SOCi Reviews

Updated Jun 26, 2020

4.4
SOCi Chief Executive Officer Afif Khoury
Afif Khoury
Pros
  • "Everyone is very dedicated to their work but the team also has a ton of fun together during team outings and company events(in 5 reviews)

• "I am leaving this review because I honestly feel that this company has grown in many good ways over the last few months I have been there(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "There are growing pains as with any company, but I feel heard when I provide feedback(in 10 reviews)

• "Depends on your personality, but like someone else mentioned, it's a fast-paced and self-started type of atmosphere(in 5 reviews)

1. "Best Sales Gig I've Ever Had"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at SOCi full-time for less than a year

Pros

Product is next-level and R&D is at the forefront of our messaging. Every week we are making new innovations. We're bringing on some of the biggest brands in the world and CS is second to none. The executives are incredibly transparent and hands on when it comes to helping new hires get acclimated and properly trained. SOCi has taught me so much in a very short period of time. Think I finally found my second home!

Cons

Very saturated space. If you don't have experience selling this product you will have a difficult time hitting quota unless you're dedicating 10+ hours a week to rigorous prospecting, networking, and product knowledge.

Continue reading
  2. "An incredible company set up for longterm success"

I have been working at SOCi full-time

Pros

- The vision of the company is clear, innovative and very thoughtful - SOCi has grown substantially over the past few years and continues to grow at a rapid rate - There is a lot of opportunity for career growth - SOCi is very customer-centric and takes client feedback to heart which is refreshing - The leadership team is made up of the most intelligent, experienced, and kind executives I've ever met, which inspires me to work harder and put my best foot forward every day - The company treats you like family and prioritizes their employees' health - Employee benefits are awesome (flex PTO, affordable health plans, 401k, paid holidays, paid parking, fun company-sponsored events)

Cons

- The workload can be heavy so you need to stay focused and sometimes work lots of hours to keep up with projects - As with most growing companies, there is at times a lack of process but this is improving over time

Continue reading

3. "Compelling company to work for!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at SOCi full-time

Pros

Innovative technology Fast paced environment Amazing people to work with SOCi promotes a learning culture Sense of community, collaborative environment CEO is very friendly, approachable Lots of room for growth/promotions, the company has grown tremendously in the last few years Modern office in the heart of downtown San Diego Great benefits: flex PTO, catered lunches, casual dress code, paid holidays, paid parking, company sponsored events Work hard play hard environment Constant improvements to work flows and open to feedback Very customer centric High autonomy

Cons

Definitely not a con but you won’t succeed here if you’re not a go-getter. If you’re looking for a 9-5 clock in clock out type of job then this is not the place for you Misaligned communication at times and indecisiveness Not a con but the company has grown really fast and with that comes the startup growing pains First time and seasoned managers alike need more management training No 401k matching Again, not a con but I've seen people think they can get by doing the bare minimum, get let go when they don't improve then write bad reviews on sites like these

Continue reading
  4. "Qualities of Big in a mid-size company"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Diego, CA

I have been working at SOCi full-time for more than a year

Pros

Excellent work atmosphere Nice leadership Your voice is heard Unselfish growth Getting better every single day Professional attitude Flexible time Free parking, coffee, snacks, etc.

Cons

No 401K matching No bonus No stock Very rare promotions within a limited circle Unclear path

5. "Great Company that Goes Above & Beyond for their Employees"

Current Employee - Marketing in Austin, TX

I have been working at SOCi full-time for less than a year

Pros

SOCi provides a lot of career opportunities and welcomes feedback from employees with an open mind. The company goes above and beyond to ensure their employees have a good work environment, opportunities for growth, and provides their team with what ever they need to be happy and successful in their jobs. From top to bottom, the company is willing to invest resources in people who are passionate about their work, believe in the products, and work hard to deliver and hit their goals. You're always encouraged to share your thoughts and management is always open to providing you with guidance and the tools you need to accomplish your job. Being in a company where everyone is motived to do better, work harder, and be successful is the perfect environment to grow personally and professionally.

Cons

No success comes easy and no one is perfect. When faced with challenge, SOCi encourages you to reach out to talk about it to find a solution. Don't hide in your shell and make assumptions.

Continue reading
  6. "Great company and a great opportunity!"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Austin, TX

I have been working at SOCi full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company offers each employee a competitive salary and room for advancement. Most if not all of the employees are helpful and genuinely want the best for each other.

Cons

As in any startup, things change quickly, and those that can adapt are rewarded.

Continue reading

"Amazing company with unlimited growth potential"

I have been working at SOCi full-time

Pros

I can’t say enough great things about this company! I have never worked for a company where the ENTIRE admin team was supportive and always there to help. I would definitely recommend this company to anyone. I’ve personally received calls from the CEO (really nice and extremely bright!) asking for my opinion and just to check-in. I feel valued and appreciated. They’re always trying to make improvements to the work-flow based on data, feedback and collaboration.

Cons

There are growing pains as with any company, but I feel heard when I provide feedback.

Continue reading

"High energy. High Autonomy. Be Ready To Hit The Ground Running"

Current Employee - Strategic Account Executive in San Diego, CA

I have been working at SOCi full-time for more than a year

Pros

It's a very high-energy environment; coming out of the start-up phase into a strong entity is fun and rewarding. I love the autonomy given to work from home and travel around the country for conferences and client events. The compensation is competitive and can be highly rewarding (and not just for that one salesperson that kills it - everyone has the potential for strong earnings. Leadership is willing to step in and help get a deal across the finish line; working collaboratively to win, we are able to be competitive and make things happen.

Cons

You have to hit the ground running, so you must be prepared to jump right in. The training was lacking at the time I started but has come a long way and the tools are all there now. Must be comfortable with change as the direction can pivot with an ever-evolving market. This can be exciting, but if you're not comfortable with changing lanes quickly, it may not be the best fit.

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at SOCi full-time

Pros

I worked for another startup before this and the differences are night and day. Everyone here is willing to help and moving in unison to a common goal. I've really enjoyed how management knows everyone at the company, even though the company is growing very fast and there are a ton of remote workers.

Cons

Depends on your personality, but like someone else mentioned, it's a fast-paced and self-started type of atmosphere. This is very typical of startups. But if you crave a slower environment, this may not be the right fit for you

10. "Hardwork Pays off"

I have been working at SOCi full-time

Pros

-Challenging, fast-paced, rewarding work -Great career development opportunities with unique opportunities and projects -Cross-Departmental alignment that allows for personal and professional relationships -Management is transparent and provides an open door policy to address issues

Cons

-The fast-paced environment can feel a bit tiring at times, however, the flexibility and benefits do allow time to recollect your thoughts.

Found 63 reviews