SPINX Company "flexible hours" Reviews | Glassdoor

SPINX Company Employee Reviews about "flexible hours"

Updated Aug 11, 2019

Found 61 reviews

3.4
SPINX Company CEO Steve Spinks (no image)
Steve Spinks
Pros
  • "(in 5 reviews)

• "really good working flexible hours(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "Upper Management not on same page results in store level management not knowing which way to go(in 5 reviews)

• "No breaks, no employee discounts, "Spinx University" is a joke(in 3 reviews)

Reviews about "flexible hours"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Easy to move up, friendly upper management."

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Greenville, SC

I have been working at SPINX Company full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good customers and flexible hours. You will rarely have an issue with an irate customer and the management really listens to your needs.

Cons

Depending on the store, you will be alone a lot. Training isn’t very in depth so most learning will be done on the job.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

SPINX Company2018-02-21

"Manager for 4 years"

Former Employee - Store Manager in Greenville, SC

I worked at SPINX Company full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Store managers have flexible hours, bonuses and if you have a good district manager you can be moved to better stores once you prove yourself.

Cons

The company does not allow management to reward cashiers or assistant managers with the pay they deserve. If you are a store manager and all of your employees quit? Congrats you now live at the store; do not bring a blanket, you are not going to be allowed to sleep. When I left so did my boss and his all within a month of each other. I have talked to them when I have seen them around and they agree with me, never... again will they work for a company that expects 24/7 availability.

Advice to Management

Management is an okay position if you love working and do not want a family/social life. Positions below management do not pay what they deserve, positions above are stressful and they do not care what is going on at the store as long as the audits and p&l look good.

SPINX Company2017-05-01
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

4. "good enviroment to work in"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Greenville, SC

I worked at SPINX Company part-time for less than a year

Pros

really good working flexible hours

Cons

having to switch to different shifts all the time

SPINX Company2012-07-05

"Hard worker viewpoint."

I have been working at SPINX Company

Pros

Flexible hours and funny people to work with. The the drunks when they get mad when they cannot get beer when they don't have I.D.

Cons

NO,NO,NO respect from the customers when they cannot get what they want because they cannot understand the prices, and they cannot read. How the smokers take 35 minutes to an hour "smoke break" and the other employee is having to work like an slave. Having to work very hard for minimum wage and I'm not even an high school dropout.

Advice to Management

Please treat you best employees with more respect. Do tell me that im doing a good job and while you're on your smoke break degrade me to other employees while I'm working. (I'm not worthy to make minimum wage) Please taking into consideration that nothing last forever, meaning that I starting to get sick of the lazy ones who do nothing while I work and take no breaks. Life isn't free so i expect to get more... money for my hard work. I know you have told me that my review is up so don't tell me to put it back and its been their for two months. "NOT COOL" Start making an effort to get the store more cleaner because if I was a customer I wouldn't come inside. Its nasty and I'm a clean freak and the roaches and crickets inside the store and the dirt is not cool. The grade of the store in my opinion should be and F! People have told me that Spinx is a good place to work at but treating the good employees like cow manure is not cool. Please take my advice into consideration please. Thank You

SPINX Company2009-09-01