SNC-Lavalin Consultant Reviews | Glassdoor

Neil Bruce
  1. "Great for the lazy"

Former Employee - Junior Consultant in Sandton

I worked at SNC-Lavalin full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Freedom to develop your own skills.

Cons

No development support; No management; No leadership.

Advice to Management

Be more involved in developing and leading your staff and less interested in the bottom line. Employees make the world go round.

SNC-Lavalin2019-01-08
  2. "Lots of opportunities and varied work poor management and very stingy with pay"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England

I have been working at SNC-Lavalin full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Lots of opportunities, varied work, very supportive if you'd like to move locations, lots of training available

Cons

Poor management, No one really keeps an eye out to see if you're working too hard, too keen to mark your work as good/meets expectations but don't like to promote and even when they do pay increase is minimal

Advice to Management

Stop being so stingy

SNC-Lavalin2018-03-18
  3. "Consult"

Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at SNC-Lavalin full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great staff and a good employer . Everyone help each other and a good working environment. The managers know what they are doing

Cons

Nothing bad that would be mentioned here . Look a my comment at pros for the company . The company was formally interfleet and since 2016 we are and lavalin

Advice to Management

Good

SNC-Lavalin2016-07-12

"Poor mentality"

Former Employee - Quality Consultant in Montreal, QC

I worked at SNC-Lavalin full-time for less than a year

Pros

On the first day, I've been told by my VP that my job is to bill as much as possible to the customer. During the mandate at customer site, support was poor. Have been declined training. Worst job ever.

Cons

Poor mentality. SNC Lavalin uses people to bill customers, regardless of work actually achieved and working conditions. Then they trash employees as commodities.

Advice to Management

Respect people and customers. Stop managing by financial metrics and try to make the world a better place. It pays in the long run.

SNC-Lavalin2016-03-11

"Poor mentality"

I worked at SNC-Lavalin

Pros

Pay is in the industry average.

Cons

Terrible culture: my manager told me the first day that my job is to charge as much as possible the customer. During my six mont tenure, I've been doing nothing but spend time at customer offices and charge for my time.

Advice to Management

Respect your customers

SNC-Lavalin2015-03-10

"Expect to wait a long time to get paid if you are a consultant"

Former Employee - Consultant in Montreal, QC

I worked at SNC-Lavalin for less than a year

Pros

Lavalin has a large number of good professionals who work hard, and in the professional area, appear to respect consultants and staff. Still a lot of opportunities to work for them, despite blacklisting. They do interesting, high-quality work.

Cons

Consultants working for them may have a problem because in some cases Lavalin appears to ignore contract payment terms to small suppliers. If a contract says payment within 30 days of receipt of an invoice - and nothing more - most of us would expect, having delivered the service professionally acknowledged to be of good quality, to be paid within 30 days. In past years this was the case. I have seen recently, however,...

Advice to Management

Apply the same ethical considerations you are using with other institutions to your relations with suppliers. If your intention is not to pay them in 30 days, but in 60 days, then rewrite your contract templates - or - and really this should not need to be pointed out - honor your contract obligations.

SNC-Lavalin2014-06-19

"Poor ethic"

I worked at SNC-Lavalin full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good resources (library) and benefits

Cons

Body shopping, unpersonal, non-professional. My mandate as consultant was to charge as much as possible to the customer, no matter the work was useful or not. Fired when mandate was completed, no new mandate was offered.

Advice to Management

Business ethic must be improved. Befriending with Muammar Gaddafi is one thing, treating customers and employees as cash cows is an other thing. No surprise the company is involved in bribery and money laundrying scandals.

SNC-Lavalin2013-04-10