SITA Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
SITA CEO Barbara Dalibard
Barbara Dalibard
1 Rating

Pros
  • Great Place to work/ good work life balance (in 23 reviews)

• Good Benefits, autonomy to complete your job as necessary with in company/departmental procedures (in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • Senior management focusing on out sourcing (in 17 reviews)

• Poor work life balance at times (in 7 reviews)

"Don't go there. Disastrous organization. Especially in the USA."

Former Employee - Product Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Product Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at SITA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It is still a large organization. Good people work there.

Cons

No direction. Blame game. Leaders looking for people to dismiss. One of their divisions is doing bad, so always looking to cut loyal employees. Don't waste your time. I wish I hadn't wasted 2 years of my career there.

Advice to Management

Top heavy. More chiefs than Indians. Alot of people directing traffic, but no one actually doing anything. Very frustrating. Europeans feel superior. They aren't. Get rid of the directors who aren't doing anything but laying blame and laying people off. PPT rules. Everyone knows that PPT organizations are a joke.

Mar 28, 2017 – Human Resources, US Manager

Hi and thank you for sharing your feedback. SITA is a diverse global organization with a number of strengths, one of which (you are right to say) is our people. As an organization, we’re changing our ... More

"Despite opportunities, still a follower in the airline communications industry"

Current Employee - Lead Analyst (IT) in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Lead Analyst (IT) in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at SITA full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Structured workload for most staff. Diverse and interesting staff. Lots of talent in the employee pool in all areas (even if it's not fully used). Good place for workaholics with no social life outside of work. Fair pay and benefits.

Cons

Lots of talk about "career path development" but virtually no promotion/migration opportunities exist. Zero time/budget allotted for training or career development. Company is consistently 1-2 years behind industry leaders. No oversight for many middle-management leads to "empire building" and rampant abuse of authority. Looking around at every group here, there are always 1 or 2 staff that are bright and productive; those 1 or 2 get worked to death with 70-80 hour workweeks, while the rest of the team puts in five easy 9-5 days for the same pay. Yearly "personal" yearly objectives are not personalized at all, but are dictated by the Director or VP-level. I have yet to meet a manager, director or VP who has ever received any form of management training while employed at SITA. After yearly time budgets are put into place, we get bombarded with extra workload to support upper-management pet projects which means a lot of unpaid overtime and weekend work for many staff. No compensation in any form for working weekends, holidays, etc. I have personally lost an average of 5 days earned vacation each of the last 4 years because: 1) my workload does not allow me time to use all of my vacation, and 2) at the end of the year, management directs me to submit vacation requests for days that I'm IN THE OFFICE, just to get my unused vacation off the books. The corporate charter (so far) seems to be "What has Amadeus done? Let's do that!" SITA has repeatedly had opportunities to become an industry leader but ultimately always takes the safest, slowest and most time-consuming route. Any fast-track development that manages to get accomplished is praised by SITA upper management as something exceptional, while it is "business as usual" at most other IT companies. At the lowest levels where development work is done there are many, many layers of processes and approval requirements to bog down every simple task. Many data center requests which used to be done in minutes with a single phone call now take up to two weeks, IF approved by a review board.

Advice to Management

Good luck to the new CEO, she has a lot of big decisions to make about the direction this company is headed. There's a lot of counterproductive history to overcome here. SITA's PR will say "Look at our intranet! Lots of good things!", but every initiative I've seen here has always been superseded by another, newer initiative BEFORE the last one even got off the ground. Stop the knee-jerk reactionary merry-go-round product management style, define SITA's place in the industry, make long-term plans and stick to them for a change. You've got some real talent in this company, time to put it all to good use.

Jun 16, 2016 – SVP, Human Resources

Thank you for your review. I appreciate you taking the time to share your views and I can assure you that I take them all very seriously. I’d like to comment specifically on some of the points ... More

"Not looking for the best as Mediocre is AWARDED"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at SITA (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have a job.
    HR doesn't do through background checks so it is easy to walk in as long as you stroke your Manager/leader's EGO job for life.

Cons

Management is lacking from Manager level, CIO and upward. It is an organization ruled by politics with an HR department that is cartonish.

Values there are none when executives are said to be dating their subordinates and their manager knows it and see the action and refuses to do anything about it.

Advice to Management

No advice to Management or HR as the only words they hear are their own. Egos are competing and it's great to watch all the hot air and fireworks.

Apr 15, 2016

Hello, and thank you for your frank feedback. Everything we do at SITA is guided by our values, they are at the heart of who we are and how we work, and everyone at SITA is expected to live by ... More

"Decent place to work with a lot of positives but lack of opportunity drives talent away"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at SITA full-time

Pros

International company. Decent pay. Good benefits. Some good travel opportunities. Colleagues, for the most part, are good to work with.

Cons

Lack of growth opportunities. Upper management not the best in supporting initiatives. Tries to window-dress issues without putting hard effort into fixing them. Very hierarchical management structure prevents middle managers from making a real impact. Work/Life balance, if you want to move up, becomes less and less possible.

Advice to Management

Listen more to your mid-rank employees - a lot of good ideas are there to improve performance. Don't be so afraid of change - sometimes the boat needs to be rocked. If you don't make changes, you'll continue to lose good people.

"Confusing and frustrating place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Great benefits and time off. Good location

Cons

Little to know support and Training. Nobody seems to have a clue what other departments are doing.

Advice to Management

Provide better training and support. Management follow through. Encourage team work

"Very confusing corporate structure"

Current Employee - Regional VHF Specialist in Woodstock, GA
    Current Employee - Regional VHF Specialist in Woodstock, GA

I have been working at SITA full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Decent benefits in US, though this is likely to change. Convenient location in ATL, the new Braves stadium is being built less than a mile away so this will cause lots of traffic

Cons

Corporate direction changes like the wind, always being told by CEO that we must conserve cash by ramping up collections and slowing down payments. Management structure is confused and constantly changing, it is very unclear who direct lines of reporting are. For technical positions there is a very badly explained career path with no rules for advancement and external training is frowned upon. Due to the confusion over structure managers can never supply direct answers and are often winging it when questioned on Corporate direction.

Advice to Management

Define and stick to a Company ethos, structure and Mission statement, make it clear, concise and most importantly stick to it.

"Disappointing"

Current Employee - Solution Architect in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Solution Architect in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at SITA (More than 5 years)

Pros

Stability, nothing else to add. Global environment. Diversity of products and solutions.

Cons

Poor leadership management; way too much politics ; inefficient system to reward high performers; salary increase every couple of years and can be as low as 2%. Very cheap company in regards to standard employees, with no serious interest nor investment in employees further education.

"Too much outsourcing and beauracracy"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at SITA full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Many learning opportunities.
    Benefits and pay are good especially vacation and bonuses.

Cons

Competency and vision is not retained. Many of the best people move on to opportunities elsewhere as they see the corporate trend to outsource as much as possible.

"Senior Management is DYSFUNCTIONAL"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at SITA full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good diverse company with employees from all cultures/
    The benefits (medical, dental, vision) and 401K are very good.

Cons

Pay is stagnant, so get a good salary when you start.
    Very little opportunity for advancement.
    Most management jobs are filled by external applicants.
    Pockets of dysfunctional senior management that doesn't understand the business.

Advice to Management

Reach out and listen to your employees. They have the actual work experience, and not the theoretical strategies and plans that you are pushing upon them. Use COMMON SENSE!

"Plenty of work to do...no management support"

Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at SITA full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good benefits...medical, dental and vision choices.. 401k

Cons

Management can not make decisions... do not empower or really listen to project and program managers.... more interested in cutting cost and heads than doing right thing... HR a truly "company HR" rather than employee advocate....limited promotion opportunities ... throw people "under the bus" rather than fixing real issue.... senior management

Advice to Management

Listen to front line people, value their option they have more knowledge of the the real issues than you give them credit for...