SOTI Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 177 reviews

2.8
SOTI CEO Carl Rodrigues
Carl Rodrigues
Pros
  • "Good work life balance , Great Manager(in 10 reviews)

• "Great teamwork, good work environment, exciting industry, excellent options for after work fun(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "The biggest one is the lack of trust or inability to work from home(in 8 reviews)

• "CMO, VPs, managers, it’s happened many times(in 4 reviews)

"Exciting Times, Extraordinary Talent, Future is Bright!"

Current Employee - Sales in Rogers, AR

I have been working at SOTI full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Sound and Passionate Leadership Culture of Excellence & Growth Deep and Diverse Cast of Committed Talent Laser-focused on Customer Happiness Endless Opportunities to Learn & Grow Customers Praise our Products and Support

Cons

Hyper fast-paced, very demanding - making time to consistently learn, train, learn and train more.

Advice to Management

Continue reinforcing your commitment to your greatest assets - your people! Continue investing in training to cultivate and produce the industry's best-in-class professionals! Continue building and reinforcing a culture that attracts and keeps the very best talent. Dream Bigger, Build Bigger, Deliver Bigger - to attract and keep the very best customers!

2. "OK"

Current Employee - Software Developer

I have been working at SOTI for more than 2 years

Pros

- Work from home allowed (though not encouraged)

Cons

- At times felt like they had no direction or not a clear direction

"TITANIC with Leonardo the COO"

I worked at SOTI full-time

Pros

Leaving SOTI is the most positive thing you can do. You fired and lost the best Talents!!

Cons

You already hit the Iceberg! You are not listening to your key people... Well you running out of key people... Good luck.

Advice to Management

Listen to your last remaining key people. What a shame...

"The other negative reviews have hit the ail on the head"

I worked at SOTI full-time

Pros

Cool and growing industry to work in. Lots of growth and potential to work on exciting projects

Cons

Terrible leadership - in my time there the company was a ship without a strong captain. It all starts from the top and when you have a leader that tries to micromanage nothing really does get done. Lack of professionalism - the biggest gripe with SOTI is that many times I saw a complete disrespect of employees and professionalism. For example, on more than one occasion I've seen a manager yell at their subordinate...

Advice to Management

I'm sure management has changed since I worked there in 2013. If it hasn't I would say don't waste your time. If it has and gotten better than I wish you luck!

SOTI Response

September 24, 2015HR Generalist

Dear reviewer, Thank you for providing us with your feedback on our company. We are in a period of rapid growth and change within the organization. Since 2013, we have implemented multiple leadership development programs specifically training on how to have difficult conversations, ...

"Great steppingstone"

I have been working at SOTI

Pros

Lots of teams, lots of talent in the company

Cons

Not enough compensation for the hours owrked

"A company driving itself into the ground."

Former Employee - Sales

I worked at SOTI full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Networking for a new job and No accountability. There is a lot of milk and cream for your coffee in the fridge.

Cons

Employees are leaving faster than they can hire. (Approx 4-6 a week). In a recent announcement the CEO clearly stated he will never sell, he will never ask for VC funding or ever go public. In the same announcement he introduced employee stocks. If you want money, I guess that's where you go to get it. Ask your employees. If SOTI is accelerating down, the CEO just jumped on the gas pedal.

Advice to Management

If there is any chance of SOTI staying afloat... Sell while you can get a little money before you put all those people out of a job.

"This company has not changed. Run!"

I worked at SOTI full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

I have nothing positive to report about working here.

Cons

Lack of direction and organization. Complete chaos internally with no real management structure, no job role definitions, metrics, etc. All titles are powerless unless you are the owner of the company. No ability to execute perceived job role due to lack of support internally and needing to work with equally disgruntled employees.

Advice to Management

Your employees are trying to make the company better. Listen to them.

• "Good company but not perfect"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Birmingham, England

I have been working at SOTI full-time

Pros

Good product, Great "familly", lot of travels and exciting experience.

Cons

Top manager not really concerned ...

Advice to Management

take care of your employee

"Awesome People!"

I have been working at SOTI full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

- The people ( fun/passionate team and empowering managers) - Work life balance and flexibility. - Growth opportunities - Nice and vibrant open office space - Continuously learning - "SOTI Day" -summer party that happens once a year for the entire organization

Cons

- Changes happening rapidly due to the fast growth of the organization - Benefits are good but could be better - Subsidized food would be nice

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees and continue to empower your managers and leaders.

"Demoralizing, untrustworthy and chaotic place to work..."

Former Employee - Software Developer in Mississauga, ON

I worked at SOTI full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

The technology used for programmers is good for keeping up with industry standards. Great for new grads...1 year max (recommended). The sincere relationships you can manage to have in a high school like scenario.

Cons

Toxic relationships between senior staff and the rest of the teams. Poor benefits, and mediocre vacation/sick days. Every internal celebration feels like a staged media event to draw in people, so fake. Upper management sets a very negative and combative tone which is hard to ignore even if you want to.

Found 177 reviews