SNBL USA Reviews | Glassdoor

2.6
Ryoichi Nagata

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Lots of this work is about reacting to upper management and study director decisions (in 3 reviews)

• Pay is well below average, even for the CRO world (in 2 reviews)

1. "Vice President"

Former Employee - Vice President in Everett, WA
    Former Employee - Vice President in Everett, WA

I worked at SNBL USA full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Nice facility, equipment. Great CEO who knows how to run a company. Strong science. Great health benefits. Market place is growing at double digits so future looks bright. Study directors are very good with many clients returning for multiple studies. Great place to enter the biotech space

Cons

Traffic around Boeing can be tough in the morning

Advice to Management

Stay the course

"Great for training wheels"

I have been working at SNBL USA full-time

Pros

-You gain experience
    -Typically, you have excellent coworkers

Cons

-There has been significant changes in management in the last few years
    -Pay is well below industry standard
    -Our training of individuals is subpar

Advice to Management

Invest in your employees and they will stay. Management seems surprised when people are leaving as often as they do. Invest in your employees in more than just monetary value. Management is quick to throw their subordinates as well as their fellow managers under the bus. Lead by example, please. Then maybe we will be successful.

"Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Everett, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Everett, WA

I have been working at SNBL USA full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good Salary, non-Micro Managing Director

Cons

Some bad eggs are allowed to stay too long, kills productivity and moral

Advice to Management

WA may be the wrong place for this, maybe move to Idaho, too many tree hugging granola munchers in WA to stomach this essential, vital work. Need a state full of adults that can make the tough decisions.

"Don't believe the negative!"

I have been working at SNBL USA full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people to work with, and the executive management cares about everyone. You get in return, what you give! This company wants to succeed and knows how to treat their employees!

Cons

In any company, you are putting your trust in the executives to make the right decisions, and lead the company to success. After the lay offs, it has been harder to feel that trust.

Advice to Management

Keep trying to gain the trust of your employees, and continue to give that positive feedback!

"Is There a Future for SNBL USA?"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Everett, WA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Everett, WA

I worked at SNBL USA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

SNBL USA has a few things going for it. Levels of compassion toward animal welfare are of utmost importance. Also, there are a lot of really good people at this company. Why they stay is a mystery to me.

Cons

SNBL USA is not an environment where you will grow and thrive. It’s a huge waste of the company’s money to hire someone, then not foster and support them to grow and learn. Certainly don’t expect a raise or promotion as they are few and far between. Loyalty is not respected at this company, and innovation is not happening. This company could function as a stepping stone in your career path, but don’t expect to be there for more than 2 years. In that time, you’ll be dodging layoffs, and dealing with constant cutting of benefits, to the extent that the company may not be around much longer.
    The company laid-off a significant portion of their workforce in 2016, something like 30% of the company. Then, they began cutting everything. 401K matching was taken away, workloads were increased for those that remained, and the cuts literally included cutting of janitorial services.
    If they can’t afford to pay janitors to clean the offices, what comes next?

Advice to Management

The occasional kudos for a job well done can go a long way in job satisfaction.
    You really should refocus on retaining employees and fostering their development. Stop cutting every benefit. You are nurturing an environment where no one will want to stay.

"Good place to start"

I worked at SNBL USA full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The people are great and the skills you learn will serve you well.

Cons

The company has undergone 3 lay-off cycles in the past ~5 years.

"The Good, the Bad and the Ugly"

I worked at SNBL USA full-time

Pros

Overall a good company to work with. Working conditions can be extreme but regular breaks and general attitude of most co-workers was a plus. Pay is above average, good benefits... but the cons lead to a large turnover of employees.

Cons

The condescending manner in which certain department managers speak to employees; advancement is based on who you know rather than how well you perform.

Advice to Management

Treat employees equally and according to job performance rather than how well you know them personally after hours. Speak to employees in a professional and respectful manner.

"Don't Believe the Haters"

I have been working at SNBL USA full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Overall, a very good place to work in a tough industry. Company attracts really smart people committed to advancing science for those who are really sick. Client service is the name of the game in the CRO world and the company does a decent job overall. Despite what the animal rights lunatics would have you believe, people who work here are some of the most competent, compassionate, friendly and caring people I have ever worked with. You also cannot predict patient safety in an in vitro laboratory - that's tree hugging bu*#sh!t. Most managers and supervisors really care about their staff -- thank you.

Cons

Senior leaders need to be more visible. Listen to the people who work hard every day. Leave your offices! Direction of the company is still unclear sometimes. Follow through on things you start.

Advice to Management

We need you to be strong and steady as we are heading in the right direction. Remind us (your employees) how awesome we are. Focus on cost savings that would net bigger savings. Stop counting pencils.

"Needs improvement"

Pros

Biology experience for a first job.

Cons

Pay, longevity, management, company culture, treated as disposable

Advice to Management

Keep your long-term employees around and happy- clients will notice better study quality and stay around.

SNBL USA Response

Nov 8, 2016 – Vice President, Human Resources

Thank you for your review. I am sorry your experience with our company was not more positive. We are in the process of conducting our annual employee opinion survey. We have heard from 57.23% of... More

"Bad experience all around"

Former Employee - Research Associate in Everett, WA
    Former Employee - Research Associate in Everett, WA

I worked at SNBL USA full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Not many. It's something to put on your resume and get your foot in the door of the CRO industry.

Cons

So many. Management is promoted by default from the pool of people too talentless to go elsewhere. Backstabbing and gossip is rife. HR handles sexual harassment of female employees by grilling the women on what they did to 'provoke or encourage' the harassment. I consider myself lucky to have gotten out of this job with my sanity intact.

SNBL USA Response

Nov 8, 2016 – Vice President, Human Resources

Thank you for sharing your perspective. I hope you are doing well in your new position. We are in the process of conducting our annual employee opinion survey. We have heard from 57.23% of our... More