SITA Reviews | Glassdoor

SITA CEO Barbara Dalibard
Barbara Dalibard

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Senior management focusing on out sourcing (in 17 reviews)

• Poor work life balance at times (in 7 reviews)

1. "What did all the outsourcing and staff cuts get SITA?"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at SITA full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Mostly, a great globally connected cooperative with many excellent, highly knowledgeable people who remain deeply dedicated to SITA's success within the ATI. Should SITA eventually find the right balance, sticking to core values while accelerating to market with the Products and Services customers demand, it will remain a great place for anyone to have a meaningful career. I cherish every minute I was there contributing to SITA success, and continue to wish SITA every success in this very challenging global marketplace.

Cons

Picture this-first day of annual Sales Kickoff, the new CEO, acquired from SNCF, stands in front of all the Sales and Product leaders in attendance, and says she is laying off over 300 people right away, in a company of barely over 4000 globally.
    A reorganization which then drags on for months, while every employee is left wondering who is next? In N. America, SITA reduced the maximum severance by 6 months, in advance of letting people go. So much for loyalty to employees.
    SITA frequently struggles to remain relevant to the ATI customer demands, being too late to market in far too many instances, and then confused over why SITA sales get stagnant. Far more insidious is the deep silo mindset, with blame going everywhere,except to senior leadership, when Customers demand to get what they have paid for. downsizing, reorganizing of work centers, hiring new, younger faces, with outsourcing is seen as the new solution to everything. As always, time will tell.

Advice to Management

Repairs will probably follow this reorganization. Look further down the road than just the immediate future before making things much worse. Challenge long established leadership, from the SLT on down, to deliver by their Leadership, coaching and mentoring instead of just blame games, and seek out new manger blood to replace everyone if they prove ineffective! Too many supposed leaders have been retained because of who they know, instead of what they can honestly, by judgement of their peers and those they are supposed to lead, actually do. Bring back a focus on the employee surveys and suggestions. The experiences, knowledge and wide breadth expertise of employees should be acted upon, not filed away, Finally, rarely do the mid level management downwards fully understand the 2-3 year plans and goals being set and reset. Communication is lacking to the entire workforce, with only a few exceptions.

"Mixed review"

I worked at SITA full-time

Pros

They treat their people well. The company is working in a interesting and thriving industry.

Cons

Very difficult to get things done. Reluctant to make changes to improve performance.

Advice to Management

Be more open to change.

"QA Manager"

I worked at SITA full-time

Pros

Work life balance is good.

Cons

QA Director and Manager of QA and Development has ruined Quality Assurance and Development. This duo has no integrity and management keeps being hoodwinked. The MORALE is really bad. The reason people stay is because they have been there for so long but they have no confidence in his leadership. They never deliver.

Advice to Management

Wake up and look at the history.

"Fading relevance"

I worked at SITA full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great industry, great staff, still relevant for the industry

Cons

No real strategy, over complicated processes, politics prevail over the greater good of the company and its customers

"Don't go there. Disastrous organization. Especially in the USA."

Former Employee - Product Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Product Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at SITA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It is still a large organization. Good people work there.

Cons

No direction. Blame game. Leaders looking for people to dismiss. One of their divisions is doing bad, so always looking to cut loyal employees. Don't waste your time. I wish I hadn't wasted 2 years of my career there.

Advice to Management

Top heavy. More chiefs than Indians. Alot of people directing traffic, but no one actually doing anything. Very frustrating. Europeans feel superior. They aren't. Get rid of the directors who aren't doing anything but laying blame and laying people off. PPT rules. Everyone knows that PPT organizations are a joke.

Mar 28, 2017 – Human Resources, US Manager

Hi and thank you for sharing your feedback. SITA is a diverse global organization with a number of strengths, one of which (you are right to say) is our people. As an organization, we’re changing our... More

"Look forward"

I have been working at SITA full-time

Pros

- Depending on your manager, work schedule can be a bit flexible (but not company wide)
    - Company phone for work
    - Talented people to work with
    - Some of the work can be interesting (but can also get repetitive)
    - Good benefits (could be better with discounts, etc)

Cons

- A lot of outsourcing of work to other companies (not a great track record)
    - Management is poor with people not communicating effectively or providing proper timelines
    - No big raises and not really based on merit
    - Bonus structure just leads to sometimes poor execution of projects
    - Slow heavy process was instituted a few years back but only in a few departments so other departments operating business as usual and not understanding the process other departments not have to adhere
    - Does not invest in it's people. They have online training but most of this training has to be done during your own time because of tight deadlines on projects.

Advice to Management

- Listen to the feedback on survey
    - Stop putting software on phone to track your employees
    - Stop instituting corporate laptops with such restrictive policies (rendering this laptop useless for engineering work)
    - See what processes are needed and work. The process obviously is not being use properly or meeting your needs. Institute a single process not multiple processes in different groups that have to work together.
    - Be innovative, and be the leaders in this area instead of waiting for a client to do pilots, etc. We should be leading not being reactive to things.
    - Provide better benefits (stop cutting back benefits)
    - Too many "Yes" man but look at the results not words

Jan 23, 2017 – SVP, Human Resources

Hello and thanks for giving your feedback. You’ve highlighted a number of points, so I’ll just pick up on a few of these. As you know, our CEO is clear about the need for us to simplify how we work... More

"Despite opportunities, still a follower in the airline communications industry"

Current Employee - Lead Analyst (IT) in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Lead Analyst (IT) in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at SITA full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Structured workload for most staff. Diverse and interesting staff. Lots of talent in the employee pool in all areas (even if it's not fully used). Good place for workaholics with no social life outside of work. Fair pay and benefits.

Cons

Lots of talk about "career path development" but virtually no promotion/migration opportunities exist. Zero time/budget allotted for training or career development. Company is consistently 1-2 years behind industry leaders. No oversight for many middle-management leads to "empire building" and rampant abuse of authority. Looking around at every group here, there are always 1 or 2 staff that are bright and productive; those 1 or 2 get worked to death with 70-80 hour workweeks, while the rest of the team puts in five easy 9-5 days for the same pay. Yearly "personal" yearly objectives are not personalized at all, but are dictated by the Director or VP-level. I have yet to meet a manager, director or VP who has ever received any form of management training while employed at SITA. After yearly time budgets are put into place, we get bombarded with extra workload to support upper-management pet projects which means a lot of unpaid overtime and weekend work for many staff. No compensation in any form for working weekends, holidays, etc. I have personally lost an average of 5 days earned vacation each of the last 4 years because: 1) my workload does not allow me time to use all of my vacation, and 2) at the end of the year, management directs me to submit vacation requests for days that I'm IN THE OFFICE, just to get my unused vacation off the books. The corporate charter (so far) seems to be "What has Amadeus done? Let's do that!" SITA has repeatedly had opportunities to become an industry leader but ultimately always takes the safest, slowest and most time-consuming route. Any fast-track development that manages to get accomplished is praised by SITA upper management as something exceptional, while it is "business as usual" at most other IT companies. At the lowest levels where development work is done there are many, many layers of processes and approval requirements to bog down every simple task. Many data center requests which used to be done in minutes with a single phone call now take up to two weeks, IF approved by a review board.

Advice to Management

Good luck to the new CEO, she has a lot of big decisions to make about the direction this company is headed. There's a lot of counterproductive history to overcome here. SITA's PR will say "Look at our intranet! Lots of good things!", but every initiative I've seen here has always been superseded by another, newer initiative BEFORE the last one even got off the ground. Stop the knee-jerk reactionary merry-go-round product management style, define SITA's place in the industry, make long-term plans and stick to them for a change. You've got some real talent in this company, time to put it all to good use.

Jun 16, 2016 – SVP, Human Resources

Thank you for your review. I appreciate you taking the time to share your views and I can assure you that I take them all very seriously.

I’d like to comment specifically on some of the points... More

"Not looking for the best as Mediocre is AWARDED"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at SITA (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have a job.
    HR doesn't do through background checks so it is easy to walk in as long as you stroke your Manager/leader's EGO job for life.

Cons

Management is lacking from Manager level, CIO and upward. It is an organization ruled by politics with an HR department that is cartonish.

Values there are none when executives are said to be dating their subordinates and their manager knows it and see the action and refuses to do anything about it.

Advice to Management

No advice to Management or HR as the only words they hear are their own. Egos are competing and it's great to watch all the hot air and fireworks.

Apr 15, 2016

Hello, and thank you for your frank feedback.
    Everything we do at SITA is guided by our values, they are at the heart of who we are and how we work, and everyone at SITA is expected to live by... More

"Continuing downslide"

Pros

Vacation & 401K. Health benefits are eroding and more expensive each year - so going from good to much less so. Opportunity to work with many brilliant persons word-wide

Cons

Bureaucratic. No pay raises to speak of (hiding behind "total compensation BS" in pay analysis) Constant reorgs where valuable people leave and inept ones remain. Too much politics. Too much UK/Europe influence in spheres where knowledge should be more local. Too much top-down structure. No employee advocate in HR.

Advice to Management

STOP with this fit-for-growth nonsense. You have dealt the company an irreparable blow by letting go of excellent talent under the guise of optimisation. Stop having the tail (support functions) wag the dog (customer-facing functions). And most of all, stop with the endless internal analysis and start focusing on external factors like where our customers are going.

"Slow Moving / Process Heavy"

Pros

Work / Home balance is nice - though it is not on par with many of the smaller companies.

Pay is on par with regional averages.

Cons

Limited growth opportunities, non-innovative.

Executive teams are often out of touch with current market trends in technology.

Company is slow to react and adopt modern practices.

Executive Management Team does not care nor listen to the employees. Annual reviews of employee sentiment are responded to with criticism and cynical emails to those who participate.

Advice to Management

Remove your executive management team and replace it with individuals that are in touch with reality.