SPEECH SOFT SOLUTIONS FORMERLY SPEECH-SOFT Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated July 26, 2017

3.4
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Exactly the culture I've been looking for all these years..."

Current Employee - Solutions Architect in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Solutions Architect in Plano, TX

I have been working at SPEECH SOFT SOLUTIONS FORMERLY SPEECH-SOFT full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The open, friendly, empowered, culture is the best I've worked for in the almost 30 years I've been working. No middle management. They take care of their people. Have an idea? Run with it to see if there's a market. I look forward to working, even on Mondays!

Cons

While I haven't been here a year, there are not many Cons that I've found. Some of the benefits are not quite up to par with larger rivals, they are more than adequate.

Advice to Management

Please, even though we are growing, do not change the culture. That is what keeps me here.

2. "Great growing Company. Opportunity to Learn and grow."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I have been working at SPEECH SOFT SOLUTIONS FORMERLY SPEECH-SOFT full-time

Pros

Outstanding opportunity to learn and growth with fast paced technology. The company's size and growth rate make this more like a startup with frequent opportunities to contribute and manage new initiatives and clients. For top energetic employees, you are able to move fast and grow in responsibility far more than a larger organization. Collaborative, team oriented culture where people take extra time to share information and assist with technical or client issues. Good training and certification opportunities.

Cons

You need to take the initiative to insert your self into the opportunities. You could get left behind if u have your head in the sand based on the speed of the technology and products.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in employee development, training and certification.

3. "engineer"

Pros

Good company for a start-up job. Nice lab to work and learn while you are not project.

Cons

poor management. A lot of stress when not in project.

Advice to Management

care about employees

"Liars & con indians"

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at SPEECH SOFT SOLUTIONS FORMERLY SPEECH-SOFT full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Untrustworthy, back stabbing, speak in indian language.

Cons

Will lie for their own gain, but in business and in personal life. Sleeze bags.

Advice to Management

Quit.

"Abandoned, treated like a second class citizen"

Former Employee - VTC
    Former Employee - VTC

I worked at SPEECH SOFT SOLUTIONS FORMERLY SPEECH-SOFT full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Hard to think of a pro, but in fairness I will say that there is a lot of leniency and they did not micro manage anything.

Cons

Where do I begin ........
    -in the two years of working for them on a client's site, I have spoke with them 3 times
    -They removed End of Year bonuses to institute a "better" policy, attendance bonus (which was used against me)
    -Despite making every attempt to learn more, gain more skills, become a better technician, I recieved a phone call from management stating that the idea of paying or reimburing for training is a waste of their money since they only wanted to make money off of the client FOR BILLABLE HOURS.
    -My contract wasn't renewed and the company decided to pack up and leave, and I found out about this from the client. NOT ONCE did I recieve a phone call or email telling me that I was LOSING MY JOB!

Advice to Management

If you want to grow, make money or be successful I reccomend investing just a tiny, tiny ounce of energy into your employees. You consistently made me feel like my paychecks were an inconvenience to the money you were trying to make.

6. "Great Technology Poor Management"

Former Employee - Principal in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Principal in Plano, TX

Pros

The company is a really great work place if you want to learn new stuff every day. They are in a very niche area and they have some really infrastrutcture for you to learn. The employees are very knowledgeable and have really good expertise.You will be able to learn and work at the same time.

Cons

The management,especially the owner. He will do what ever in his power to make sure ,that you feel bad for joining the company.The partial treatment on some of the employees especially when it comes to pay and bonuses. You will not get a hike , and you have to threaten that you are going to quit the company to get a pay hike.I personally have never seen the difference in salaries between two people with the same skill set and experience.

Advice to Management

I do not have any advice to the management,since there is no use in advicing them. They have already made several poor decisions,which had a mass exodus of empolyees leaving the company.

7. "Terrible Company - Stay away"

Former Employee - Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Consultant in London, England (UK)

Pros

There is nothing good about this company.

Cons

It is a terrible indian owned company who cheat employees by not paying money. The management is in the dream of making this a global company by not paying employees.
    Advice is stay away from it.

Advice to Management

Learn how to treat your employees first.

8. "Pleasure to work here"

Current Employee - IVR Developer in Hyderabad (India)
    Current Employee - IVR Developer in Hyderabad (India)

I have been working at SPEECH SOFT SOLUTIONS FORMERLY SPEECH-SOFT full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Best Management and a great support team

Cons

Just want to improve in some areas

9. "Have been working at Speech-Soft full-time (more than two years now)"

Current Employee - Senior Engineer
    Current Employee - Senior Engineer

Pros

The top management and the coworkers are really nice. The management make everyone feel valuable. Over all, it is a good company to work with.

Cons

As a growing Organization they are constantly working on ways to Improve the Opportunities.

Advice to Management

Managment In Speech-Soft is really very Good, they help you to grown in Career and more frequent trainings required.