SNI Companies Reviews | Glassdoor

3.3
Derek Dewan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Very high turnover rate/Benefits could be better (in 18 reviews)

• Upper management/corporate is corrupted with those only willing to protect their own by any means necessary (in 13 reviews)

1. "Great company"

Former Employee - Sales in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Sales in Atlanta, GA

I worked at SNI Companies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Never boring, always changing and exciting

Cons

Lots of travel and time away from home

Advice to Management

Set up a training program

2. "Managing Director"

Current Employee - Managing Director in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Managing Director in Dallas, TX

I have been working at SNI Companies full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

We are seeing great things come out of our new owners GEE Group. Ton of opportunity and great leadership

Cons

Need to work on our consistency as we grow.

Advice to Management

none/NNN

3. "Strong Sales Culture"

Pros

Strong sales culture and strong metrics

Cons

Training is not organized well

"Recruiting manager"

Pros

I can't think of any

Cons

Where to begin? Too many favorites and cliques like this is high school again. Upper management is good friends with someone higher up in the company and the upper management woman is very rude. Oh, and gossip like no other. Everyone bad mouths each other behind their backs but is so nice to their face. Management wants some people to come in earlier than others for no specific reason. What goes one for, goes for all. You can't pick and choose who can come in later, that's just not fair. There is no training at all. You have to figure it out for yourself.

Advice to Management

Train your employees and don't mix business with friend. A manager shouldn't be working at a company where she's good friends with someone above her.

Nov 2, 2017 – Corporate Project Manager

Your Advice to Management referencing training and a need for more, is one that we have been hearing often and I am pleased to say that we are actively working on developing a new, more robust... More

5. "Accountant"

I have been working at SNI Companies full-time

Pros

Great company. The staff was outstanding in finding me full time employment

Cons

I have no cons at this time.

"We aren't Robert Half"

I have been working at SNI Companies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Helpful co-workers and have made some excellent friendships.

Cons

HORRIBLE leadership PERIOD! Zero training in place and that obviously isn't going to change. It is expected for the teams to help in training their new people while the Director plays on Facebook among other outside of work activities. Call blitzes and metrics are old school, yet the management doesn't lead by example or participate in most cases. Why is the Regional not assisting in bringing in business? Why are we not partnering with National Account Agreements to bring business into our area? Turnover is high. Did I say the management sucks?

Advice to Management

If you want to be like Robert Half, please invest in spending some money to make some money; and implement training if you are going to hire people with no experience so your teams can focus on their job.

Oct 30, 2017 – Corporate Project Manager

We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with us. Since you state you are a current employee at SNI Companies, I strongly encourage you to reach out to Human Resources to discuss your... More

"Recruiting Manager - A tale of two companies"

Former Employee - Recruiting Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Recruiting Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at SNI Companies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I worked for SNI Companies for 1.5 years as a permanent recruiter. When I began in early 2016, I had the good fortune to join a team of experienced recruiters who were helpful, thoughtful, friendly (and fun) and knowledgeable. I gained much insight from them as I began with SNI who, at the time, seemed to be growing locally; indeed we had much success in our office, and had a SIGNIFICANT increase in revenue production, both in terms of raw and percentage increase, from YTD 2015 to YTD 2016. We worked hard, billed well, and had fun. The camaraderie was excellent - not the case for all offices. SNI as a whole offered a good draw v commission structure; benefits were standard to subpar.

Cons

SNI was acquired by the GEE Group at the beginning of this year. Instead of making good on the promises of increasing resources and helping make us a strong player in our current market, the opposite occurred; people were getting fired in short order, people were leaving, and in either case, GEE/SNI would not re-fill the positions. The result? SNI in the Chicago area is a skeleton crew and a shadow of what they were just one year ago. Now, I don't sit on the inside of management, I don't know what their financials look like, but I can tell you that when you gut an office whose billing increased 10-fold from the prior year, it sends a strong signal: you do not care for market share. Accordingly, SNI continues to dwindle staff in the Chicago market. This appears not to be the case elsewhere - SNI offices in the South and in other markets look to be healthy - but the promises that the GEE Group would bolster Chicago, after months and months of "talk", has not happened. No transparency, poor communication, and, really, there is no alternative if you care about your career in the local Chicago market. It's too bad, and that's why I give a 3 of 5 star result: I was exceedingly glad and grateful in 2016; 2017? It's the great disappearing act of SNI in Chicago. Shame on you, GEE Group/SNI Companies.

Advice to Management

Well, good luck to the remaining SNI management. I'm assuming the GEE Group probably has not-so-savory plans for you here in Chicago and around the country, too, as their presence infiltrates SNI. But, I will share this: if you somehow manage to turn it around in Chicago after the 2017 gut job, my advice is that you hire experienced recruiters, provided them better technology and tools, and stress the level of team cooperation when running job orders (too many recruiters worked solely for themselves and not with their peers...why work for an agency if this is case?) Good luck, SNI.

Oct 17, 2017 – Corporate Project Manager

Your comments are both appreciated and insightful. We are saddened to hear that you are unhappy with the changes that have transpired within the Chicago area since GEE Group acquired SNI Companies... More

"Executive Recruiter"

I worked at SNI Companies full-time

Pros

Fun environment to work in.

Cons

lack of training. very cliquey. If you don't make nice with the right people right off the bat you will not make it very long.

Advice to Management

set your employees up for success instead of just throwing them in the deep end.

9. "Recruiting manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Buffalo Grove, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Buffalo Grove, IL

I worked at SNI Companies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They have a generous commission structure

Cons

Absolutely terrible, high turn over.

10. "Recruiting Manager"

I worked at SNI Companies full-time

Pros

I met nice people there that I now consider personal friends.

Cons

They offer no real training for newbies in the field. The way the set up their job orders orders and how they are shared in other local offices is deplorable and does not create a healthy competitive teamwork atmosphere, but rather a "take what is ours and don't share" environment.

Advice to Management

You are wasting company money hiring employees with no experience without providing extensive training. Your "throw them in the water and see if they'll swim" thinking will never move the company forward.

Oct 23, 2017 – Corporate Project Manager

We recognize that the desire for more training is a pain point here at SNI Companies. Enhancing and reinforcing our current training program is a company priority for us. We are looking in to adding... More