SMARTLINX SOLUTIONS Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Marina Aslanyan

"Love working here! Empowered to do what I love and trusted to do what's best for our customers!"

I have been working at SMARTLINX SOLUTIONS full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Off the bat they offer a very competitive salary and benefits, but that's not the best thing about SmartLinx. Their #1 priorities are their customers and employees. I have been in the Software industry for over 10 years and this is the first place I've worked that has allowed me to take my passion and do what I do best. The Executive team is great about listening to my ideas and strategic approach, then providing feedback to tweak, and letting me run with it.

SmartLinx is within their transition from a small/start-up company to a medium size company and with that comes the need for hard working, dedicated employees who are excited to help take them to that next level. They recognize employee's hard work and give credit where credit is due. I've never felt micro-managed. As a matter of fact, I have never felt more empowered and trusted as I do now in my role at SmartLinx.

If you're excited to take your "been there, done that" experience to help drive growth, improvements, and increase overall customer satisfaction then this is the place to work for you. I truly love working with everyone at all levels at SmartLinx and would recommend them any day!

Cons

Honestly can't think of any cons. They have the same growing pains as any company going through this transition, but nothing I would consider a con.

Advice to Management

Improve internal communication process and think of a cohesive internal technology (tools/applications) approach so we can have a holistic view of the customer to help drive customer success and satisfaction.

2. "This is a good time to join"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edison, NJ

I have been working at SMARTLINX SOLUTIONS (Less than a year)

Pros

Solid, tight-knit team in place and growing in all directions - fun to be a part of it. A good collection of smart, funny and friendly people. Positive, flexible and focused leadership group. I appreciate having the ability to work remotely and also love being in the office because of the great atmosphere.

Cons

Some growing pains here and there but the point is we're growing and that's not a 'con', every company goes through the same things.

Advice to Management

Continue doing what you're doing as we get bigger. Resist any temptation to let the culture change. Keep everyone engaged and excited about our successes.

3. "Great place to work overall; Great Leadership; Amazing people; Growing Rapidly"

I have been working at SMARTLINX SOLUTIONS full-time

Pros

I have worked at Smartlinx for several years. They have great product and people who care about each other and doing the right thing for the company and customers. CEO and leadership team have strong vision and strategy for the future growth of the company. I love the fact that the leadership team can be strategic but also understand how to implement the strategy. They are hands-on and understand all aspects of the business at all levels. They maintain an open door policy and genuinely care about the employees. Smartlinx is a growing business that creates a tremendous amount of opportunities for growth for employees. This is what makes working at Smartlinx exciting and challenging - to be a part of the growth and to look forward to what will come next and how my efforts will help contribute to the growth and make a difference. While there is a lot of change within the company, there is also a great deal of consistency and loyalty of employees who have been with the company for many years.

Cons

Really cannot think of any - since Smartlinx is a growing rapidly, there is change but change is for the positive.

Advice to Management

Keep thinking big!

5. "Stagnation!"

Pros

Friday Bagels. Not much else I can say here.

Cons

CEO controls everything and doesn't allow Management Team do what they were hired to do resulting in high turnover and no long-term vision.

Advice to Management

Need to be more strategic. Develop a product roadmap that concentrates on filling functional gaps. Expand market outside of senior care. Empower your team to make autonomous decisions.

6. "Great Team! Great Product! Great Results!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edison, NJ

Pros

Strong Leadership on executive level and a very unified culture. The entire team is thought to think outside the box and lead by example. Company has 3 locations within US, multi state presence and large offshore staff. Sales are growing 65% YOY. The work culture is really positive. There is almost no volunteer turn over here. If you don't perform do not expect to work here. Everyone cares about the results. Pro - Great comp and benefits especially for sales team!

Cons

HQ are located in Metropark NJ. It could be Manhattan!

Advice to Management

Stay on track. You are doing a great job!

7. "New Executive Team disolving positions held by great associates"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edison, NJ

Pros

Company offers great products to assisted livings There scheduling and time and attendance produce surpass and vendor our there.

Cons

New Executive team given power to eliminate positions held by great people. Over the last 3 months 3 associates were let go that were brought in to bring this company to the next level. One day I came into work to find an employee who had excellent work ethics and who made the company warm let go. It didn't make any sense as the employee was one of two needed in IT. Last week two more IT people positions eliminated. Smartlinx needs to be smarter.

"Great growth opportunity!"

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

Pros

Strong product offerings in a growing market, very sharp new leadership team, good compensation with great growth potential. Not afraid to fix what needs to be fixed, add what needs to be added, and making the investments

Cons

Still experiencing growing pains in Implementation and Support but getting better. Benefits are good but relatively high cost because of company size.

Advice to Management

Stay the course but improve responsiveness to current clients.

9. "Growing Company!"

Pros

Great people to work with, flexible schedules, work from home ability, helpful and knowledgable leadership

Cons

can get a little TOO busy

"Support"

Pros

I work at Smartlinx full time in Charleston

Cons

The office can get busy at times dealing with customers / clients

"Oh my stay away from Smartlinx Solutions"

Former Employee - Sales/Cold Caller/Marketing/Implem in Newark, NJ
    Former Employee - Sales/Cold Caller/Marketing/Implem in Newark, NJ

I worked at SMARTLINX SOLUTIONS (More than a year)

Pros

I wanted to try to give a least one or two positive comments but I really cant. Smartlix Solutions is the worst company you could every work for period.

Cons

If you want to be micro managed and babysit every minute of the day then this place is for you. They have no solid reference accounts accept the accounts they own. The cost for the software is way too much for what it is and the implementation cost is crazy high. It's just a sad evil place.

Advice to Management

Do you really need you CEO on the sales calls every week? Doesn't she have better things to do. I really think you should add more process to SF. .......NOT