SNOPAC 911 Reviews | Glassdoor

CEO

"A job with purpose"

Current Employee - Police Dispatcher in Everett, WA
    Current Employee - Police Dispatcher in Everett, WA

I have been working at SNOPAC 911 full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I love my job, it can be hard and hours can be long but every day I do something important that I am proud of.

Cons

Takes time to learn the job and management is demanding

Advice to Management

More opportunities to train

2. "Love the actual.job, despise the company."

Former Employee - Police Dispatcher in Everett, WA
    Former Employee - Police Dispatcher in Everett, WA

I worked at SNOPAC 911 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It is rewarding to be able to help save lives everyday. The pay was decent and benefits were good.

Cons

Upper management was thr worst out of any company I have ever worked for. Even majority of the floor supervisors were awful. They would find "targets" and basically make your life a living hell until you eventually couldnt handle it and quit. The mental.abuse I endured daily was ridiculous. Do yourself a favor and NEVER work here!!!

Advice to Management

Until you get rid of the main guy, things will never change. You dont listen to your employees and treat them all like the dont have a voice. Awful.

"Great job, terrible management"

Current Employee - Dispatcher in Everett, WA
    Current Employee - Dispatcher in Everett, WA

I have been working at SNOPAC 911 full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Working with a great team of caring professionals who all pull together when major incidents happen. Good pay. Decent amount of vacation time given yearly.

Cons

Management breaks their contract with the union whenever they see fit. SNOPAC was subject to an unfair labor practices law suit in the past year. Management treats all employees like another replaceable butt in the chair. At least 17 people have quit despite making a really good living in the past year. It's a stressful enough job without management manipulating the employees and creating short staffing situations.

Advice to Management

Listen to what people are saying in their exit interviews. Nearly everyone working at SNOPAC loves what they do. There are 65+ assets to your company employed and doing their best to take pride in their work. Mistakes happen when people are run down so by making such a hostile work environment you're setting SNOPAC up for failure and first responders and the public for unnecessary injury and delayed response.

"Great Place to Work from job satisfaction to salary and benefits"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Everett, WA

I have been working at SNOPAC 911 full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Salary and benefits are excellent. Each day we are helping people and having an impact on making sure people get the help they need.

Cons

There is an us versus them attitude between management and employees sometimes and both groups could do more to put an end to that. There are too many people who think they are entitled. For a job where you don't need more than a high school diploma you get paid very well, including state retirement plan, good benefits and lots of time off.

Advice to Management

Tuition assistance would be nice.

"Low Morale & Poor Treatment."

I have been working at SNOPAC 911 full-time

Pros

The job itself is rewarding.

Cons

Micromanaging either through self-initiated power trips or at the direction of Operations staff.

Mandatory overtime. There is no home / work life balance when you are REQUIRED to be able to find a babysitter at all hours, AND expect the babysitter or daycare to be able to keep your child 4 hours longer (on short notice) because you were ordered to work...and it is not just once in a blue moon-it is on a REGULAR basis.

Inability to get time off-even though you have the time on the books! You have to beg and plead and trade with co-workers... Guess you won't be able to take your child to the doctor. Forget about attending their graduation. Those surprise concert tickets? Give them away, because you won't be going. Think this is a bunch of hooey? Investigate it for yourself if you are applying here. Where there's smoke there's fire.

Advice to Management

SNOPAC is losing some fantastic employees... It is so sad to see that the level of customer service for the citizens will suffer because of the inability to set aside egos and do the right thing. There ARE many bad apples at this organization...and they take the form of MANAGEMENT. Shame on you!

"All you are is a warm body to management..."

Current Employee - 911 Call Taker/Dispatcher in Everett, WA
    Current Employee - 911 Call Taker/Dispatcher in Everett, WA

I have been working at SNOPAC 911 full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Pay is good. Many of the co-workers are amazing people who love what they do. Job security.

Cons

High stress work and environment. It's shift work so the hours are terrible. Constantly understaffed which means employees are forced to work mandatory overtime on a very regular basis (often 1-2 times a week). It is obvious that management doesn't care about the employees- we are just a number and a warm body in the seat. 2014 brought a change to the schedules call center staff was offered; going from four 10hr shifts to five 8hr shifts = one extra day of commute, one extra day of childcare needed, one less day off, 5 opportunities to be mandated to work a 12 hr overtime shift instead of 4.

Advice to Management

Wake up! Look at what your poor choices and decisions are doing to this place! Stop with the blanket assumptions and micro managing of policies. Try to act like you care about the staff and do what needs to be done to retain employees.

"From bad to worse"

I have been working at SNOPAC 911 full-time

Pros

The only pros are pay and vacation time, and those are hardly worth the negatives.

Cons

Management has went downhill in the last few years. There is no communication and things will implode, probably sooner than later. No one is appreciated, there is 0 morale and surprisingly it is just getting worse.

Advice to Management

LISTEN!

8. "Dispatcher"

Current Employee - Dispatcher
    Current Employee - Dispatcher

I have been working at SNOPAC 911 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great pay for not needing a degree.

Cons

shift work, must work holidays, weekends. can be stressful

"Supervisor/Dispatcher"

I worked at SNOPAC 911 full-time

Pros

Very good place to work. Pay and benefits are excellent

Cons

Shift work isn't for everyone

"My new career"

I have been working at SNOPAC 911 full-time

Pros

We see (hear) it all from the most mundane complaints to life and death situations. I'm so glad I found this job. I bounced around for a few years just trying to make a buck and then I discovered SNOPAC. I agree with the other posts that talk about doing something with a purpose and making a difference. Last year I made over 70 thousand double what I made at my last job and even though there are things that aren't great I'm finally doing something that I know is imporant. Like the others have said shift work is different but my schedule works perfect for me. The cops love us which is new for me and makes me feel good and I always make sure to keep them safe. There are a lot of nuts out there and they get hassled all the time so to all of you who think cops are the problem I have news for you.

Cons

My biggest complaint is the level of gossip when its slow which happens a lot on graveyards. They just started evaluating us every month which seems like overkill but I passed my qa and it wasn't that hard. We heard there was a big law suite about the schedule and when we lost our appeal I guess we will stay on the current schedule. Our union tells us to be patient so they can push management but they always seem to be fighting some thing I just don't see it. My biggest complaint is that the supervisors arent always on the same page.

Advice to Management

I've seen information about new groups that are allowing us employees figure out how to best do the job and that is good for us. I know that supervisors and managers care about us and that makes me feel good.