SMART Apartment Data Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 24, 2019

4.5

"Like family"

I have been working at SMART Apartment Data for more than a year

Pros

Exciting company to be a part of, with really talented people around. I think what makes Smart unique is that they treat you like family.

Cons

About the only con is the extensive interviewing process. In the end, it was worth it.

SMART Apartment Data2018-12-27

"Great company to work for"

I worked at SMART Apartment Data full-time

Pros

Love the flexibility of working remotely and the benefits are also great. Very entrepreneurial organization with good culture. Best part for me is respect of work life balance.

Cons

None that i can think of

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in your team, they are your best asset.

SMART Apartment Data2018-03-16
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

"Innovative, Stable, Growing Company that focuses on the employees work/life balance"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at SMART Apartment Data full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Smart is a quickly growing company that places a tremendous focus on employee work/life balance. The opportunity to have a fulfilling career, work with amazing people and office remotely is something not easily found. Management is easily accessible, and all issues and/or concerns are addressed, not ignored. Smart listens to employee and customer ideas and implements where possible.

Cons

As with any quickly growing company, issues arise. However, all concerns/issues are immediately addressed and, processes and procedures are implemented, to eliminate future occurrences.

SMART Apartment Data2018-02-28

"Growth, Stability, Work from home, Support"

Current Employee - Business Development Executive in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at SMART Apartment Data full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I've been working with Smart for over 3 years. I started in an entry level position and moved into positions with more responsibility and eventually was supervising one of the largest teams in the company. Smart provides a platform for ideas to be heard which I love because I'm very detailed and opinionated. The company embraces your strengths and partners you with a position not just based on their needs but a... position you can thrive in. After years working on the operations side of the company I have moved into inside sales and I love my job even more. The support of management made the transition smooth and I was provided with the tools and information I need to be successful.

Cons

Not really a con but, must be a self starter. Management evaluates your work and ensures you are completing your job expectations but you do not have someone watching you all day. You have to be disciplined to accomplish the work you need to do.

SMART Apartment Data2017-09-25

"Excellent Job"

Current Employee - Market Research Analyst in Austin, TX

I have been working at SMART Apartment Data full-time for less than a year

Pros

I work full time in Smart Apartment Data, this started as a desk job. When time passed, I get to know and love the job that I once took lightly. I have an Amazing team that helped me grow not just in work but personally. Learned to incorporate the values taught by Managers and Supervisors. Top of that, everyone treats everyone as a family.

Cons

Cons may not be a proper word for this. The task given may be temporary because you might be given a different task to help out the TEAM towards reaching the Goal. Well, this is the grow I was talking about. Task might be challenging but it'll help you Improve in a lot of ways.

Advice to Management

Communication is the Key. Communication leads to community, that is, to understanding and mutual valuing. Help us grow individually, the team grows and the company grows. Keep it up!

SMART Apartment Data2017-04-07

"Amazing Opportunity"

I have been working at SMART Apartment Data part-time

Pros

I have been very fortunate to work with the team at SMART Apartment Data for several years. What began as a work/ life balance position has become an opportunity of a lifetime to work with bright engaged individuals working towards a mutual goal of success in all aspects of our lives.

Cons

It is difficult to identify a con. I would say it is a personal con where I find it difficult to disconnect, but the team has made several changes to encourage this balance.

Advice to Management

Continue to ask how to be better because the changes are right on track.

SMART Apartment Data2017-02-03

"A Career Worth Keeping."

Current Employee - Team Supervisor in Austin, TX

I have been working at SMART Apartment Data full-time for less than a year

Pros

I've been working with SMART for almost a year now and looking forward for more years exploring- developing skills in managing people, gaining more knowledge and imparting it to colleagues sharing same passion in this wide industry we are in . SMART does not only gives me a good career but a great opportunity to develop my interpersonal skills. It allows me to interact with awesome people with various knowledge in... apartment industry and more. I know that there are still a lot to learn out there but with conviction I must say that with my day to day experience with SMART and the people I am working with, I have gained a lot. Colleagues and upper management are awesome. They make sure that when one needs help there is someone who can help promptly. With SMART you may be able to end your day with both gratitude and satisfaction. And together, as one family, we take good care of each other; and as one, we move forward to same goal.

Cons

Keeping someone's focus is sometimes a bit difficult specifically when challenges hit you personally. Especially if working full time, problems might affect ones work performance greatly. You have to come in on time and fix hours, and when circumstantial problems take in, having a STRONG motivation that fuels and keeps your determination burning is a must.

Advice to Management

Keep a good and open communication with the Team.

SMART Apartment Data2017-01-31

"Amazing Opportunity"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at SMART Apartment Data part-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Smart Apartment Data has provided me the ability to work remotely and balance my personal life with my work goals. More importantly it has given me the opportunity to see the process by which success can come to an organization when the team members are able to create their own balance and be driven personally towards a goal. I consider myself very fortunate to have found a legitimate alternative to the traditional... work setting.

Cons

Balance can be difficult if you are not self motivated. It is important set your own personal goals in addition to the work goals set out for you to make sure you are successful. I've found asking for help is the best way to learn how to manage work and life together.

Advice to Management

Continue to see feedback from your team members to make Smart a better company to work with.

SMART Apartment Data2016-08-01

"Love this opportunity!"

Current Employee - Construction in Austin, TX

I have been working at SMART Apartment Data part-time

Pros

I am a single mom of 3, I work a part-time job and my kids are very active in sports. Working for Smart Apartment allows me to continue to do all of these things and work for them in every spare moment I have! Because its hourly and can work at my own free time, I can add additional income to our household.

Cons

I have been working here for about 6 months and have no cons.

SMART Apartment Data2016-03-22
  11. "Great Work From Home Company"

Current Employee - New Construction Research in Austin, TX

I have been working at SMART Apartment Data part-time for more than a year

Pros

I enjoy working for Smart because it is a real work from home job. The pay is hourly so you get paid when you are working. The hours are extremely flexible so it is great for moms who want to be involved with their kids. There is always someone to support you if you need help. There is opportunity for advancement. This is a job that can be your career.

Cons

There are no cons that I can think of as long as you can motivate yourself and manage your time this will be a great job.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Continue rewarding the employees for good work. I really enjoy the lunch meetings that give the opportunity to really get to know all the team members.

SMART Apartment Data2016-01-07