KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

SHI International

Engaged Employer

SHI International

Add a Review

SHI International Employee Reviews about "pay"

Updated Aug 11, 2022

Technical Account Manager

62 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great people and teammates(in 86 reviews)
  • "I enjoy working here and the culture is great(in 84 reviews)
  • "Benefits were good but expensive.(in 56 reviews)
  • "SHI has a great training and onboarding Process(in 33 reviews)
  • "Free food sometimes but its usually the same 10 choices and that gets old(in 32 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of SHI International and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "pay"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good company coming out of college.

Oct 30, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

SHI is great to meet some good friends and is a good place to start your career after college.

Cons

Burnout tends to happen quicker and more often than normal. They have a school ish mindset and treat you like a kid rather than an adult. Little flexibility and they make up the low base pay for the “culture” here.

4 people found this review helpful
  2. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Satisfied

Jun 27, 2014 - Inside Sales Account Manager in Somerset, NJ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great work culture. Laid back depending on your manager. Room for growth if you put in the effort to stand out. Busy enough so you're not bored, but not so busy that you're overworked.

Cons

Very young workplace. Over 30 is overage in the Inside sales position (Entry Level). Low pay but equal for everyone.

2 people found this review helpful
  3. 2.0
    Former Employee

Terrible Pay

Feb 14, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

work with other young people

Cons

they hire a ton of people out of college who can't find a job and don't pay them fair wages

3 people found this review helpful
  4. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Understaffed, undervalued, and underpaid

Apr 21, 2022 - Inside Account Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Since going Hybrid, none. The only pro I had previously was the ability to work from home full time.

Cons

Severely understaffed in my department and turnover rate is getting worse. Feel undervalued and doesn't feel like the company cares. Base pay is extremely low and not competitive at all. Constantly overworks their employee within Inside Sales.

4 people found this review helpful

SHI International Response

I appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. We believe there is always room for improvement which is why we take the time to read all the reviews and request feedback frequently through our internal surveys. We understand salary and not feeling valued are your highest concerns right now and will escalate your comments to senior management. In the meantime, please take a look at our daily career emails that can help you find something better suited for you. We hope you are able to create a wonderful career at SHI. If you would like to continue the conversation offline, please feel free to email us at SHIFeedback@shi.com which is a non-confidential alias.

5. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Sinking Ship

Aug 3, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

In past years, fair compensation for hard work.

Cons

Compensation has been cut drastically, and the restructuring has led to chaos. More work than is possible for one person to do with less pay than years prior. No work life balance. Senior Leadership disconnected from day to day activity, resulting in uninformed decisions.

11 people found this review helpful
  6. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Not great and here's why

Aug 9, 2022 - Integration Center Technician II in Piscataway, NJ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Free food, and more free food Co workers ok

Cons

Some bosses micromanage too hard. Don't they have better things to do? Also like 5+ cameras looking at your every move. I cant even pick my nose without someone noticing me. Pay is so extremely low its almost laughable. For example, most technicians in the integration center warehouse start at $30-39K/year and thats after a 1 month temp position with even lower pay if youre lucky to be hired. Like wow the cost of living and inflation has gone up the past year or two and they still can't give us enough pay to live. Also if you have a certification like comptia A+ you only get a 1K salary increase. Pretty lowball if you consider the time and cost of getting a cert. I also asked management for a RAISE and was DENIED despite doing extra work they asked me to do, and voluntarily coming in early and staying late. Why doesnt management or HR provide decent pay raises for hard working, loyal employees. I started out here at $30K/year and 3 years later I still some how dont make $50K despite working hard for more. The company also boasts about amazing profits in the billions and other stuff too. Pay discrepancy is BAD. They tell us every annual review not to discuss salaries with others despite it being federally protected to discuss wages. It probably means they know that they are paying fair workers unevenly and not their worth. Another example, an employee got promoted from tech I to tech II and only got a 2K raise, which was like less than 5% raise from his/her previous salary. Even my team lead is barely making $50K/year and he has a ton of responsibilities to do. What??? We definitely deserve more. Retention at the integration center is bad. Over my tenure I have seen 20+ people either quit or go some where else just because of the pay alone. Most people just use SHI as a stepping stone and then leave for better IT work. And I feel a bit sorry for the techs who stayed 10+ years here unless they some how got a manager role which is super duper tough given the promotion track of the integration center warehouse.

3 people found this review helpful
  7. 3.0
    Current Employee

Great for new college grads, not a fit for those with experience

Aug 7, 2016 - IAE in Piscataway, NJ
    Business Outlook

Pros

The work life balance and casual attire are two very big pros with this company. The department I'm in also has laid-back management as long as you're working as your supposed to. Great co-workers and atmosphere. You can move internally to different positions after a year.

Cons

The salary: low base pay and it takes much longer than you're told to build your book of business. Making a $30k base in NJ doesn't exactly pay the bills. The commission structure makes it difficult to make money unless you're selling products that are spiffed, and with a vendor agnostic outlook you can't over push your customers to buy spiffed products. Margin minimums rise after a year while the percentage you make drops, making it even more difficult to make money with a seasonal customer base. DO NOT take this job if you're taking a pay cut on your base to do so!!! Even moving internally to a non-sales based position will not give you the salary you're looking for.

1 person found this review helpful
  8. 2.0
    Current Employee

Great workplace, bad growth

Dec 16, 2019 - IT Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

Workplace is a joy to work in with constant free lunches and a good vibe

Cons

Little room for growth in some departments and low base pay.

2 people found this review helpful
  9. 3.0
    Former Employee

Good Experience but limited growth

Oct 28, 2021 - Inside Account Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great first job out of college and learned a lot of techniques I still use today

Cons

Base pay is very low and raises are low as well

Be the first to find this review helpful