SMX Services & Consulting Reviews | Glassdoor

Richard Quevedo
  1. "ultimo empleo"

Former Contractor - Senior Project Manager in Miami, FL

I worked at SMX Services & Consulting for more than 10 years

Pros

It is a stable company with excellent work environment

Cons

the management is of family type, there are few options to access positions of high hierarchy in the company, but in their clients since it is a consulting company. I worked 10 years with them in Venezuela and six months in Colombia.

SMX Services & Consulting2017-11-06
  2. "Consultant"

Current Contractor - Systems Analyst/Consultant in Miami, FL

I have been working at SMX Services & Consulting for less than a year

Pros

the most value reason is remote, you will work anywhere

Cons

pay, tehe pay colud be better

SMX Services & Consulting2016-11-07
  3. "Warehouse Associate"

Warehouse Associate in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at SMX Services & Consulting for less than a year

Pros

Fast paced and efficient operation

Cons

some stragglers cant keep up with fast paced enviornment

Advice to Management

communicate constantly

SMX Services & Consulting2016-10-27
  4. "Good in a pinch, not recommended for long-term"

Current Employee - Warehouse Associate in Hebron, KY

I have been working at SMX Services & Consulting full-time for more than a year

Pros

I got hired the same day of my in-office interview, which was advantageous. This was outside of holiday/peak season hiring too; they always hire year-round. Pay is decent as well, and I'm glad that I have the opportunity to live near a temp service that offers something well above minimum wage. Lots of people that I know from elsewhere come through too and it can be easy to bond with others. There is a good... choice of schedule too, all shifts, different days of the week, and either full-time or part-time hours.

Cons

They are extremely inflexible and quite strict on their policies. It's a warehouse job, and there is absolutely no 'resting', such as leaning/sitting or otherwise not standing straight up at all times. Time off is near impossible without 'special circumstances' and they use a point system to keep you in check. If you get 5.5 points or more, you are automatically terminated. Mandatory overtime can be given with... very little notice. It's supposed to be 8 hours warning ahead of time, but I've experienced them not telling us up until lunch time, or less than 5 hours warning.

Advice to Management

Please rotate us accordingly. Not everybody can lift 50 lbs from over head and be okay with it. I would also suggest that there be more official input from the warehouse workers, as in taking us off the floor and speaking with us in groups. It breaks up the monotony and it helps you as well.

SMX Services & Consulting2013-10-28