SNI Companies Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Derek Dewan

Pros
  • Best work-life balance in the industry (in 23 reviews)

• A positive work environment with strong management and training (in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • Very high turnover rate/Benefits could be better (in 16 reviews)

• no base salary, disconnected upper management, huge turn over (in 11 reviews)

"Culture, Opportunity, Pay"

Current Employee - Staffing Manager in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Staffing Manager in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at SNI Companies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very comfortable culture, work hard play hard!
    Tons of opportunity for those who prove themselves, this is a growing organization that wants to bring you along for the ride!
    With opportunity comes pay, work hard and reap the rewards.

Cons

Becoming more and more KPI focused, without taking a look at the broader picture. Some players are able to "add value" without logging tons of activity daily.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Foster great work ethic, reward those who work hard, push those who need it.

"Great Company Being Swallowed Up"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at SNI Companies full-time

Pros

This used to be a great company: family work environment, performance measured advancements, wonderful work-life balance.

Cons

SNI was recently swallowed up by Gee Group, a much larger company that lacks the grassroots, family company environment. Gee Group is currently doing a deep dive audit and strategically clearing out space within SNI for their own top performers. New employees who haven't been given the time to prove themselves are being let go without any notice whatsoever. It's typical business during an acquisition, but that doesn't make those being laid off feel any better. And you would think that being an employment agency it would be smart business to actually help those you're letting go find employment elsewhere. That would have been a better off boarding experience for all.

Now is not a good time to come on board this company.

Advice to Management

You hired those that you are letting go for a reason. Be fair to them and give them a notice so that they have time to find work. It's the right thing to do.

SNI Companies Response

Jun 22, 2017 – Corporate Project Manager

I am so sorry to hear that you do not feel as though you were treated fairly during your departure from SNI. SNI Companies recognizes that there has been quite a bit of transition and change ... More

"Staffing Manager"

Current Employee - Staffing Manager in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Staffing Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at SNI Companies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

SNI Companies is a highly competitive agency that distinguishes itself from competitors by providing honesty, integrity, and a work/life balance for its employees.

I started as a Staffing Manager with no industry experience. 2 years later, I consider this my career. I've heard horror stories about other staffing agencies keeping their employees under the gun and firing them for underperformance. SNI provides me with the tools and resources to develop personally and professionally, and I couldn't be happier with my work environment.

Cons

Little room for upward mobility

"Terrible culture, benefits, management and a hot mess internally"

Current Employee - Staffing Manager in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Staffing Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at SNI Companies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It's an easy interview process

Cons

The benefits don't even kick in till month 4. There is no paternity leave policy. They force you to quit. The culture in the Mid Atlantic is all about gossip and backstabbing. They can't even fill positions. I feel sorry for the false promises they make to clients.

Advice to Management

Change your benefits to make it more competitive and maybe people will stay.

SNI Companies Response

Jun 7, 2017 – HR Director

We appreciate you taking a moment to share your thoughts with us. Since you have been with us here at SNI Companies for over 3 years, you are aware that Senior Leadership has been making changes ... More

"Happy Camper"

Former Employee - Coordinator in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Coordinator in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at SNI Companies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My needs were always a Priority

Cons

Occasional lack of communication

Advice to Management

SNI was a wonderful company to work with during a tumultuous period in my career. I took a break from the corporate world and upon my return it was difficult to find an opportunity that was right for me. I was searching for the better part of a year when I decided to try a temp agency. In one month I had two promising interviews with great companies and landed a phenomenal job all because SNI believed I had the skills and talent to succeed! Richelle and Rose both took such a personal interest in my pursuit. If I was struggling they were struggling and when I succeeded they too succeeded! They care about their candidates and it was evident in how they choose to facilitate their duties. Give them both big raises! Thank you for everything SNI!!

"Hard work, long hours, little pay, lies"

Former Employee - Office Administrator in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Office Administrator in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at SNI Companies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I liked my manager, who is no longer with company

Cons

Everyone stabs everyone in the back. Admin, all staff. Lies. Hard work, Long hours, very little pay. No recognition. HR doesn't care.

"Toxic"

Former Employee - Staffing Manager in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Staffing Manager in Washington, DC

I worked at SNI Companies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There's a base salary
    Few good coworkers to commiserate in your misery with
    Training of new enployees, apparently a novice idea, does help

Cons

Would you like to be hired for one office and be forced to drive to other offices for no tangible reason? Come to SNI! Would you enjoy having retaliation claims ignored by management and HR? Come to SNI! Like to have zero autonomy to do your job and be micromanaged to death? Come to SNI!

Benefits are awful, expense and don't start until the first day of the fourth month. Fear not, your paycheck will be deducted the pay period prior (even though you aren't even covered). Never hears of that before? Yeah, me neither.

PTO doesn't start until fifth month if you can stand being there that long.

Higher ups have literally said this of employees: one wore hoochie mama shoes, one in cornrows looked ghetto, one was uneducated, former employees who give bad reviews on GD are clowns who couldn't make it. Haha, this is leadership? Laughable.

Underpay the candidate and overcharge the client!

Unless you're desperate for a job, don't come here. Even then, still don't come here. May as well apply to Half, they copy everything they do anyways!

Advice to Management

No point. They won't listen. If they did, the turnover rate in Metro DC wouldn't be so astronomical and they would have a resemblance of retention!

"recruitment mill"

Former Employee - Former Employee in Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Former Employee in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at SNI Companies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

some very good coworkers, good locations, lots of assignments,and you learn a lot!

Cons

People who work in Corporate, HR, Lies,false promises, "you'll make so much money here"

Advice to Management

Be truthful to candidates before they join, most branches are a revolving door!!!!

"Poor culture, mismanagement, and poor quality overall, fake postings- MD, DC and VA offices"

Current Employee - Vice President, Regional Sales Management in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Vice President, Regional Sales Management in Washington, DC

I have been working at SNI Companies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You do not need any qualifications to be hired as a staffing. They hire people without background checks. They hired a former internet cam star, former convicted felon, or have no experience in staffing, this office will hire you.

Cons

They can not recover from the historical reputation over the years of a bad recruiting firm with the poor quality of management and people. There has been at least 15 RVPs, xx MD, YY Directors, and a slew of recruiters. They have a hostile blaming culture that starts at the top and has driven top producers to leave the company. There is a contingent of alumni who clearly has left the company to start at better firms or their own firms because they were poorly mistreated. The size of the alumni base in DC/VA and MD alone is larger than their current staff. They are successful and carry the same story about how they were left, terminated or resigned at the peak of their game. The impact is it hurts their relationships with outside vendors. It is toxic inside and they treat their relationship with the same negative care. It doesn't make sense why there is so much turnover. This has impacted their reputation where clients can no longer go to them for business. Their candidates fall off and quit cause they are poor quality. Their candidates are giving false hopes about the opportunities they bring in.

Advice to Management

Do you think driving people out by creating a shaming culture is no way to keep employees happy? If they are hiring it's to back fill staff that has left. Stop posting fake postings! you lie lie lie!

"Honesty is not the best policy"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Boston, MA

I worked at SNI Companies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice coworkers who get along

Cons

Its nearly impossible for an honest ethical person to do well & get recognised in the Northeast region because the regional executive management encourages you to lie and put through perm placements that arent real just to boost the numbers so they look good. whats the point of working hard to close deals when you know people are gonna make up fake ones anyways. doesnt take much to see that most of the deals coming out of the Boston office are made up. theres actual proof from candidate emails in the database turning down offers but the management there is still putting the deals thru. its the most dishonest executive management I've ever seen. corporate is either blind to it or choosing to ignore it and not sure which is worse. and thats not fair to the employees that are there to do their job. but who cares about that! Im just glad I work for another company now that doesnt do things like that. in any other place, people like that would be terminated not praised.

Advice to Management

To corporate and the accounting department; pay attention. should be some kind of quality control process, like when a client hasnt paid or a candidate hasn't started, like 4 to 6 months later. red flag!!!