SNOPAC 911 Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Dispatcher"

Current Employee - Dispatcher
    Current Employee - Dispatcher

I have been working at SNOPAC 911 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great pay for not needing a degree.

Cons

shift work, must work holidays, weekends. can be stressful

2. "Working environment"

Former Employee - Dispatcher
    Former Employee - Dispatcher

I worked at SNOPAC 911 full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great coworkers, exciting job

Cons

Poor employee morale and retention

Advice to Management

Care about your employees.

3. "Dispatcher"

I worked at SNOPAC 911 full-time

Pros

Helping people in their time of need

Cons

Working weekends and holidays and too much overtime

Advice to Management

Treat employees fairly and stop judging them so harshly

4. "Love the actual.job, despise the company."

Former Employee - Police Dispatcher in Everett, WA
    Former Employee - Police Dispatcher in Everett, WA

I worked at SNOPAC 911 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It is rewarding to be able to help save lives everyday. The pay was decent and benefits were good.

Cons

Upper management was thr worst out of any company I have ever worked for. Even majority of the floor supervisors were awful. They would find "targets" and basically make your life a living hell until you eventually couldnt handle it and quit. The mental.abuse I endured daily was ridiculous. Do yourself a favor and NEVER work here!!!

Advice to Management

Until you get rid of the main guy, things will never change. You dont listen to your employees and treat them all like the dont have a voice. Awful.

"Supervisor/Dispatcher"

I worked at SNOPAC 911 full-time

Pros

Very good place to work. Pay and benefits are excellent

Cons

Shift work isn't for everyone

"My new career"

I have been working at SNOPAC 911 full-time

Pros

We see (hear) it all from the most mundane complaints to life and death situations. I'm so glad I found this job. I bounced around for a few years just trying to make a buck and then I discovered SNOPAC. I agree with the other posts that talk about doing something with a purpose and making a difference. Last year I made over 70 thousand double what I made at my last job and even though there are things that aren't great I'm finally doing something that I know is imporant. Like the others have said shift work is different but my schedule works perfect for me. The cops love us which is new for me and makes me feel good and I always make sure to keep them safe. There are a lot of nuts out there and they get hassled all the time so to all of you who think cops are the problem I have news for you.

Cons

My biggest complaint is the level of gossip when its slow which happens a lot on graveyards. They just started evaluating us every month which seems like overkill but I passed my qa and it wasn't that hard. We heard there was a big law suite about the schedule and when we lost our appeal I guess we will stay on the current schedule. Our union tells us to be patient so they can push management but they always seem to be fighting some thing I just don't see it. My biggest complaint is that the supervisors arent always on the same page.

Advice to Management

I've seen information about new groups that are allowing us employees figure out how to best do the job and that is good for us. I know that supervisors and managers care about us and that makes me feel good.

"A job with purpose"

Current Employee - Police Dispatcher in Everett, WA
    Current Employee - Police Dispatcher in Everett, WA

I have been working at SNOPAC 911 full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I love my job, it can be hard and hours can be long but every day I do something important that I am proud of.

Cons

Takes time to learn the job and management is demanding

Advice to Management

More opportunities to train

"Great job, terrible management"

Current Employee - Dispatcher in Everett, WA
    Current Employee - Dispatcher in Everett, WA

I have been working at SNOPAC 911 full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Working with a great team of caring professionals who all pull together when major incidents happen. Good pay. Decent amount of vacation time given yearly.

Cons

Management breaks their contract with the union whenever they see fit. SNOPAC was subject to an unfair labor practices law suit in the past year. Management treats all employees like another replaceable butt in the chair. At least 17 people have quit despite making a really good living in the past year. It's a stressful enough job without management manipulating the employees and creating short staffing situations.

Advice to Management

Listen to what people are saying in their exit interviews. Nearly everyone working at SNOPAC loves what they do. There are 65+ assets to your company employed and doing their best to take pride in their work. Mistakes happen when people are run down so by making such a hostile work environment you're setting SNOPAC up for failure and first responders and the public for unnecessary injury and delayed response.

"Great Place to Work from job satisfaction to salary and benefits"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Everett, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Everett, WA

I have been working at SNOPAC 911 full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Salary and benefits are excellent. Each day we are helping people and having an impact on making sure people get the help they need.

Cons

There is an us versus them attitude between management and employees sometimes and both groups could do more to put an end to that. There are too many people who think they are entitled. For a job where you don't need more than a high school diploma you get paid very well, including state retirement plan, good benefits and lots of time off.

Advice to Management

Tuition assistance would be nice.

"Outstanding place to work!"

I have been working at SNOPAC 911 full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great team synergy! Management is very receptive to suggestions made within departments and strives to provide as best of a work life balance as possible! Advanced training is readily available for those that would take the step to use it. They also treat their military members very well when it comes to balancing your reserve military commitments with your work schedule. Overall this is an amazing place to work!

Cons

Every company has a few "bad apples". Right now those apples are on here trying to tarnish a great organization for their own personal gain. Having served in the military, I know first hand how public safety at times requires flexibility or longer hours. Sometimes that is the case here. You may be called in at odd hours, or have to go above and beyond in service to your community. This really isn't a con, its part of the job. Some individuals, however, would rather attempt to publicly discredit the work we are doing here rather than make the effort to come forth with tangible ideas to help improve public safety in Snohomish County. Of any company (public or private) I have worked for, this has been the best by far!

Advice to Management

Just keep on doing the amazing job you guys do for us everyday!