SMARTLINX SOLUTIONS Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.4
Marina Aslanyan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Working at Smartlinx Solutions is a SMART decision!"

I have been working at SMARTLINX SOLUTIONS full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Smartlinx is a great company and I am very happy to have made the move. Not only is it a company with lots of growth potential, the people have made it that much more. Everyone is extremely friendly and helpful and willing to assist in any way they can. This has made my onboarding process easier, what better way to learn than from people. I am excited to see what the future holds for Smartlinx and ME!

Cons

Four months in and so far no complaints.

Aug 14, 2017 – Vice President Human Resources

Thank you so much for the kind words! It's great that you are having such a great time so far! Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns. We are excited about the future too!

2. "Solutions Delivery"

I have been working at SMARTLINX SOLUTIONS full-time

Pros

Most of your work can be done from home. Salary is decent

Cons

Most people aren't in the office more than a day a week. Management doesn't know how to manage. Coworkers rarely talk to each other.
    The products offered are so broken that most clients are escalated every week. The reason for all these positive reviews is because HR requests that you provide one after you get hired in an attempt to improve the company image.

Sep 6, 2017 – Vice President Human Resources

One of the things that people like the most about working at SmartLinx is our flexible work environment. This flexibility applies both in terms of working remotely and in start/finish times. In fact... More

3. "Sales"

I worked at SMARTLINX SOLUTIONS full-time

Pros

Flexibility was a positive. Owner was awesome!!

Cons

Management on the sales side was non-existent outside of CEO.

Advice to Management

Hire Full time skilled VP of Sales instead of CEO running sales.

Jul 24, 2017 – Vice President Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback. Our owners are GREAT! And, we have worked hard to create a fun and flexible environment for everyone. We do understand the challenge of running a team when there is no... More

"Good place to make home"

Current Employee - Business Development in Edison, NJ
    Current Employee - Business Development in Edison, NJ

I have been working at SMARTLINX SOLUTIONS full-time

Pros

Management really cool .. Not big on micro manage .. good product ... should be a large amount of growth

Cons

Training incoming employees can be handled a bit better.. Really meant for individuals with more experience. Meetings often happen sporadically

Jun 22, 2017 – Vice President Human Resources

Thank you for your time here at SmartLinx Solutions. As you know, we are growing rapidly and appreciate your feedback while our team expands! Effective management is something we constantly work... More

"Innovative Company, Good Leadership, Great People"

I have been working at SMARTLINX SOLUTIONS full-time

Pros

Great environment for people that like learning new things and enjoy working hard.

You can learn and do as much as you want, they do not put you in a box or limit your growth potential.

Middle management does a great job promoting employee accomplishments to senior executives. Feels great to get kudos from clients, but to have that be acknowledged by your whole executive team is nice.

Good compensation, generally above market value.

Communication is pretty good. Easy to get a hold of anyone you need.

Good culture and great cross-functional pool of knowledge. If you ever need to bounce ideas off of someone, its frequently easy to find a SME that can help you out.

Cons

If you are the type of person that wants to just skate by, this place is probably not a great fit. A lot is expected, but you are also compensated well for it.

Goals are not always defined very clearly and that can be a challenge in such a rapidly changing space.

Advice to Management

It takes time for some people to mature into a position. However, taking too long to evaluate someone's fit can hurt morale and the company. Finding that balance is tricky, but I think you can do a better job.

"Plenty of room to grow"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edison, NJ

I have been working at SMARTLINX SOLUTIONS full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Willingness to attack new opportunities and verticals with fast enhancement to product, strong tenured team with a recent infusion of new talent. Addressable market within target verticals is strong and macroeconomic factors / demographic trends are definitely in the company's favor.

Cons

Fast-moving company with some growing pains; the product has tons of functionality and takes a while to learn.

Advice to Management

Continue to drive increasing communication to the whole organization, ensuring there is a shared understanding of company goals.

Jun 22, 2017 – Vice President Human Resources

Thank you for your three years at Smartlinx! We agree that frequent and strong communication both within teams and throughout the company is valuable and necessary. Your response does indicate that... More

"Opportunity to grow!"

Current Employee - Solutions Delivery in Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Solutions Delivery in Charleston, SC

I have been working at SMARTLINX SOLUTIONS full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I've been with the company for a number of years. Pay and benefits have consistently remained competitive. Hard work and dedication is rewarded with promotions and employees at all levels are genuinely encouraged to do what's right for our customers and the company.
    I really enjoy the freedom I have to be able to reach out to senior management and obtain both sponsorship and support to pursue initiatives that I feel will improve our product or service.
    In recent years the team has really been coming together, we've got talented, hard-working individuals in key positions and are poised to hit the next growth phase.

Cons

The usual pains of a growing company, at times resources are thin and it takes longer than to hit a goal because there are competing priorities.

Advice to Management

Continue to stay engaged.
    Continue to bring it talented staff at both entry and executive levels.

Jun 22, 2017 – Vice President Human Resources

Thank you for all the years you have shared your talent with the Smartlinx team! Our size enables us to operate without many levels or much hierarchy, and we like that. We want to be as transparent... More

8. "Sales"

I worked at SMARTLINX SOLUTIONS full-time

Pros

They are a niche player in the long term healthcare space.

Cons

CEO micro manages, you have to wait 12 months for the second half of sales commissions, (they don't have to pay if your not there the next year) not all expenses are covered, product is dated.

May 5, 2017 – Vice President Human Resources

While we appreciate and are thankful for any and all feedback, we feel we must clarify when inaccuracies are presented as fact. The information provided in this post about our sales commission plan... More

"Love working here! Empowered to do what I love and trusted to do what's best for our customers!"

I have been working at SMARTLINX SOLUTIONS full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Off the bat they offer a very competitive salary and benefits, but that's not the best thing about SmartLinx. Their #1 priorities are their customers and employees. I have been in the Software industry for over 10 years and this is the first place I've worked that has allowed me to take my passion and do what I do best. The Executive team is great about listening to my ideas and strategic approach, then providing feedback to tweak, and letting me run with it.

SmartLinx is within their transition from a small/start-up company to a medium size company and with that comes the need for hard working, dedicated employees who are excited to help take them to that next level. They recognize employee's hard work and give credit where credit is due. I've never felt micro-managed. As a matter of fact, I have never felt more empowered and trusted as I do now in my role at SmartLinx.

If you're excited to take your "been there, done that" experience to help drive growth, improvements, and increase overall customer satisfaction then this is the place to work for you. I truly love working with everyone at all levels at SmartLinx and would recommend them any day!

Cons

Honestly can't think of any cons. They have the same growing pains as any company going through this transition, but nothing I would consider a con.

Advice to Management

Improve internal communication process and think of a cohesive internal technology (tools/applications) approach so we can have a holistic view of the customer to help drive customer success and satisfaction.

10. "This is a good time to join"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edison, NJ

I have been working at SMARTLINX SOLUTIONS (Less than a year)

Pros

Solid, tight-knit team in place and growing in all directions - fun to be a part of it. A good collection of smart, funny and friendly people. Positive, flexible and focused leadership group. I appreciate having the ability to work remotely and also love being in the office because of the great atmosphere.

Cons

Some growing pains here and there but the point is we're growing and that's not a 'con', every company goes through the same things.

Advice to Management

Continue doing what you're doing as we get bigger. Resist any temptation to let the culture change. Keep everyone engaged and excited about our successes.