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good culture, good compensation if you are smart and willing to work hard.

Feb 9, 2015 - Senior Inside Account Executive in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good compensation if you're smart and willing to work hard. There are definitely a lot of reps that will not make it at SHI - some for lack of effort, some for lack of talent. The job is not easy, but it's do-able and if you can cut it you can make a lot of money.

Cons

Rapid growth = growing pains, but there's also a lot of opportunity for advancement. Cold calling can be mundane, and make no mistake about it, this job is all cold calling in the beginning, but as you cultivate your business the cold calling will minimize and it's more about maintaining relationships. SHI throws A LOT at you, the mission can feel confused and distracted at times.

3 people found this review helpful
  5. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great company for an entry level position - but almost no growth opportunities

Apr 25, 2018 - Account Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

I absolutely loved the people. You can make a LOT of money if you play the work politics right and are dedicated.

Cons

Some management is there so help you succeed but the rest only care about money money money. If you are not a "top rep" you are completely ignored. They are CONSTANTLY making management changes as well as changes in reporting and tracking deals - between that and either being out in the field ALL DAY it ends up being a 12 hour workday and they expect you to want to do that. I get at the beginning you have to grind but after you have your account base and are hitting quota there is still an EXTREME focus on micro management. To the point where I had to leave the company. There is zero trust among management and employees. They used to make us field reps get on a call EVERY morning at 8:00am just to "make sure we were awake". That was the final straw for me! Also admin work takes up at least 2 hours of your day and your manager wonders why you cant make 12 meetings a week - which is near impossible when you live in a big city and it takes hours to get from appointment to appointment. It is an old boys club and there is very little room for upward movement unless you are a white male.

3 people found this review helpful

SHI International Response

Vice President, Corp

Thank you for your feedback. It’s regrettable that we were not able to have productive conversations with you on these topics before you left SHI. I agree with you regarding the amazing PEOPLE at SHI. We are fortunate to work with so many dedicated, smart, helpful and engaging people. As we scale into a multi-billion dollar organization, we certainly have our work cut out for us. And I know we will continue to be successful in those endeavors in large part because of the quality of people that you referenced in your first statement. Please note the following: • We continue to work with everyone in leadership roles at SHI to improve their level of communication, care and professionalism. • Our leadership team continues to diversify (by race and also by gender) • We continue to improve the quality of our CRM platform on a monthly basis • We believe strongly in the principles of “sales execution” which call for an ongoing dialogue between sales reps and sales management regarding goals and dual-sided accountability

6. 5.0