SRA International Reviews in Fairfax, VA | Glassdoor

4.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Lawrence B. Prior III

Pros
Cons
  • While I still loved the people that I worked closely with, upper management change which led to not so great changes within the company (in 24 reviews)

• The company was not well prepared for the merger with CSCGov and many of the positive features of SRA are no longer available (in 18 reviews)

1. "Great Growth and Development Opportunity"

Former Intern - Growth in Fairfax, VA
    Former Intern - Growth in Fairfax, VA

I worked at SRA International as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

-Bright coworkers from a variety of backgrounds
    -Variety of large contracts and projects to engage with if hired for specific technical skillset
    -Company genuinely cares about employee quality of life, growth, and development

Cons

When staffed on business capture team;
    -Pressure to generate as much new business as possible without time to focus on specific projects
    -Work can be repetitive when tasked with continual proposal writing efforts

Advice to Management

-Allow for more clear-cut paths for those staffed on business capture to grow and expand into other areas of the company. Bring together technical and business-facing teams for more frequent interactions to help focus on opportunities of specific benefit to the company's ongoing operations.

2. "Not the worst defense contractor"

Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Fairfax, VA
    Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Fairfax, VA

I worked at SRA International full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

If you want to move up, hard work is rewarded. Management is open to communication.

Cons

Too much work, too few people; but that's government contracting.

"Caring corporate culture dissolved"

Former Employee - Communications Specialist in Fairfax, VA
    Former Employee - Communications Specialist in Fairfax, VA

I worked at SRA International (Less than a year)

Pros

Salaries commensurate with the market. In my 10 year-plus tenure with SRA, my salary nearly doubled. In-house training opportunities, in addition to online training, were available most of the time. The career counseling and placement team known as "Pathways" was really good. The team worked very hard to help employees at end-of-assignment find new opportunities.

Cons

The company was not well prepared for the merger with CSCGov and many of the positive features of SRA are no longer available.

Advice to Management

Remember that the people are the magic behind the services offered to customers. Treat them well and they will be loyal.

5. "Company Merged, no longer SRA"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

I worked at SRA International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Company, family oriented (work/life balance), good benefits, management listened and enjoyed getting suggestions/feedback on how to do things better.

Focused on promoting a healthy, active work environment.

Cons

Company merged, no longer SRA.

"Great while it lasted!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

I worked at SRA International full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

It was a great company founded by a great man and run by a great team of people who valued their employees and their customers. I watched the company grow from 1200 to over 7000 employees. I watched the company go from private, to public, to private, to acquired.

Cons

Unfortunately, with something so great, others want a piece of it and try to duplicate the success but lack the heart to actually do it. Everything changes and now the company of SRA no longer exists. You may see the name out there, but its not the same as before.

Advice to Management

Thanks for a great experience. I wish all past leaders and employees all the best.

7. "SRA"

Current Employee - Associate Engineer in Fairfax, VA
    Current Employee - Associate Engineer in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at SRA International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Highly skilled employees are their asset. The company invests in their employees through training and premium workplace environments. Tight community.

Cons

It'll be great if the SRA Head Office culture could trickle down to the remote offices. lack of fitness or break-room facilities in the remote offices.

Advice to Management

The SRA leadership has done a phenomenal job in the past. With the recent merger, I hope this doesn't change

8. "SRA Review"

Current Employee - Solution Architect in Fairfax, VA
    Current Employee - Solution Architect in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at SRA International full-time

Pros

A lot of mobility through the company. Allowed to work on projects and come back to growth afterwords.

Cons

Very hard to move up in the company. You feel like you will be in the same position five years from now

Advice to Management

Attrition is the biggest issue for the company and there have been solutions put in place to fix this with their pathways programs but more could still be done.

9. "It All Depends on Your Manager"

Current Employee - Senior Systems Administrator in Fairfax, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Systems Administrator in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at SRA International part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

SRA has some of the better benefits for the contracting sector. 8 week paid maternity leave regardless of delivery method (amen), 401(k) matching, floating holidays. Relatively basic stuff. But the structure exists to allow good managers to properly take care of their employees. I was able to take a leave of absence and come back as a part time employee after having given birth to my third child. The whole team has been wonderfully supportive and the HR department was very helpful. When our contract ended, the internal jobs team has gone out of its way to find new employment for me and my team. Overall very pleased with the company.

Cons

Downsides are the same as all in the federal contracting industry. No fault of SRA's.

"Fun while it lasted"

Former Employee - Senior Software Developer in Fairfax, VA
    Former Employee - Senior Software Developer in Fairfax, VA

I worked at SRA International full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Family oriented atmosphere, great PMs, flex time, great for balancing work/home life.

Cons

No loyalty for seniority/longevity with the company. When employees that had been with. the company for 15-20 years started leaving/were laid off, the writing was on the wall.

Advice to Management

You let your best people go that have been with the company for over a decade. As a result you lost amazing talent and angered your customer as a result, just to save a buck. Time to rethink priorities.

"Great company to work for!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at SRA International (More than a year)

Pros

SRA provides a great work life balance

Cons

The benefits offered by SRA could be better