SITA Reviews | Glassdoor

1.0
SITA CEO Barbara Dalibard
Barbara Dalibard

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great Place to work/ good work life balance (in 25 reviews)

• Good Benefits, autonomy to complete your job as necessary with in company/departmental procedures (in 24 reviews)

Cons

"Sad because of what could be....."

Current Employee - Engineer in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Engineer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at SITA full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Pay is on time and access to good health Insurance is provided. If you are looking for a paycheck and not much more SITA will provide accommodate.

Cons

If you are looking for a place to grow this is not the place for you. You will encounter inept management that prioritize senority over effectiveness. SITA has been exploring the sale of its dysfunctional Passenger Solution Line but was forced to break off negotiations because an agreement could not be reached. The plan going forward is to spin off the division as it's own entity with the same folks leading the effort. Much of management is very close to retirement. The holdover mindset and sense of urgency from SITA's nonprofit Co-op days remain. Status quo is the norm and accountability is nonexistent. As far as career development lip service is about far as it goes. Promotions are often blocked so as to keep high performers in place to buoy group metrics.

Advice to Management

Force early retirement to senior managers in PSL.

"Toxic and hostile work environment!!"

Pros

Mall is across the street.

Cons

Toxic work environment!! Micro management from top down. Incompetent management at all levels. Back stabbing and horrible politics. Silos, no communication across teams. Finger pointing on outage calls. HR Staff is useless and condescending, filed complaints and got no help. Outsourcing to inexperienced and lazy companies, who don't speak english.

Advice to Management

Fire HR Managers and review your policies. Fire your management staff and bring in new staff. Good luck, you are the titanic of IT Travel companies your competition is on your heels.

SITA Response

Mar 7, 2017 – SVP, Human Resources

I’m sorry to hear about your frustration with the company. I take feedback about our leadership culture and investment in people very seriously. While we can always do more, we’ve been encouraged by... More

"Terrible place to work"

Former Employee - Analyst in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Analyst in Atlanta, GA

I worked at SITA full-time

Pros

Sita has good benefits - medical, dental, 401K, and covered parking

Cons

Sita has more people managing, and few people working- so nothing gets done correctly. Managers seem to be on a mission to discredit employees - even when they are good workers. This is to help them have a bell curve during review time. HR always supports management 100%. The quality of products that we sell to customers, always have problems. No one knows how to solve the problem because they are pointing their finger at someone else. Believe this happens because there is a separation of work-groups. No one is allowed to know what the other groups do. Therefore there are only a few people at Sita that can see the big picture. It is hard to trouble shoot or even function when you only know a small piece of the puzzle.

Advice to Management

Please train and hire people who know the job. It is necessary that more people "UNDERSTAND" the complete system, or no one will find an answer as to why all of our products are failing. At 1 time Sita was respected in the airline industry. Now all of our airlines are moving to other providers. Better to have better quality, or Sita will go away. Also, Sita does not promote from within. They hire managers right off the street.

SITA Response

Sep 28, 2016 – President, Americas

Thank you for your frank review. A number of issues you raise don’t make for easy reading and I take this sort of feedback seriously. Picking up on one of your points, I agree that it’s important for... More

"Industry knowledge?"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Syosset, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Syosset, NY

I worked at SITA full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Working in the air transport IT industry is unique and exciting.

Cons

Industry knowledge not rewarded. Too many technical decisions are made by non-technical management.

Advice to Management

Change the ratio and adapt.

"Ashamed to have this company on my resume"

Former Employee - Site Administrator (Computer Software Engineer) in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

Descent co-workers. A couple of OK benefits.

Cons

Being asked to hide things from the customer and being disciplined if you don't. Management. Parking. Hours. Pay.

Advice to Management

You can't give advice to corrupt people that condone and nurture corruption.

"Too much re-org"

I worked at SITA full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Travel the world and meet new cultures
    learn from other cultures

Cons

No value of your work
    you are suppose to contribute, but to take the loss of management

Advice to Management

stop hiding the lost of revenue on re-org

"The is GREAT company to work for!"

Former Employee - Systems Support Analyst in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Systems Support Analyst in Atlanta, GA

I worked at SITA full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

One of the major Pros for me was the fact that I was constantly learning new forms of technology. After the training period ended, you really hit the ground running which I enjoyed.
    The pay is excellent also.

Cons

Major cons of working at this company are:
    1. The fact that you are NOT going to get promoted. I was there for a VERY, LONG TIME and was basically in the SAME, EXACT SEAT I was when I began. Absolutely NO ROOM for advancement!
    2. Racists. There are stints of racism in upper management making it hard for people of color to move up within the company.
    3. No sense of loyalty to associates. They will run you over the bus about the least little thing. No matter how long you've been with the company 1 year or 50 years, there is no loyalty for NOTHING! Period.

Advice to Management

If this company had career, advancement opportunities, it would be an ideal place to work.

"The worst experience of an employer in 32 years of the IT field."

Former Employee - Network and Field Support Engineer in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Network and Field Support Engineer in San Diego, CA

I worked at SITA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Interesting technology for the aviation industry.

Cons

I had a local manager who harassed me trying to get me fired or to simply resign.

Advice to Management

Listen to lower level employees.

"Don't work there"

Current Employee - Site Administrator (Computer Software Engineer) in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at SITA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

People at lower levels are trying desperately to keep customers happy with little recognition of the effort - Management can not make decisions... do not empower or really listen to project and program managers.... more interested in cutting cost and heads than doing right thing... HR a truly "company HR" rather than employee advocate....limited promotion opportunities ... throw people "under the bus" rather than fixing real issue.... senior management

Cons

Advice to Management

Reach out and listen to your employees. They have the actual work experience, and not the theoretical strategies and plans that you are pushing upon them. Use COMMON SENSE!

"Management in Geneva willfully oblivious and disinterested in employee welfare"

I have been working at SITA full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

People at lower levels are trying desperately to keep customers happy with little recognition of the effort.

Cons

Employee appreciation is non-exsistent. Salaries are stagnant and below market. There is no effort to encourage a work/life balance. Directors and VPs will not allow lower levels to speak out at town hall meetings. The fear of retribution is rampant. The general atmosphere is do not speak of the bad, but ensure it is all spun to sound good. DC politicians have nothing on SITA management.

Advice to Management

Improvement required from the top down. Actions speak louder than words. People are leaving at an amazing pace and taking critical knowledge and experience with them. Rome is burning while Nero fiddles. It is heartbreaking to see the low morale senior management has incurred.