SK+G Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Jerry Kramer

1. "Great Atmosphere"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Pros

Awesome people, fun work, Cocktail fridays

Cons

Every account is the same
    No diversity in accounts

2. "Great team of talented individuals"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at SK+G (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing group of people to learn from. The level of talent here is really top notch.

Cons

Honestly I don't have any. If im reaching I'd say maybe more face to face time with creative directors.

Advice to Management

Keep pulling in fun new clients

3. "Fun, friendly, fast-paced"

I worked at SK+G full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Awesome group of people with and understanding of commitment to their clients. You will work hard and have a lot of fun surrounded by many talented advertisers.

Cons

The pay scale is on the low end and individual recognition could be stepped up.

Advice to Management

Understand the long term goals of your employees and help them to achieve them. It will improve motivation and loyalty.

"Worst place in advertising."

Current Employee - Interactive in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Interactive in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at SK+G full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Met a few hard working people that made it possible to keep working there. Free snacks and alcohol on Fridays. Clean refrigerators.

Cons

Met too many unpleasant and mean people. Too much politics. Sweat shop. Do not need to be talented to get ahead. Limited vision.

Advice to Management

Management would not know what to do with any good advice. They don't seem able to learn new tricks. Stuck in the 90s.

"Big name clients but wasted potential"

I worked at SK+G full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Big name clients, easy going when it comes to needing time off/being late for legitimate reasons, true talent within the creative department, great benefits and vacation time and free booze "happy hour" activities on Fridays.

Cons

Trust is placed on the clients rather than on the creative, which creates stifled work and unfulfilled talent. There's a huge reliance on traditional media and a divide between the interactive department and the rest of creative. There is definite favoritism, gossip and office politics within the agency. If you don't get along with the higher ups you will find yourself unfulfilled. Due to favoritism, some creatives are putting in extra hours and working weekends while others are bored with nothing to do even though they are very capable. There was very little structure within the creative department when I started, it has become more structured with time, but it has only been a detriment due to the uneven workloads. Also, don't ever count on getting a raise or promotion, those are few and far between.

Advice to Management

Treat all employees as equals, particularly within creative. Allow everyone a chance to work on new business pitches, not just the favorites. Keep creatives in the loop regarding large projects on the horizon. Don't come to creatives when the deadline is tomorrow and they are unfamiliar with the project. Allow the creative department and interactive department to work together so that campaigns are more fleshed out and creatives have a better idea of the directions their original idea have gone in.

"Potential, but brought down by a toxic culture"

Former Employee - Creative Director in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Creative Director in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at SK+G full-time

Pros

Good client roster. Lots of opportunities to work on accounts that have global presence. There are a handful of genuine and talented people in the creative group. The design department is very strong for an ad agency.

Cons

Can be a very toxic environment and culture for creative people. It's an unprofessional and highly political culture - lots of backstabbing. On some accounts, project management is a disorganized disaster. Unsupportive and demeaning of the creative people who actually do the work. Certain people in project management regularly talk bad behind the backs of the creative people creating an atmosphere of mistrust and negativity. HR is a joke; treating employees like chess pieces, enhancing the negative culture. There are also high-level employees who consistently try to shove people out. It's dumbfounding that the owners do not see this.

Advice to Management

You have handful of snakes on your payroll, one or two big ones in creative and several in project management. The creative teams are the lifeblood of your company not the paper pushers. Pay them and support them.

8. "Nice place to work, great office environment, perks and friendly people."

Former Employee - Information Technology in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Information Technology in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at SK+G full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits are very good, paid vacations, ad agency feel. Lots of opportunities to learn interaction with people.

Cons

Cubicle most likely. Some drama as can be expected with creative and prima-dona types.

Advice to Management

No complaints. A very good place to be all things considered.

"Limited Vision in a Limited Environment"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at SK+G full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you're considering a focus on the hospitality industry, SK+G is a great place with a good client list representative of Las Vegas. Bagels on Monday mornings, employee cocktail night 1 day a week during the summer, lenient vacation schedule during the holidays is all good. The pay for Vegas is good. Very nice offices - clean, new, modern.

Cons

Leadership is stale. No vision for innovation in the ever-changing advertising world. Technology was a 2nd thought to traditional means of advertising. Talent pool is thin and people jump ship often. Lots of turn over. Typical ad schedules with crazy deadlines, but a lot could be avoided with stronger management.

Advice to Management

Look to the technological advances in the industry and bring in the right person to lead the charge. When someone comes in with big ideas, let go of the reigns a bit and take a chance. Old techniques should always be a cornerstone of understanding, but never a requirement to get new projects done. Get out of your own way.

"Puts out very nice work, is full of sharp and creative talent but odd personalities at the top"

Former Employee - Account Management in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Account Management in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at SK+G full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I liked and respected my coworkers, and the place cleared out pretty early each night. There was a happy hour every Friday and events for holidays (and made up holidays). The company definitely made an effort to create a good environment in that way.

Cons

It makes sense that only those drinking the KOOL AID were the ones whose word meant anything at all to senior management. In particular there was one person at the top who was tough to work with or be anywhere near. When I left I felt that I'd been taken advantage of and wished I could have retracted all my time and effort, for which I did not get the advancement promised.

Advice to Management

Management didn't listen to me when I worked there so I won't bother.

"Not the best for sure."

Former Employee - Interactive in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Interactive in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at SK+G full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Cons

Met too many unpleasant and mean people. Too much politics. Sweat shop. Do not need to be talented to get ahead, as long as one knows whose back to scratch.