Cover image for SHI International

SHI International

Engaged Employer

SHI International

Add a Review

SHI International Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Nov 21, 2021

77 Comments

Tech

580.6K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=SHI International~14216
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about SHI International? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with SHI International employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "I enjoy working here and the culture is great(in 90 reviews)
  • "Great people and teammates(in 89 reviews)
  • "Benefits were good but expensive.(in 59 reviews)
  • "SHI has a great training and onboarding Process(in 35 reviews)
  • "Free food sometimes but its usually the same 10 choices and that gets old(in 32 reviews)
Cons
  • "Low pay but equal for everyone.(in 93 reviews)
  • "Low salary and unless you’re in leadership they make it pretty obvious they think everyone is replaceable.(in 71 reviews)
  • "Poor management, demanding work expectations(in 45 reviews)
  • "Reps or direct managers have little to no control over avoiding these tactics.(in 40 reviews)
  • "Upper Management is Ageist(in 39 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of SHI International and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 4.0
    Current Employee

Great place to work !

Aug 9, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- uncapped potential - all about the relationship building - great work/life balance

Cons

- benefits aren’t as great as they should be - big corporation

2. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Inside Sales Account Manager,

Jan 17, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great first job out of college where you can truly learn the ins and outs of the IT industry, friendly co-workers

Cons

Work life balance is non-existent, micromanagement is rampant, and office politics run the show.

3. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Do one year in inside sales and leave/move up.

Jul 6, 2022 - Pre-Sales Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Lots of very small perks and some bigger ones. -Once you leave sales you get to enjoy a nice work/life balance - Little to no stress as a pre-sales specialist -Very easy to move up. Management is very happy to help you more forward with your career, even if you don't plan to stay with SHI the are very accommodating. I am interested in going back to school while I work and my managers are very helpful even knowing that I may not stay with the company. As long as it doesn't effect my work they will work with you. I am much more fairly compensated in presales then I was in sales. I didn't really get a raise but the stress level is basically zero as a specialist. Everyone is much friendly and you get a much more manageable work load.

Cons

Sales for the most part sucks unless you love customer service. Its high stress and if you don't do well in training they don't place you on the best teams. If you don't get placed on a good team you don't get very good commissions. The company does a great job trying to diversify but there are still large pockets of the company that are noticeably young white and almost frat like.It is very easy to move up but like with any other company don't expect a very big bump in pay. What usually happens is you'll get your yearly raise that you'd normally get at the end of the year based on your performance.

SHI International Response

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We are pleased to hear your experience is positive. We take pride in our internal career growth opportunities and we’re happy that you have found a position that works for you. Your candid comments and suggestions about Inside Sales and the overall environment are appreciated, and we will escalate them to upper management. We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors. If you would like to provide additional comments, please feel free to take this offline at SHIFeedback@shi.com which is a non-confidential alias.

4. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Awesome start in sales!

Nov 16, 2016 - Inside Sales Account Manager in Somerset, NJ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great job to start a career in sales. Young and energetic environment. The work itself is really not that difficult as long as you aren't extremely lazy (which some people are). TONS of free food and give aways. This may seem like not a big deal but trust me you miss this when you are buying lunch for $10 a piece everyday. Work life balance is also great fantastic.

Cons

Management can be hit or miss. I saw some managers who didn't care as much as others. I was fortunate enough my manager knew how to motivate us and get the most out of us.

5. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Nice corporate job

Feb 8, 2021 - Operations Specialist in Somerset, NJ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very good teamwork and cool calm and collect work environment

Cons

work life balance not the best

6. 4.0
    Current Employee

Great place to start your career in IT

Dec 2, 2020 - Account Executive in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent training/development, great benefits, love the people and culture, honest commission structure

Cons

Work life balance can be challenging